Why on earth do you all want foreign media?

• New territories are not going to be for some time.

Do you want media to be harder to predict?

• @Chap yes

• Yes because atm isn’t right it is all about Utd we have thousands of players on the index with people that deserve to win media if they score hat tricks or worldies or hit a good run atm is all about Utd and Daniel James could win divs just because he goes at his gdrandmother’s for dinner

• @R9inter

Yeah I'm not disputing that; Untied + full names can be rid of.

I mean foreign outlets in particular - whats the benefit?

• Only said they will review and sort it, my guess is UK media outlets will still dominate but hopefully the same player will not end up with several articles scoring points from the same outlet on the same day

• @R9inter said in Why on earth do you all want foreign media?:

Yes because atm isn’t right it is all about Utd we have thousands of players on the index with people that deserve to win media if they score hat tricks or worldies or hit a good run atm is all about Utd and Daniel James could win divs just because he goes at his gdrandmother’s for dinner

It really isn't, why don’t newcastle united of Sheffield United win loads of media....because they are small clubs.

The utd bias is vastly overstated. Man Utd are just a colossal club .

The media review should be about the daily express posting about 10 articles a day.

• @Chap imagine if the french outlets would be included mbappe for instance would see more media divs coming in and that would drive his price up I used mbappe as an example as he would probably be very popular in France a bit like rashford in England , but also look at the Italian press people like dybala , lautaro , tonali , zaniolo would all benefit as would start win divs and cap app would happen as consequence of that so over all we would all benefit from it unless one holds just the whole united squad then that wouldn’t be so great 😃

• @Tom77 but I don’t get why should be all about Man Utd ?in all honesty football isn’t just Man Utd or England football is worldwide and we have 5 major leagues and it’s only fair that the media divs should take into consideration all 5 leagues just as it happens with the PB !

• There’s going to be matches most days and as we’ve seen the return of football has caused on-field action to be responsible for media payouts rather than just Messi v Ronaldo articles, Pogba haircuts or Neymar’s mum. Neil Maupay, Joelinton and David Luiz have won for one reason or another but on-field related. Spreading the love and making media wins available to all players, the Bundesliga version of Maupay getting assaulted or La Liga striker that hadn’t scored for months then that’s great. They’ll still be a premium on media darlings but it would be more fair, open to everybody and quite simply more relevant.

• @PaulM that’s Excactly what I mean ! That would mean more money in other players and more cap app across the board as anyone can potentially have the “bonus” of winning MB

• @R9inter

So taking money away from Bruno ?

By doing what you say it becomes even harder to predict and more of a lottery. Had media not opened to the top 200 (I'm not against that ) we would have had £20 players by now.
    Making it more unpredictable is not a good idea

• @Chap said in Why on earth do you all want foreign media?:

@R9inter

So taking money away from Bruno ?

By doing what you say it becomes even harder to predict and more of a lottery. Had media not opened to the top 200 (I'm not against that ) we would have had £20 players by now.
    Making it more unpredictable is not a good idea

It's like voting to have more numbers introduced to the national lottery draw, making it more difficult to predict. I get that we need this to go forward into other territories though, it was inevitable.

• @Chap well I appreciate that money will be taken away from Bruno but it is a collateral damage for the whole platform to grow , and yes it will be harder to predict but instead of having 5 media darlings we might have 10-15 so money will be spread around which is fairer and will help the platform to have more growth in the long run as everyone will have a chance to reinvest divs ! I don’t hold Bruno or my of the media darlings I only hold youths so it doesn’t really concern me personally but I think it’s time to dismantle the Utd and Utd players supremacy and make it more about football!

• @R9inter Bruno is a 20 goals a season midfielder, most likely going to be a ballon d'or contender very shortly so I don't really think it will affect him too much.

• In the survey where FI asked about this, I said that not only do I wish foreign media to be represented, I want each PB league country to have equal media weighting as the English media, as far as is possible.
    So if we can have spam publications like the Express, then we should have similar representatives from the other countries, as well as their broadsheets.
    I am not here to invest in English only. I have my holds spread through all the countries, and i want them all to have a fair chance to win.

• I like the idea of media outlets being opened up to foreign media, and I am definitely in favour of a full media review.

