Matchday Thread 25/6/20

• Only a handful tonight. Roca and Ferran Torres in Spain, Gundogan and Kovacic in England. I don't have much expectation for anything to be honest!

• Sarr, Saka and Kike for me, rare occasion I only have forwards in the hunt.

• @MickTurbo Think I will keep my £1 cash balance! Also forgot I was meant to be keeping a minimum £10 cash balance for the inevitable 200k Footie cash drop that should hit next week. Need some dividends and avoid the temptations and allure of cheap shiny things on the ME...

• Just one for me today:

💷

• @Martyn-B it does bring with it an added dilemma the ME. With a seemingly endless supply of criminally cheap BL players. Obvs that will change soon enough to other areas but its tempting to just bid for thousands and thousands of Klostermanns. There are players I want to buy as 2 year holds and I'm now trying to prioritize these players rather than bidding on certain others just because of their outrageous discounts. Probably should be going the other way though

@Yellow I'm thinking either matty cash or Joe lolley 😂

• @MickTurbo said in Matchday Thread 25/6/20:

@Martyn-B it does bring with it an added dilemma the ME. With a seemingly endless supply of criminally cheap BL players. Obvs that will change soon enough to other areas but its tempting to just bid for thousands and thousands of Klostermanns. There are players I want to buy as 2 year holds and I'm now trying to prioritize these players rather than bidding on certain others just because of their outrageous discounts. Probably should be going the other way though

@Yellow I'm thinking either matty cash or Joe lolley 😂

It's actually 64 year old former Scunthorpe United stalwart Richard Money.

'Always do the opposite of what the market is doing.' 🦉

• @Yellow been left behind by the market, great spot 👏

• @King-Fergus

I'm on Lo Celso... He is more sensible at this current time, especially if it's a short term play...
    As an Arsenal fan I will definitely get Ceballos back in, I really rate him, but we are shocking at the moment and I struggle to see us even making the Europa - Sheffield United away in the FA Cup to come, so there's that route closed

• Quite a few in the mix today... I always dread playing Southampton, so i expect zero from Pepe, Lacazette and Xhaka (back in full training so may play.) I have a few from city and chelsea, I fancy a 1 all draw and not much action for my holds (Rudiger, Tomori,, Sterling, B SIlva) Guedes and Fekir in Spain, definitely maybes

• @King-Fergus yup I think Lo celso, good score the other night (even if against West Ham) and based on Betis he surely has to add g/a to his game some time soon...! Tbf he could easily have 2 assists on Tuesday w son disallowed goal and when he put kane in.

• @MickTurbo I am loving the ME but it does make long term strategy much harder when there are bargains galore, although obviously biggest bargains come with the biggest future risks.

I was splitting my bids between "certainties" where I knew I had top price and only had to wait for a buyer, "speculative" where I was happy to buy or miss out at a fair price with some waiting and "cheeky" where I never expected to be matched and this was just a cash balance by another name. My only problem now is I never expected to match all of the bids and to be cash strapped.

No more trading for me until dividends come in or I manage to MS which is unlikely to be any time soon. Market is flat and kind of dull without trading, but long term I am happy with a flat month or so and future growth.

• Only Ings today. He won Star Man last week. Same again this evening?

• Foden doubtful 😭

• @Londoner he's playing the right team for it lol

• @Londoner against Arsenals defence not a chance

• I’ve bought Michael Obafemi... so apologies to fellow holders as he’s now destined to be hauled off at half-time without a goal or assist in sight and likely to be floundering in the Championship in a year or two’s time without adding another international cap to his name!

• @PaulM said in Matchday Thread 25/6/20:

I’ve bought Michael Obafemi... so apologies to fellow holders as he’s now destined to be hauled off at half-time without a goal or assist in sight and likely to be floundering in the Championship in a year or two’s time without adding another international cap to his name!

He's an interesting choice. Personally have seen nearly every minute hes been in a premier league pitch and dont think there is a premier league player there. Plus some experts have come out about his running technique and that it is gonna cause him more injuries. That said, a couple of goal and sentiment will fly.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor is this the same guy that advised Sir Alex that Jordan Henderson would get injured a lot cause he runs from his knees? 🤣

• @Dr-Jan-Itor

Thanks. I always love positivity with my purchases!

I’m optimistic that he can hang around in the PL for at least a year so somebody else might be tempted/foolish enough to take him off me if he doesn’t kick on. In the meantime I’ll enjoy my visions of him firing Ireland to Euro glory and add running technique analysis to my selection process.

Good luck with any involvement tonight!

• Fancy Saints to t

@PaulM said in Matchday Thread 25/6/20:

@Dr-Jan-Itor

Thanks. I always love positivity with my purchases!

I’m optimistic that he can hang around in the PL for at least a year so somebody else might be tempted/foolish enough to take him off me if he doesn’t kick on. In the meantime I’ll enjoy my visions of him firing Ireland to Euro glory and add running technique analysis to my selection process.

Good luck with any involvement tonight!

Sorry didnt mean to be a downer actually! Im a saints fan so couldnt help myself. But it could truly be an excellent investment. A young player, paying regularly in an xi. A couple of goals and there will be hype and he will fly.