Trent Alexander Arnold

• What happened today to his price ?

I had some shares in the sell queue now for a few weeks, and today they sold at a massive dip. From 1pm -2pm he dropped in value 35p, mine and perhaps a lot of other sales were activated, then, 1 hour later, his price is up 38p.

This is crazy, so is this how FI are releasing the buying stalemate, by lowering the prices to cash in on the 2% sale ?

Well good luck on those who profited. My sale just left my in profit, but not what I had expected at all.

• @magicboots it seems to be a coordinated group of traders mass listing premium players to reduce the price so their buddies can jump on said players at a reduced price. They then unlist their shares causing the price to go back up

• A Big Trader(s) listed 35p of him in the queue and this resulted in people seeing the reduced price at £9.00 as a bargain, this prompted a flurry of Market price buys (roughly 10p worth) which took you to the front of the queue.

The Trader(s) happy with the 10p rise then de-listed

• @Advinculas-Index Not sure I follow, how do you list at 35p below the price, if he did that, surely his shares go to the front of the queue on the Matching algorithm,, so he would have sold loads, so how could he delist.

Apologies, a bit new to this - as you can tell.

• @magicboots said in Trent Alexander Arnold:

@Advinculas-Index Not sure I follow, how do you list at 35p below the price, if he did that, surely his shares go to the front of the queue on the Matching algorithm,, so he would have sold loads, so how could he delist.

For the purposes of understanding this, forget ME. Shares were listed to market sell. Every 600 or so drops the price a penny. So roughly 21,000 were listed to market, dropping the price 35p. But these shares still sat behind other shares listed in genuine hope of selling.

The listers mate then starts buying TAA in maybe chunks of 50, capitalising on the depressed price. Every time his mate buys 50, the lister checks his shares haven't started getting eaten into. As long as they remain untouched, his mate buys another 50 and another 50 and another. It may be that the queue was 5p deep or so, therefore the listers mate gets maybe 3000 discounted TAA's and when the lister sees his own futures disappear, hs tells his mate to stop buying and unlists.

TAA is back to peak, his mates instantly 35p in front and the sell queue is clear

• @Gregolocky Why would you risk your own money to lower the price for a buddie? Surely you would be jumping on yourself.

• @speedloafer you cannot buy a player you have shares listed to market of

• @MickTurbo sorry I meant why risk your own money so somebody else can jump on, surely one way or the other that person listing to drive the price down gets some £ for it, if not all. Second account etc

• @magicboots said in Trent Alexander Arnold:

@Advinculas-Index Not sure I follow, how do you list at 35p below the price, if he did that, surely his shares go to the front of the queue on the Matching algorithm,, so he would have sold loads, so how could he delist.

They didnt,
    They will have listed 35p movements worth of shares to the sell queue
    I believe for players at the top end of the market, for it takes either an IS/Listing or a Purchase at market price of approximately 600 shares to move the price up or down by 1p.

So in this afternoons scenario, it seems likely that a consortium listed roughly 21,000 shares in the sell queue causing the price to drop almost instantly.

0_1593123314566_upload-75aede3d-d9c0-4e81-be97-d0493a84cc3e

The consortium (or single trader with deep pockets) will then have been at the back of a queue behind probably 20/30p volume worth of other traders in the queue.

They will have taken a calculated guess and opted to de-list at a certain point (roughly a 10p rise) and then de-listed, meaning that their 21,000 shares are now worth 10p each more than they were.

EDIT - I see its already been explained above by Thomas "hot tub" graveson

• @speedloafer the queue would be so long and the time the shares would be listed so short the risk is minimal to these guys

• @MickTurbo OK ... great explanation. and now I understand why on the ticker I see this happening, i.e. someone buying the same player again and again and again. I always wondered why they were doing that, instead of bulk buying, as surely doing that risks the share price going up between buys, even if seconds apart.

So, what we have here is someone with two accounts (i.e. two credit cards / emails), or two mates working together. Surely this buying habit could be trapped and stamped out as its manipulative, rather akin to arbitrage betting.

• @speedloafer theyll probably return the favour. Sancho was down 23p at the same time. Could have been roles reversed. Or it might be that we see somebody else plummet tomorrow while the favour is returned

• @MickTurbo Yea, I understand now thanks. Lets hope FI act quickly if something is off.

• This has been going on for years now
    I used to regularly happen with Neymar more recently with Bruno on a couple of occasions a few weeks back (he dropped by 25p instantly then recovered in a similar fashion as today.)

There does seem to be more focus on this one though - FI CS have even put a twitter message acknowledging it tonight, otherwise i would have half expected it to happen again in the next few days.

• @Advinculas-Index it's not easy to see a solution. For example I could drop Johannes Geis' price by 3p or just over 6% right now. If somebody saw this dip they may decide to buy it with the result being that whoever's at the front of the queue ends up selling at a poorer price than expected. I've listed in good faith but can just as easily have a change of heart and unlist. This is what happened today with the only difference being me and the dip buyer have not acted together. But proving what happened today is pretty much impossible so it's another difficult one

• Another method that may have been used if it was someone acting alone would be to list a single share at say half an hour before listing the rest of them and then using the sale of that 1 share as a warning to de list

• Can’t FI just ban these traders or freeze their funds for committing an act that breaches the T&C’s?

• Banned

@TeamGB
    Like one of the biggest accounts has said, 'how can you ban someone for listing shares for sale and then changing their mind.'

This account refused to deny he was one of the ones doing it.

• Not saying its correct what they are doing but talk of banning these whales is in no ones interest.
    The price fluctuations don't effect us they just give traders a chance to buy some shares cheaper but their money leaving the platform would effect all of us and shrink the market.

• @Splurger_Dan said in Trent Alexander Arnold:

The price fluctuations don't effect us they just give traders a chance to buy some shares cheaper but their money leaving the platform would effect all of us and shrink the market.

Somebody ended up selling their shares at a temporary reduced price, then when they were sold the price went back up. That affects everyone