Time Out - Has anyone used it?

• I have just hit the Time Out for 30 days/one month button. I presume you still earn dividends whilst you have no access to deposit, buy or sell etc?

I have done this as I spend too much time checking my port, sometimes every few minutes, spending the divs too quickly and I also think that the dip has still a bit further to go. This will also give me a bit more discipline.

In a months time the leagues will be finished or close to finishing. I hope to have earned a few quid by then. I doubt there will be any bonuses bar maybe a 10000 drop as it takes two weeks minimum for them to announce an announcement in two weeks time and I suspect the dip will be at its lowest then.

Has anyone timed out before? Did it help or not?

• Lol πŸ‘€
    0_1593041323638_download.jpeg

• @Kipper72 said in Time Out - Has anyone used it?:

I have just hit the Time Out for 30 days/one month button. I presume you still earn dividends whilst you have no access to deposit, buy or sell etc?

I have done this as I spend too much time checking my port, sometimes every few minutes, spending the divs too quickly and I also think that the dip has still a bit further to go. This will also give me a bit more discipline.

In a months time the leagues will be finished or close to finishing. I hope to have earned a few quid by then. I doubt there will be any bonuses bar maybe a 10000 drop as it takes two weeks minimum for them to announce an announcement in two weeks time and I suspect the dip will be at its lowest then.

Has anyone timed out before? Did it help or not?

I landed in Dublin the day the world cancelled football. Couldn't access my port for a weekend and it left me unable to act. Why would you impose that on yourself, especially in these crazy times ha.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Time Out - Has anyone used it?:

Why would you impose that on yourself,

To stop myself buying any more of this bloke with my hard earned div winnings:

0_1593042491522_upload-4c6e6e02-32ef-4cae-8cc7-05d696cafc9f

LOL

• @Kipper72

I have 1,000 futures in Taremi lol.

• I am seriously regretting it now though but can't reverse it. Seemed like a good idea after a few beers.

But wasn't it a well known trader who said something along the lines of at times of crisis (port dropping) switch off all devices that show your port dropping for X amount of time and when crisis is over your port will be ok?

Not a direct quote by the way.

Well, as I said, I can't change this potentially idiotic/genius drunken decision of mine.

Happy trading

• Who's that bloke @MickTurbo put on? He looks like a crustie

I am seriously regretting it now though but can't reverse it. Seemed like a good idea after a few beers.

But wasn't it a well known trader who said something along the lines of at times of crisis (port dropping) switch off all devices that show your port dropping for X amount of time and when crisis is over your port will be ok?

Well, as I said, I can't change this potentially idiotic/genius drunken decision of mine.

Happy trading

I've got 176 open bids on Taremi as we speak ha. Don't get me wrong, they're at a price that would sting you... but feel free to unload your players on to me :-) The man has scored 3 in his last 3 and has one foot out of the door already. Hopefully by the time you come back, you'll see some reason to buy more :)

• @Dan-The-Man said in Time Out - Has anyone used it?:

@Kipper72 said in Time Out - Has anyone used it?:

I am seriously regretting it now though but can't reverse it. Seemed like a good idea after a few beers.

Happy trading

I've got 176 open bids on Taremi as we speak ha. Don't get me wrong, they're at a price that would sting you... but feel free to unload your players on to me :-) The man has scored 3 in his last 3 and has one foot out of the door already. Hopefully by the time you come back, you'll see some reason to buy more :)

I am seriously far to drunk to accept or refuse your offer right now. However in 30 days time I may have a moment of clarity.

Who's that bloke @MickTurbo put on? He looks like a crustie

Sir Bob Geldoff β€œgive us your fucking money now” Live Aid 1985

• @MickTurbo said in Time Out - Has anyone used it?:

Lol πŸ‘€
    0_1593041323638_download.jpeg

Very subtle mate! πŸ˜‚

Who's that bloke @MickTurbo put on? He looks like a crustie

It's Bob Geldof, voice of the people πŸ˜‚

(It's a reference to me, the artist formerly known as Scouse Geldof, a seasoned veteran at the time out game 😁)

• @Dan-The-Man Cool. I don't really want to offload, I may buy some more later. He does score goals though, I'll give you that.

• I've just taken a SIX MONTH timeout

on Pokerstars! πŸ˜†. My interest in the index has returned after yesterday's announcement.

• @ScouseSte I immediately thought of you when I read the heading πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @ScouseSte
    Glad to hear, I myself took a two week sabbatical, primarily cause I couldn’t deal with some of the forum users anti agendas and general reasoning used in the arguments. Was hard to have a reasoned debate when people entrenched in their stance only offer blinkered assessments from a self centered point of view.
    The announcement was always coming as was increased divs and media improvements so a positive bounce is now a formality. Time to load up me thinks.
    Just praying that I’m not going to have a trawl through a load of rubbish again on the media change.
    Media change was needed big time and anyone that argues that including more reasoned journalistic views whether they come from the likes of the athletic or lequipe or gazzeta del la sport , sports illustrated etc haven’t got a scooby do as they will replace the scattered gun tripe articles pumped out by the express and others giving balance to proper sports reporting overtaking haircuts in the man united squad.
    I await with interest though the avalanche of rubbish about not changing the status though from some again self centered users.

• I am now just over half way through my drunken self imposed 30 day time out.

I say self imposed but I blame Jack, Jim and Johnnie - (Daniels, Beam and Walker respectively).

My advise would be it is painful so DON'T do it unless you have a real problem.

• @Kipper72 Problem with money, not whiskey - just to clarify..

• @Kipper72 Maybe use your time out to try some real whisky with less of the "e". I was going to drink a rather nice Jura in your honour but just realised I finished it the other night so onto the Bowmore instead. Hope you and your portfolio survive this turbulent separation. Good luck πŸ‘.

Edit: A drunken time out is no bad thing, possibly my worst nightmare since joining is the fear I will have one drunken night, IS my entire portfolio and wake up with a portfolio of utter garbage. Never drink and trade!!

• @Martyn-B You sound like a connoisseur of whisky. I have bought a single malt called Talisker Skye as it was on offer. Mixed with a couple of drops of water to expand the flavour it tastes good.

I recommend.