Media divs are way too subjective. FI needs to process to be a lot cleaner and less open to question as PB is. This is not easy to achieve, but I hope that they are able to find a solution (or continue to put more emphasis on PB as it is less open to question.)

MB feels quite open to corruption. The involvement of The Express and Daily Star is a joke. They are sister newspapers under the same ownership umbrella. Between the two publications they are continually affecting MB outcomes, and for all we know it could be one individual who is involved with both newspapers.

Opening up to foreign media creates new buzz on players. I am seriously considering buying Neymar for the first time - as he will surely be in the papers in England, Spain and France all of the time...

It also creates a lot of potential new value in foreign players - this in turn creates buzz on social media etc. I think it will be a good move to open media up, and if not only using credible sources, then put a cap on how many points one publication can contribute to one player in a day (or something along those lines.)

The more transparency FI can provide on Media Buzz and how it is scored etc the better. I only look as it as a bonus payment, I don't play for it as it feels like the market will outgrow it, it is too debatable. It needs to be something clean cut if it is to be a significant focus of dividends

• @Silver good for him then , I was just answering to chap as he stated that Bruno would loose value

• @Chap

I appreciate that media is the foundation upon which FI was built and that those who hold the big guns will be scared by losing a little premium ness but media darlings will still be media darlings. They’ll still dominate particularly in the off season and have an edge all the time. But if everybody’s eligible for PB then why shouldn’t media be more of a level playing field and attainable for more traders/players across all leagues?

If more players can win it occasionally rather than limited players often then I think that’s far better for traders/Index and will slightly strip down the simplicity of making easy money on certain players. It shouldn’t be so predictable. I think that traders should be rewarded for effort (Research) not just rocking up and buying the top ten. I’d like the Index to be based primarily on football. If the media’s a lottery then great!

And what about Bruno? He was toast of the town, the new kid on the block just as Lockdown arrived. He consistently won expanded MB during a period of no football but since football returned has he been the sole media winner on any day? Is he actually a media darling in the shape of Messi, Ronaldo or Pogba? Was he just a beneficiary of circumstance similar to the Sancho wave? By that I mean hype during a period with no opportunity to fail. Of course he’s in a Man Utd shirt and is being carried alongside Pogba articles in the same way that Messi and Ronaldo often go hand in hand. He may well, like Sancho, win media often from here and I fully appreciate your angle but this serves to show how it isn’t easy for FI to keep all traders happy.

For the record, I like my obscure players but do have a few big guns likely to win some media.

• I see where you're coming from; improvements need to be made.

But making media more of a lottery is not a good idea. PB is hard enough.
    You need players who are regular dividend winners, who whales can come and invest a lot of money in and be sure of a steady return to grow the index.

The faster the top of end of the market grows and the higher it gets - it always trickles down and the faster the rest of the market grows.
    Having 'media darlings' does this.

I'm all for getting rid of United and making surnames count as this will only increase the number of articles given out as points.
    But making it more of a lottery devalues the bet and makes it harder to win.
    Why as a punter you would want to make it harder to win is beyond me.

Also, moves the goalposts, again.

• @Baydog said in Why on earth do you all want foreign media?:

I like the idea of media outlets being opened up to foreign media, and I am definitely in favour of a full media review.

Media divs are way too subjective. FI needs to process to be a lot cleaner and less open to question as PB is. This is not easy to achieve, but I hope that they are able to find a solution (or continue to put more emphasis on PB as it is less open to question.)

MB feels quite open to corruption. The involvement of The Express and Daily Star is a joke. They are sister newspapers under the same ownership umbrella. Between the two publications they are continually affecting MB outcomes, and for all we know it could be one individual who is involved with both newspapers.

Opening up to foreign media creates new buzz on players. I am seriously considering buying Neymar for the first time - as he will surely be in the papers in England, Spain and France all of the time...

It also creates a lot of potential new value in foreign players - this in turn creates buzz on social media etc. I think it will be a good move to open media up, and if not only using credible sources, then put a cap on how many points one publication can contribute to one player in a day (or something along those lines.)

The more transparency FI can provide on Media Buzz and how it is scored etc the better. I only look as it as a bonus payment, I don't play for it as it feels like the market will outgrow it, it is too debatable. It needs to be something clean cut if it is to be a significant focus of dividends

Could "that" same person not also be involved in FI??? How I wish I was a journalist for one of these papers!!££££££🤣