Am I missing something?

• Been on FI for about a month now. Over that time I’ve deposited £60. My profit is down -£4. I’m getting a bit frustrated because I just don’t seem to get it. Everyone is making money out of this daily but I can’t seem to. Whenever I put my shares up for sale, they never sell. I just need some guidance and help to make money because at the moment I feel like I’ve put £60 in and I’m never going to be making anything on it, or even withdraw it if I wanted to...

• It’s been a strange month, the platform is part-way into a massive change (the launch of the matching engine) which has changed the market dynamic somewhat. FI have confirmed there are multiple stages of the new engine to come which we are all hoping will re-energise the platform and get us back to previous levels of trading activity. There is also a very high probability of a dividend increase to come in between seasons which should get things motoring.

I suggest remaining patient, don’t worry about trying to sell. You’ve only had those players a month, have they become bad players in that time? If not, keep hold, and review a few months down the line when the platform changes are all fully implemented.

• @NewUser319260 you've joined at possibly the slowest time ever on the index with a lot of uncertainty, give it time and you will make money, it won't be life changing though with £60 in

• @NewUser319260 said in Am I missing something?:

Been on FI for about a month now. Over that time I’ve deposited £60. My profit is down -£4. I’m getting a bit frustrated because I just don’t seem to get it. Everyone is making money out of this daily but I can’t seem to. Whenever I put my shares up for sale, they never sell. I just need some guidance and help to make money because at the moment I feel like I’ve put £60 in and I’m never going to be making anything on it, or even withdraw it if I wanted to...

hi mate, tbh you joined during a time of uncertainty but -£4 in the grand scheme of things probably isnt that bad, I joined around 18 months ago when the place was booming and my first few months were chaos however after understanding the product, i got to grips with it and havent looked back since. Out of curiosity why have you bought players and already have them in the queue, I wished I hadn't of done that in my first month or two unless it was substantial early profit. I'm not even suggestion for one minute to deposit more if you feel uncomfortable doing so but maybe have a little play around with the ME if u get a chance, placing a bid for a player that you think looks value. Also being new, read the pinned thread at the top which has some valuable info. Everyone here is waiting to see what happens next regarding sell orders but I try to tell people to be patient and see what's round the corner.

• @NewUser319260 Difficult time at the moment mate as I'm sure others will explain in more detail.
    The whole market is down not just yourself so dont worry too much. People talking of big profits was before a month ago.
    Try and look longterm and remember it's a 3 year bet you are only down on paper and can only loose if you choose to sell at a loss.
    Personally I think this is a great time to be buying the dip and getting bargains via the matching engine as I have full faith in the future growth of the platform.

• @Shippers Thank you. I guess I just not quite understanding it just yet. I’m trying to shift bundesliga shares, I only have 1 x coutinho (not even playing), 3 x sow, 1 x stoger and 1 x goretzka

• @NewUser319260 take your time, sounds like you joined just as Bundesliga was restarting and there was a mini boom, the league is coming to an end but it will restart in probably 2-3 months everyone will look at these players again, tbh probably even beforehand. Best thing I did was ensuring i diversify more, hold more players in different leagues make it more interesting, especially when one league isnt playing or has a break etc..., buying a share at a time wont really do much for confidence tbh, but allows you to understand things. Hopefully your confidence will grow and you will trust to put more in and buy more shares at one time. Ask anything you need or dont understand, if I cant answer, i'm sure someone can.

• Very surprised to see it’s people’s monthly payday in general and the market hasn’t moved. I’ve not really seen this before? Is the ME making the market constantly stagnant?

• @Shippers that’s great thank you. I’m trying to spread the portfolio about. I have shares in some PL and La Liga, I seem to have picked too many players who aren’t playing or who are too young haha. I have £32.50 in Timo Werner shares, just going to hold them as I’m sure he’ll go up when he comes to Chelsea.

• @TeamGB said in Am I missing something?:

Very surprised to see it’s people’s monthly payday in general and the market hasn’t moved. I’ve not really seen this before? Is the ME making the market constantly stagnant?

Just don’t think there’s any need to market buy now until dividend increase (unless you’re chasing a riser).

• @NewUser319260 dont panic mate, bide your time, it's the best piece of advise anyone can give.

• @NewUser319260 Patience bud, you joined at a really bad time in a certain sense, been alot of changes that are helping move the product along, however there will be some teething issues along the way.

Patience is deffo the name of the game here, there is a few diffrent ways to play this game, the objective being, you try to pick players that will return dividends and or gain CA from said dividend potential.

The best strat I could recomend and its how I play it, pick young talent you feel will go on to become great prospects who will win dividends, or someone who atleast has enough talent to create hype.

IMO hype is better than actual dividend returns in terms of quick cash return. Dont buy talent you wouldnt be happy to hold for 3 years (unless something out the blue happens)