Congratulations Pool

• I've a fair few scouse mates - it's a shitter that they don't get to win the title on a game night. Passionate bunch of folk, glad their patience has been rewarded. Fuck City

• Agreed.. Their fans are some of the most passionate that I have ever witnessed, Feel for them, that they will miss out on there well-deserved celebration at Anfield

• @Baydog

Leeds next.

At least that way 2020 will have been worth something ha.

• Congratulations Liverpool.

The season was a bit of an anti-climax anyway with the stop-start season & no fans being able to watch, but at least they hoped they could actually win it on the pitch? 🤔

Sadly, that right was robbed from them too! 😲

Their fans can't even celebrate it (well the responsible ones anyway) unless they drink alone with their own household or with one other household, & those that did, have probably increased their chances ten-fold of contracting Convid-19 & made their chances of getting a summer holiday in Southport/Blackpool a little less likely now they will probably be forced to close the beaches in the north-west due to a second spike in the pandemic around Merseyside.

A regional lockdown will probably limit their chances for a caravan holiday in Wales too.

It's probably not how they imagined it - as it's turned out to be a bit of a damp squib. 😐

But anyway, well done - have one of these🏆

And it's still Liverpool 19, Manchester United 20 😉

0_1593154048661_IMG-20200625-WA0009.jpg

• @Dan-The-Man said in Congratulations Pool:

@Baydog

Leeds next.

At least that way 2020 will have been worth something ha.

I actually want the Leeds sc*m back - they have served their decade or so in oblivion.

I enjoy the games & it's time we give them a good whupping a couple of times a season again. 👍

• @Ericali need to get revenge for that Beckford goal!!

• @Ericali said in Congratulations Pool:

Congratulations Liverpool.

The season was a bit of an anti-climax anyway with the stop-start season & no fans being able to watch, but at least they hoped they could actually win it on the pitch? 🤔

Sadly, that right was robbed from them too! 😲

Their fans can't even celebrate it (well the responsible ones anyway) unless they drink alone with their own household or with one other household, & those that did, have probably increased their chances ten-fold of contracting Convid-19 & made their chances of getting a summer holiday in Southport/Blackpool a little less likely now they will probably be forced to close the beaches in the north-west due to a second spike in the pandemic around Merseyside.

A regional lockdown will probably limit their chances for a caravan holiday in Wales too.

It's probably not how they imagined it - as it's turned out to be a bit of a damp squib. 😐

But anyway, well done - have one of these🏆

And it's still Liverpool 19, Manchester United 20 😉

0_1593154048661_IMG-20200625-WA0009.jpg

• @Dan-The-Man

I'd be happy with Leeds, Forest and WBA... Leeds way too big for the Championship.. Do you know if Jean Kevin-Augustin will stay if they get promoted? I had 2500 at 50p, lost patience and sold at 65p, he then joined Leeds about a week later and went to £1.20! He had a big rep in France and Germany, seems to have attitude doubts though

• @Karl said in Congratulations Pool:

Agreed.. Their fans are some of the most passionate that I have ever witnessed, Feel for them, that they will miss out on there well-deserved celebration at Anfield

I was in town for the parade when they won the cup treble in 2001 - absolute scenes! Shame they won't get to let loose a bit, but i'm sure there will be plenty of celebrating to be done behind closed doors!

• @Baydog

Hard to say.

If Leeds get promoted, there's some big changes needed. Pablo Hernandez has been one of our best players but at 35, hard to see him thriving in the Prem. I don't know know if we'll be able to keep hold of Ben White either, given that he's been sensational and will no doubt have attracted big clubs. It's going to be a fight to keep Kalvin Phillips too but fingers crossed.

He's not really shown anything to suggest he's worth keeping. I know a few years back he was meant to be the next big thing and if anyone can drag it out of him, it's Bielsa but there hasn't been any signs to suggest he's worth signing.

BTW, I make it a point not to bet on Leeds. Hard to be objective.

• @Dan-The-Man

Ha, I know what you mean! In fantasy football I never have Arsenal players, and I always captain players who are facing Arsenal to either poison them or gain some positive from them beating us!

I traded heavily in Arsenal, but made good money as I bought all of the youth as soon as Arteta became manager (it had project youth written all over it). I don't think I'd choose any Arsenal players for PB or Media right now, I think we're in a similar spot to Pool about 5 years ago - struggling for an identity. Hopefully Arteta is our Klopp, I was desperately unhappy when he became Pool boss - he'd been pretty much spreading his legs to become Wenger's successor, and AW held on a couple of years too long so we missed out (sad face)

• @Dan-The-Man what are your thoughts about Kalvin Phillips as an FI hold? Watched him a few times and think he’s genuine class, I think he’ll only improve in the PL as he’ll suit the style more and I think there’s a real chance he breaks the england squad within 18 months...however I worry that he might be one of those players that’s fantastic in real life but doesn’t reflect it on FI? I’m massively on the fence about him and have made multiple bids at £1.50 and then keep changing my mind!

• @ChazFI123 said in Congratulations Pool:

@Dan-The-Man what are your thoughts about Kalvin Phillips as an FI hold? Watched him a few times and think he’s genuine class, I think he’ll only improve in the PL as he’ll suit the style more and I think there’s a real chance he breaks the england squad within 18 months...however I worry that he might be one of those players that’s fantastic in real life but doesn’t reflect it on FI? I’m massively on the fence about him and have made multiple bids at £1.50 and then keep changing my mind!

He's 24 and one of Englands best CDM's with a very bright future. When he scores, he'll be in with a shot of PB because he's a work horse but I think Leeds are going to have to fight hard to keep him away from the deeper pockets but he is a Leeds fan so there is hope ha.

The question is, which big club needs a CDM?

I could see him being part of a transfer saga with City and Man Utd, similar to how Harry Maguire was last season.

Ole has made a point about signing young English talent and although he loves Scotty McTominay and Fred has been showing great signs, Phillips feels like the missing piece. Meanwhile Man City's Fernandinho is old and they need firming up at the back big time this year.

For me, there are too many unknowns to recommend him and like I said earlier, I don't feel impartial enough to make decent judgements on him. Him and Ben White are the best things since slice bread as far as I'm concerned ha.

If you think I'm right about the transfer saga... he's probably worth the buy for media divs alone. If you think he's staying no matter what because he bleeds white, then I reckon there's way too many unknowns to justify buying him and genuinely... Fabinho is the much safer bet at half the price.

• @Dan-The-Man funny you should say that, after watching him against Arsenal I text my friend saying I don’t see how clubs are getting linked to Rice for £80 million when this Phillips lad looks twice the player and looks like he’d be far more suited to the demands of a possession based team. He could have a very good international claim too as what’s his competition, Winks? Rice? A good opening 6 months in the PL and you’d be surprised if he doesn’t get a call up, assuming Leeds don’t choke again😉

• @ChazFI123

It's not often the England manager shows up at a Championship club for scouting but Southgate came to see Kalvin and White.