What does the future hold ?

• Finally took the plunge in putting a serious portfolio together 20/30k just before the Instant sell was removed by FI, which I understand is part of a road map I get it.
    I am not worried at all as the portfolio I picked is mainly for the future so I’m in it for the long run.

I’d not class my self as index pro but I’d like to think I’m clued up.

Does anyone have a decent idea of what the future on the index looks like 3 months 1 year ? 2 year

Will the Instant sell spreads tighten up immediately as soon as the ME is implemented fully ?

• @Bashamsarriving Yeah they’ll tighten up, but I suspect business will be done nearer the current sell prices as opposed to buy.
    They really must release this with the dividend increase to restore trader confidence and give the market room to grow.
    Further than that, who knows.

• 🚀💥🚀💥🚀💥🚀💥

😊😭😊😭😊😭😊😭

☝️☝️This ☑️

• @Bashamsarriving said in What does the future hold ?:

Finally took the plunge in putting a serious portfolio together 20/30k just before the Instant sell was removed by FI, which I understand is part of a road map I get it.
    I am not worried at all as the portfolio I picked is mainly for the future so I’m in it for the long run.

Does anyone have a decent idea of what the future on the index looks like 3 months 1 year ? 2 year

Will the Instant sell spreads tighten up immediately as soon as the ME is implemented fully ?

Im unsure but I hope its just some growing pains just now, im hoping index come out and address the concerns of traders and put our minds at ease.

Before they removed IS, I could only see great things and sing the praises of the index and see a bright future, right now tho im unsure.

What is for sure is my ports been tanking for about a week or two now.... and its starting to make me nervous.

• @Kanzz I wouldn't be too concerned right now. Any dip in value can only be people listing to market, so the removal of FI backed IS has protected your port value for now. FI will want to encourage trading so I'm sure things will pick up again soon. Lots of opportunities to make money here. I actually made my first deposit in a while yesterday. Spent some, got a couple of bids out and left half as a cash pot ready for the next thing to take my fancy.

Of course, if you are concerned and feel a bit over exposed, you ought to do something to reduce your risk to a level you are comfortable with. Everyone has to find a strategy that works for them, so do what works for you. Just trying to point out that there's lots to be positive about if you want to see it. Don't let the negativity of others bring you down.

• @Bashamsarriving FI now a tier 1 body and Nasdaq coming on board points towards further growth. I'd expect probably a fairly static period while the world finds it balance again, before things start climbing and the user base goes up. Hard to say for sure, but unless FI do something drastic, I can see it being fairly dull until the new season starts, but I expect a period of sustained growth then. In the meantime, I'll be looking for players I believe will flourish next season (Euro countdown starts again) whilst trying to offload one or two of my more marginal punts.

• @Mintyfresh Indeed.

Ive been here just over a year give or take, so im aware it goes in cycles and what goes up must come down etc.

FI are usually good at keeping us happy enough and its in there intrest to want to make us pour money into the index.

Just the removal of IS combined with one of the worst dips ive ever seen in my port is really a bad combination of burden on the mind I dont need. I dont want to do some silly knee jerk reaction that I will live to regret as the market could return nice and strong within a month or two.

However a huge part of me hates watching all my profits that took over a year to build just slowly slip threw my fingers....

Its a tough one.
    As long as FI increase the reward to match the risk, I have hope.

• The biggest concern I have is your actual portfolio value is just some number plucked up in thin air, my portfolio is worth 30,500 which is up 200 in the last month.

If I wanted to sell that straight away within 1 Or 2 week It would be worth a significant amount less than that.

In terms of new people signing up “investing” This is a massive turn off as soon as you buy a player you are instantly in a 20/30/40p loss.

Your player has to go up 30/40p to break even, find it alarming how they can change this in one swoop taking away all the security of players.

• @Bashamsarriving said in What does the future hold ?:

If I wanted to sell that straight away within 1 Or 2 week It would be worth a significant amount less than that.

This has always been the case. Spreads have always been dictated by and indicative of risk in a given player.

• @Bashamsarriving Not everything you’ve said there is correct. You can sell a lot of decent buys at market price in a reasonable timeframe and not have to sell at the loss you’re mentioning. Obviously if you need the money instantly then that’s not going to happen.

• @Kanzz said in What does the future hold ?:

@Bashamsarriving said in What does the future hold ?:

Finally took the plunge in putting a serious portfolio together 20/30k just before the Instant sell was removed by FI, which I understand is part of a road map I get it.

Im unsure but I hope its just some growing pains just now, im hoping index come out and address the concerns of traders and put our minds at ease.

Before they removed IS, I could only see great things and sing the praises of the index and see a bright future, right now tho im unsure.

What is for sure is my ports been tanking for about a week or two now.... and its starting to make me nervous.

Get used to it mate. Markets go up and down. It’s healthy. Happend dozens of times on FI’s 5 years history. Happened 100’s of times in the stock market’s history.
    When IPD’s were released ppl cacked themselves as well saying the product had changed and they were cashing out. Change usually spooks ppl to start with then things recover. And life goes on.

• @Valhalla Aint my first rodeo, been here over a year now.

Its the combination or IS being removed and the biggest dip in my port since I can remmeber.

Not a nice feeling, further compunded by my worrying about if these changes could cause harm to index as it will no doubt have an effect on how people feel about having their money invested and the amount of their money they invested.

The risks have become much more serious, so they must make up for that by increasing the reward to put peoples minds at ease imo.

Im sure FI are aware of the situation and taking it as seriously as they should be.

• @Kanzz said in [What does the future hold ?

Its the combination or IS being removed and the biggest dip in my port since I can remmeber.

Not a nice feeling.

You can say that again. But it’s not natural to only have growth in a market. Need plateaus and drops. I deal in property and they bang on about an “18 year property cycle” (give or take a few years) that has repeated over the last 300 years. The market crashes, slow growth, mid term dip, then massive growth followed by crash. And then a new cycle begins. There seem to be loads of these little cycles in FI. But it’s still not pleasant seeing your port dropping. I’m sure they will make some more tweaks to get the trading formula right and growth will be back soon.