Disastrous

• I hold 4 players and I am something like £100 down my portofolio cost is £3400 ish only started a few months back while it was going pretty good before football restarted ( I held more players then ) now seems to be tanking every time I log in it’s going more and more down ! I know that shares can’t be sold back to FI but if players keep going down that means that the platform morale is going down ( at least it’s the impression I get as it seems that many people are on the same boat as me atm ) I wish that I actually used the platform when I first created the account ( a year or more ago ) instead I started at the worst time ever 😂! By the way holds are the following :

Kubo
    Rodrygo
    Trincao ( the one that is tanking the most )
    Tonali

None of them have been great since football is back and that doesn’t help

Kubo plays alright I guess but maybe the fact that doesn’t bang goals in or scores great pb scores puts people off ...

The IS price (ME) are shocking atm so that’s not an option

Basically I am just sitting watching the value collapse and can’t really do anything about it atm
    If I can manage to sell on a spike I will sell and sit on my cash balance till AC sort it out because as it is right now it doesn’t look promising !
    Especially if the only ones having a decent rise are the top 50/100 on the platform it isn’t fun and how they say when the fun stops , stop gambling ...

• @R9inter mate, you've adopted a high risk strategy which is fine, but if you're gonna panic at a not even 3% drop then you really have to ask yourself if that was the right strategy for you personally.

Bide your time, the opportunity to get out will arise, should u still want to, but when that comes, it will mean sentiment towards the players has changed so u may want to hold at that point or just sell a portion to diversify, but if u go high risk u need to be prepared for times like this

• Your oldest player is 20, you’re not going to see returns short term really unless they have an amazing game or a transfer. Those type of players are buy them and see where they are in 2 years time. If you’re expecting instant/short term returns then I feel like you’re investing in the wrong type of player

• @R9inter tbf even if Covid hadn't of happended and season was done, realistically these players need transfer rumours or a stand out game (rodrygo had one in CL earlier in season which saw a nice rise). Their all still young and I would of thought you will be in profit at some point especially when things turn back to normaility. I'd certainly recommend diversifying your port when you get a chance, whilst youngsters are a great buy, it can take some time but do usually fly.

• Good advice from the three musketeers there👍

Nothing more needs be said really 😊

• @MickTurbo
    Hi mate I always appreciate your replies as I really rate them !
    Anyway I did consider the high risk and I am happy with that I think I even made a thread about it a few weeks back but the trouble is , all the pessimism around the platform atm it is a worrying thing really as if f people start to think “fuck this I am done “ it is gonna be bad for everyone and my portofolio ! I think my thread is more of a vent really I can’t talk about these things with my mates as they don’t have a clue how this works and my girlfriend would look at me like. I come from Mars 😂!
    But I am not denying that the doom on here is concerning atm

• @R9inter some of us are fortunate enough that we have the experience to filter out the doom and be objective but I appreciate if u dont have that, it's not easy to be objective at times. All I can say to u is that there are plenty of us who's biggest dilemma is when to buy the dips, and nothing else 👍

• @R9inter there all longterm holds, think longterm.

• All good long term holds, and just a bit of perspective lad Trincao is down a whopping 13p from his peak so he’s hardly tanking as you put it.

One from my port is Pulgar who is basically half the price from his peak bout £1.30 down or something , I’m still in profit on him but I believe in the reasons why I bought him so will continue to hold.

• Youth holds can be some of the most profitable and frustrating holds on The Dex. I've been on since April 18 - and here are some examples of the players that I have held and the prices:

Sancho - 73p
    TAA - 35p
    Pepe - 38p
    ASM - 35p
    Gnabry - 40p
    Brandt - 40p
    Thuram - 26p
    Rodrygo - 75p
    Jovic - 30p

There are many others. The reason I don not hold any of these players at these prices any more, is that at some point along the way they have dropped off in value due to inconsistency or lack of investor pull = and I have sold them off and bought elsewhere...

At the moment the market is not normal.. Trends are out of sync and it is not an easy market to predict. The youth market is often safe ground. So in times of uncertainty it often booms (this happens in pre season also when they get opportunities in friendlies).. There has been a bit of a surge on youth recently = now football is back some money will move around. Many will be using funds to test ME etc. Others like myself will be keeping cash balances to see what changes occur to the platform over the coming month.

It is a difficult time and also one of opportunity. From my own experience I very much doubt you have anything to worry about with your port longer term - but right now there will likely be some ups and downs for youth players and the index as a whole

• @Gregolocky I'm on Pulgar mate, unbelievable price at the minute. Really decent PB yesterday and a penny for an assist but still mo buy up or unlisting. Of everything that's happening presently, the only thing I cannot fathom is the lack of interest in Serie A players like him who seems to have virtually everything going for him. Suppose the obvious answer is to top up, and I'll do just that once I've got some other priorities taken care of

• @Baydog criminal how easy it must've been to make tons of cash if you were an early adopter! Makes me sick to have known all these years about the product but was too busy just doing regular betting.

Even if you had little knowledge of football you could've chucked in £5k and comfortably made 4 or 5 times that!

An up and coming Liverpool youngster at 35 fucking pence! Now you're paying between £4 to £6 for the privilege.

• @MickTurbo ya he’s quality on the ball alright, if only Fiorentina could get a manager to get the best outta the quality players they have and string a few wins together. They just seem to be plodding along all season. Pulgar would’ve pushed 200 yesterday with a win I think

• All youth players, so all long term. Also all the youth players have rose so you may have bought them on a spike? Most are dropping as people are probably taking profits from them. Compare there prices from 3 months ago and you will see how much they have risen

• @JonesyFI-WH said in Disastrous:

@Baydog criminal how easy it must've been to make tons of cash if you were an early adopter! Makes me sick to have known all these years about the product but was too busy just doing regular betting.

Even if you had little knowledge of football you could've chucked in £5k and comfortably made 4 or 5 times that!

An up and coming Liverpool youngster at 35 fucking pence! Now you're paying between £4 to £6 for the privilege.

It's painful to think about, I try not to. Had I put my entire budget into TAA and sancho I'd be a millionaire 😂 As it stands I have doubled my money, and quadrupled my regret 😂

• @Gregolocky yeh easy, 156 in a draw and they played the last 20 with 10 men. Will be one to absolutely fly once the current gloom lifts

• @JonesyFI-WH said in Disastrous:

@Baydog criminal how easy it must've been to make tons of cash if you were an early adopter! Makes me sick to have known all these years about the product but was too busy just doing regular betting.

The thing is, if we had all known how much the platform would grow and evolve in that time, many of us would have invested far greater sums of money.

Personally, I had to repeatedly convince myself that this wasn't a pyramid scheme and Mr Cole wasn't going to disappear to the Bahamas with all my hard earned cash.

The same applies today.

Everybody is doom and gloom and threatening to jump ship, but if you genuinely believe in the future of the platform, then now is the time to buy the dip ... when nobody else is willing to.

If it wasn't for my newborn, I'd be far more risk positive and willing to invest further during this 'crisis'.

In two years time, the next lot of newbies to the platform will be typing posts in hindsight, wishing that they had been around to take advantage of this current opportunity when it presented itself.

• @MickTurbo With your post last night and his subsequent performance, I am definitely tempted to revise my strategy. Another big worry that I didn't mention is that there were strong links with a move to West Ham, the graveyard of careers.

• @PrideofPools soz mate, you're gonna have to jog my memory 😂 cant remembercwho I was on about

• @MickTurbo Pulgar!