Advice

• So for the first time since I've been on the index, I have no idea what to do. I've been on the index for about a year but started to invest heavily during the start of lockdown....now with the recent drop of a majority of my portfolio starting to stagnate, my gambling instinct is telling me to invest heavier for a month or two whilst players are at rock bottom....is this a good idea, or are we anticipating things to get even worse before they get better?

• If you are here for the long term, keep managing your investments and learn to appreciate the down and stagnated periods on the index.

I have reconditioned myself to look on rises in the market as a missed opportunity so now I openly welcome down or quiet periods so as I can manage my portfolio in a structured way.

Just my humble opinion but Best of luck

• @Oaksey1011 definitely some bargains to be had, but with sell orders to come, we don't know exactly what that will do to prices in the short term.

I've put a bit more in to take advantage of some lower prices now, so I'll have a bit of a buffer if the sell orders bring down the market price as I think they might to begin with.

However, I'm also keeping a bit of a cash balance, so I'm ready to react to any upcoming announcements.

I personally wouldn't want my whole sum tied up in players now, as I think a flexible port is important at the moment given the times we are living it. Also and probably most importantly, don't let the gambling voice dictate. Only put in what you can afford to lose and appreciate that you may not have a quick/attractive exit point if your buy doesn't pan out well to begin with.

But buy smartly and with the knowledge this is long term gambling, then you could do very well indeed.

• Filter out all the short termism and negativity being said on the forum and stick with your instincts backed by research.

I think this is a good time to invest given how much players have dropped however given all thats is going on in the world and the changes coming to FI always tread carefully

• @Oaksey1011

I think that depends on your strategy and what your long term thinking is. I listen to the advise given and try and match what is closest to mine. Others are on a different path and as much as I respect the thoughts it doesn't fit with my long term goals.

I've released some capital with some of the players I could sell, traded where possible & taken profit.

My portfolio is now 75% sinking and 25% profitable and rather than continually trade, I have offers in and if they don't come off as some are ridiculous I have a cash balance to adjust to the next release.

Until everything is settled and I fully understand where we are heading I'm sticking to that but happy to adjust if need be. Who knows if it's right or wrong, it's what suits my circumstances and as they say "let history judge me".

That's profound by my standards..

• What a difference a day makes!

• @Karl said in Advice:

If you are here for the long term, keep managing your investments and learn to appreciate the down and stagnated periods on the index.

I have reconditioned myself to look on rises in the market as a missed opportunity so now I openly welcome down or quiet periods so as I can manage my portfolio in a structured way.

Just my humble opinion but Best of luck

Wise words 🙌🏻 ties into warren buffets saying of doing the opposite of the crowd. “Sell when ppl are buying and buy when ppl are selling”. When the market drops, the masses shit the bed, but the savvy trader licks his lips.