Dutch players to be eligible for PB after the World Cup?

• This topic has been mentioned a lot of the Forum and there has not been a positive answer, i understand that FI do not have this as a priority at the moment but i do think that after the WC they will think about it more....

Anyone holding Dutch players in a hope that this happens soon?

• Not going to happen

• Think it would be problematic as it would dilute the pool of PB winners so much that it would have a negative effect on current values

• @Ermejo then why do they have so many Ajax and a few PSV/Vitesse players on the Index....surely all of them can't be an investment for transfer speculations??

• Never going to happen... Europa League quality teams playing league one standard most weeks...

Just give up on any of the current PB plauers if Dutch portugese or Scotland league gets added

• @toaster-poster tbh I don't even like the French league being included

• @AndyP32 they put in the players who were eligible for champions league and Europa league who are outside the top 5 leagues as they are eligible for PB in those competitions.

• i hold a few Dutch (based) players on the basis that Ajax has been one of the best breading grounds of European Footballers for the past 50 years... I don't expect the Eredivisie or any other competitions other than what we already have to be added for PB pay days but it gives us a good opportunity to get in early so that when the top players (like Kluivert, de Ligt, Neres, Ziyech etc) do move to Spain, France, Germany, Italy or England we can get in early and profit on their low prices.

For me I wouldn't like to see it, otherwise the market will be cramped with Heerenveen & Go Ahead Eagles players when they are the only matches on a Thursday night but the top ones at Feyenoord, PSV, Ajax etc should always be available as they are likely to feature in Europe pretty consistently (a bit like Celtic, Porto, Benfica, Sporting for example).

• @AndyP32 Because people are silly enough to invest mega cash in them in the gamble that the entire Ajax team will get sold to the top 6 clubs , oh and then get into the team straight away, its the biggest way to waste your money in a very risky stratagy, and while all thats going on your cash is stagnating for 1 maybe 2 years to make maybe 20p hahaha, but each to there own

• @SMacFI ......frenkie de jong,mat de ligt,kluivert have all risen around or more than50% in last 6 weeks so saying its stagnant money for 2 years is totally incorrect

• @Pat-Hiscock Obviously theres a few that hasn't but you get my point i was trying to make, not everyone of them players will get moves that people are hopping for

• it's not about whether they 'all move' on to bigger and better things its about whether you as an investor can profit from these players and by buying 'anyone' at the right price and at the right time on here you can... whether they are playing in England, Holland or America.

In recent weeks there's probably been more price rises in some of these players allowing returns in whatever investment you make then there has been in Lionel Messi or Neymar...? So who's wrong??? Those that invest in Messi for negative returns or those that 'gambled' on a £1 player in the Dutch league that has shot up 50p???

Doesn't sound that 'risky' to me????

• @SMacFI Lozano and Van De Beek also well up recently. Agree that not all will move but buying a player who could move into the top 5 leagues is a valid method of earning and before the transfer window is the correct time to buy them.

Oh and Lautero Martinez (doubled in value since IPO) and Cristian Pavon in South America on the way up.

Plus didn't I see you promoting Acuna & Bruno Fernandes on another thread?!?! Or is it just Dutch players playing in the Dutch league because they're not at the WC are a bad investment?

• @SMacFI said in Dutch players to be eligible for PB after the World Cup?:

@AndyP32 Because people are silly enough to invest mega cash in them in the gamble that the entire Ajax team will get sold to the top 6 clubs , oh and then get into the team straight away, its the biggest way to waste your money in a very risky stratagy, and while all thats going on your cash is stagnating for 1 maybe 2 years to make maybe 20p hahaha, but each to there own

I'm sure your strategy has been about buying into potential transfers at the 50p-£1 bracket? Including from the Portuguese league.

It seems a bit inconsistent to slate people doing the same thing with Dutch clubs.

• Surprise surprise @SMacFI coming out with bold statement that are clearly wrong again whilst in fact contradicting your own much publicised strategy of buying all the cheapo players that will get transfers in the summer. Obviously no one else is as good at it as you though eh.

I know you're only trying to wind people up mate but I find it all a bit boring.

• @SMacFI if they was smart they'd have already sold the rumour and moved on...

Prices likely to fall unless they move, to a pb giant Marseille,Lyon, Napoli, psg or top 6 English club.

• @John-Renwick thanks John

• @toaster-poster Is there sarcasm at work here?

I'm stupid if I bought him but I'm also stupid if I didn't buy him and sell once the rumours started?

Sure cash in if you don't think they're going to move and you've made a nice profit but the bloomin transfer window isn't even open yet!!!

• @Stevo i dont come on her purely to wind people up, and its hardly a contradiction in my strategy, i will not buy anyone to sit on them for 1 year to gamble they will move, as for you finding my input boring, well just because my advice goes against your grain, and how you play the index, am not really fussed if i bore you, its an open forum, if you dont like other peoples opinions, maybe spend less time on the form

• @SMacFI Where do you get one year from? Perfectly possible that these Dutch players will move this summer isn't it? (I don't own any of them by the way) As @Stevo points out, it's no different to you holding a player from the Portuguese league who you think might move this summer. And as you often say yourself, they don't have to actually move, you only have to ride the bus for a few stops to make a profit. Why does that suddenly become in your words "silly" just because they play for Ajax?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.