Port Success Among the Gloom!!!

• 0_1593037145042_Port Cost Covid19 10032020.PNG 10/03/20

0_1593037296186_Port After 13k Withdrawal.PNG 24/06/20

I don't normally reveal how much money I have in here since I joined nearly 2 years ago, usually only saying that it was a 5-figure lump sum. Now that it is a 4-figure port, it feels like a small amount compared to what it was before, so I'm less shy.

The port value of £2.3k on 10 March above was what it was at the start of the last deposit bonus (DD). The 5-figure temporary deposit I put in that day took almost 2 months to get it back out in bits and pieces starting from 24 April. I was given just over £1k in bonus and if you ignore that, my port has grown in value nearly 50%. This was achieved with a mixture of over £600 Bruno dividends, some dividends from other players and CA.

Yes, the port value is based on the buy price which realistically with the ME should be more like a figure in between the buy price and the IS price. I won't be putting in any more temporary deposits not even for a DD as they're now too risky to get out and seem to trigger EDDs. I'm convinced my EDD for April 2020 was triggered by the last 5-figure temporary deposit I dropped for the DD.

With a port of 20 players, I aim to grow it to a 5-figure sum. It's a big challenge but it'll be fun trying!

• @Londoner ive had a very similar bit of success of this period due to 250 Bruno and 250 Rashford my portfolio value increased by over £2500. Its been my most successful period on the index and thats saying something considering i started 6 months before the share split. My total profit in nearly 2 years is £4800 and £2500 of that came in the last 4 months. I have to admit i am very bored at this current moment in time but its been a good period prior to this stagnation

• I’ve also made about 30% since march, boring now but what can you do, for me the end of the season cant come quicker enough so FI can market the new season.
    No point in blowing their load now because of a few stagnant week or months.

• You've only made profit once you've sold, and it's hard to sell anyone right now on the market. So I think we should be cautious when talking about 'profit' made in the last few months unless it's sitting in your bank account. I'm all for a bit of optimism, but let's keep it real too 👍

• @Tom77 said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

I’ve also made about 30% since march, boring now but what can you do, for me the end of the season cant come quicker enough so FI can market the new season.

That's actually a really good point Tom. For all the moaning we are doing now, I'm happy to just be bored with the index for the next few weeks (whilst ignoring my portfolio dropping) in anticipation of FI knocking it out the park for next season. They rarely let the side down so I don't expect them to start now 💪👍

Its never been more critical that they get it right too, with the competition for our pound greater than ever before

• @Hotspur said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

You've only made profit once you've sold, and it's hard to sell anyone right now on the market. So I think we should be cautious when talking about 'profit' made in the last few months unless it's sitting in your bank account. I'm all for a bit of optimism, but let's keep it real too 👍

Oh ive sold mine its profit in the bank now. The profit ive boasted is after sale and commission

• @Black-Wolf you've sold your Rashfords and Brunos?

• @ChazFI123 all but 25 of each. I sold them before the ME came in, the risk and volatility of OB’s made me want to derisk

• @Black-Wolf atleast you won't have to cheer United on anymore haha!

• @ChazFI123 i dont cheer on teams anymore only individual players 😂😂

• @ScouseSte said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

@Tom77 said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

I’ve also made about 30% since march, boring now but what can you do, for me the end of the season cant come quicker enough so FI can market the new season.

That's actually a really good point Tom. For all the moaning we are doing now, I'm happy to just be bored with the index for the next few weeks (whilst ignoring my portfolio dropping) in anticipation of FI knocking it out the park for next season. They rarely let the side down so I don't expect them to start now 💪👍

Its never been more critical that they get it right too, with the competition for our pound greater than ever before

Yep and while people are moaning about it being stale, I’m happy to wait for the new season even if it is as dull at the moment, FI have to pick the right moments for the big rockets.

• @Tom77 yeah FI dont want it like this either. Everyone needs to remember FI get 2% of every sale so they dont want wide spreads and stagnation either they want tight spreads and cap app because then their 2% is worth more.

Its healthy for the market to be flat at times even if it is boring. FI will be weighing up whats best for the product longterm and keeping traders interested short term

• @Black-Wolf said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

@Londoner ive had a very similar bit of success of this period due to 250 Bruno and 250 Rashford my portfolio value increased by over £2500. Its been my most successful period on the index and thats saying something considering i started 6 months before the share split. My total profit in nearly 2 years is £4800 and £2500 of that came in the last 4 months. I have to admit i am very bored at this current moment in time but its been a good period prior to this stagnation

Cool. What happened to your new name?

• @Hotspur said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

You've only made profit once you've sold, and it's hard to sell anyone right now on the market. So I think we should be cautious when talking about 'profit' made in the last few months unless it's sitting in your bank account. I'm all for a bit of optimism, but let's keep it real too 👍

True. That's why I said "port value" and not profit. I didn't mention profit once in the OP. Even with that you have to take into account the port value is based on a diminishing buy price.

• just Purchased 487 TTA's @ 6.08 5 mins before he was de-listed and sent back up to 9.44.

Edit: Should have said @9.08

• @Advinculas-Index said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

just Purchased 487 TTA's @ 6.08 5 mins before he was de-listed and sent back up to 9.44.

As we said in the playground 'Chinni rack on - prove it or you will wee yourself in bed tonight'

And no doubt you have, that goes to show - how a nice balance in times of big fish manipulation - take advantage - once I have moved house I will always try to have a couple of grand sat waiting for times like this as they happen a couple of times a month.

• @Advinculas-Index said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

@Millerman

0_1593094524696_upload-117243b3-47df-40a5-8292-c810c4fe6c1a

0_1593094594185_upload-7c044321-8c96-453b-b0ca-eb1c498e6b67

Booooooom there you go...made up for you, even drip selling them thats at least a grands worth of profit.

You made me man wee a little!!!!!!! Love examples of money making like this I do......good drills mate.

• @Millerman said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

@Advinculas-Index said in Port Success Among the Gloom!!!:

@Millerman

0_1593094524696_upload-117243b3-47df-40a5-8292-c810c4fe6c1a

0_1593094594185_upload-7c044321-8c96-453b-b0ca-eb1c498e6b67

Booooooom there you go...made up for you, even drip selling them thats at least a grands worth of profit.

You made me man wee a little!!!!!!! Love examples of money making like this I do......good drills mate.

Rest of my port is still going south so at least its stemmed the tide somewhat....

• @Advinculas-Index that’s £9.08... you said £6.08 earlier!!