Media changes.......so what will this mean?

• What do people think the media changes will be or mean for prices in the current top MB holds?

I’ve only recently started to build up shares in the likes of Neymar, Pogba, etc. Is this a negative thing for them or will they always be in the mix just simply because under any media matrix they will still always be written about because of who they are and where they play?

• @Erased-Citizen the big guns will still perform, depending on which outlet but when FBItrader did his initial research the likes of Pogba et al still scored highly.

It will massively depend on the first name rule, but regardless we’re more likely to see the big names winning and not a random EPL player that is caught smoking or breaks a jaw.

• @Sav2000 said in Media changes.......so what will this mean?:

@Erased-Citizen the big guns will still perform, depending on which outlet but when FBItrader did his initial research the likes of Pogba et al still scored highly.

It will massively depend on the first name rule, but regardless we’re more likely to see the big names winning and not a random EPL player that is caught smoking or breaks a jaw.

Let’s hope that first name rule takes into account that Neymar is always just referred to as Neymar!

• @Erased-Citizen I'd assume other countries journalists operate in a similar fashion as ours, and write predominantly about the club's with the most fans. More fans equals more clicks/newspapers bought. FC Hollywood, Real, Barca, should be still kinda predictable. Hopefully.

• I hope they get over the stupid issue about the sun and include it. It is the biggest selling paper in the Uk.

Also a CLEAR criteria. I’d like to see all stories, unless they refer to child abuse or terrorism or any story after a conviction at court.

• Clear criteria is a must. I think they should at least include common abbreviations like Andy Robertson etc. Dont think it will be anything as earth shattering as foreign outlets or partal names.

• The media change is going to be my deciding criteria of whether or not I remain with the platform. The Sun should be also be included as @Ringers rightfully pointed out. Why have I got a feeling that the media ‘review’ will be as detrimental (not as much, but decisively negative) as the introduction of the ‘matching engine’? Go on Mr Cole - restore my faith..

• The leaked* divs payout suggested three-place media every day. Are we expecting actual amendments to the sourcing etc or just this?

*I know there was scepticism regarding the authenticity!

• The Sun should be obliterated from all existence, not just from an FI or hillsborough point of view. A newspaper that I just can’t understand why anyone with any amount of mental capacity buys. I’m not a fan of newspapers full stop by this paper isn’t even worthy of wiping your arse on!

Just my opinion though and I know loads love it and buy it; which is a depressing insight on society itself.

I remember upsetting my Mum once when I walked in her house and it was on the side. I grabbed it and placed it straight in the wheelie bin!

Each to their own but.....

• Rule number 1. Buy neymar! French league players at a low. Neymar around £2 less than I expect during next season when he racks up a few monster pb scores again.

• @PaulM said in Media changes.......so what will this mean?:

The leaked* divs payout suggested three-place media every day. Are we expecting actual amendments to the sourcing etc or just this?

*I know there was scepticism regarding the authenticity!

I’ve been asking for this for more than a year now. Hope the do implement this. If they do, I will be doubling my investments in all my holds.

• @Dan-w agreed. Neymar is heavily undervalued right now. 👏

• @Ringers never going to happen the Scum is hated in Liverpool (rightly so) they are still banned from Anfield.

FI is a private company and with some of the senior management being Liverpool fans it’s a non starter

• I really hope its a totally reimagined system like instead of just paying out on places they do it by scores. Maybe something like a penny for every 300 pts. 1500pts pays out 5p but not dependent on leaderboard place at all just make a rule a player has to score 500pts to be eligible for dividends and any and all players that score above the threshold are paid out 1p for every 300pts.

This would mean huge media events are rewarded appropriately and quiet media days reap lower rewards

• @Black-Wolf said in Media changes.......so what will this mean?:

I really hope its a totally reimagined system like instead of just paying out on places they do it by scores. Maybe something like a penny for every 300 pts. 1500pts pays out 5p but not dependent on leaderboard place at all just make a rule a player has to score 500pts to be eligible for dividends and any and all players that score above the threshold are paid out 1p for every 300pts.

This would mean huge media events are rewarded appropriately and quiet media days reap lower rewards

I'd expect that's a little too thorough and complex to implement at this stage mate. If there was no ME stuff going on then maybe but I think it will be simplistic as possible changes

• @ScouseSte is it really? Id be all for delaying payments for 24hrs just to make sure all payoutsare correct afterall it would still be a daily payout after the first delayed one. I cant see any other issue with such a style of system surely its as straightforward as the current one in reality but more reflective of media attention

• @Sav2000 said in Media changes.......so what will this mean?:

@Ringers never going to happen the Scum is hated in Liverpool (rightly so) they are still banned from Anfield.

FI is a private company and with some of the senior management being Liverpool fans it’s a non starter

There is life outside Liverpool...... it’s the biggest selling daily so it must be doing something right.

And if FI let’s personal issues get in the way of business it really is showing itself up to be a tinpot company. It’s no wonder that media buzz is in such a ‘moral’state if the morals of the senior staff are standing in the way of progress.

• @Erased-Citizen said in Media changes.......so what will this mean?:

The Sun should be obliterated from all existence, not just from an FI or hillsborough point of view. A newspaper that I just can’t understand why anyone with any amount of mental capacity buys. I’m not a fan of newspapers full stop by this paper isn’t even worthy of wiping your arse on!

Just my opinion though and I know loads love it and buy it; which is a depressing insight on society itself.

I remember upsetting my Mum once when I walked in her house and it was on the side. I grabbed it and placed it straight in the wheelie bin!

Each to their own but.....

You really need to reassess your priorities mate, your expending to much energy on an inanimate object that’s exsistance you can’t influence. Feed the poor, protect children, help the aged, go on a £9.50 holiday (once you have collected enough vouchers, T&Cs apply)