IPD's : Do we think they will change?

• Within the market update statements yesterday it was confirmed IPD's will stay but without definitive context on if the duration or value will stay the same or change.

Given IPD's are part of the dividends table do people think IPD's will stay the same or change when the new table is rolled out?

• If there’s more IPD up for grabs that should lead to more buying at the lower end because you can potentially claw back a healthy percentage of your cost. However, with FIs need to be sustainable and a potentially generous PB/MB increase I’m not getting excited.

• @DW FI have been clear IPDs will change. As part of NASDAQ they will be done through an order book process - i.e. what you say in the financial world for new issuance where people place the bids of what they are willing to pay and then a clearing price will be established.

• @CBN said in IPD's : Do we think they will change?:

@DW FI have been clear IPDs will change. As part of NASDAQ they will be done through an order book process - i.e. what you say in the financial world for new issuance where people place the bids of what they are willing to pay and then a clearing price will be established.

It appears you may be getting confused between ipds and ipos

• @PaulM yeah that's pretty much where I am in thinking. It would be great for the lower end but can't see how FI can make it sustainable. For example, let's say a 30p player is bought and returns 4p of dividends over a 30 day period. FI will only get around 1p in commission per share on the transaction and have the 4p of IPD's to pay out, unless I'm missing something in that equation?

• @Ddr ha my bad

• @DW said in IPD's : Do we think they will change?:

@PaulM yeah that's pretty much where I am in thinking. It would be great for the lower end but can't see how FI can make it sustainable. For example, let's say a 30p player is bought and returns 4p of dividends over a 30 day period. FI will only get around 1p in commission per share on the transaction and have the 4p of IPD's to pay out, unless I'm missing something in that equation?

The 30p they receive for the share initially

• @CBN Do you mean IPOS?

More to the point does anyone know if IPOS are going to be a blind bid process from now on with NASDAQ involved?