Jota

• He really is becoming a player who only performs for half a season. This season and last it wasn’t until the 2nd half of the season until he started really putting in outstanding performances.
    It’s also seemingly happening with this period to end the current season.

Seemingly needs way too much time and games to get himself going!

• He seems to hit really hot and cold patches, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing for FI as his hot patches can produce really high scores. Which probably makes him more valuable than Jiminez even though Jiminez is a better player and more consistent imo

• I wouldn't be paying too much attention to form and pb scores in the end to this season. He's cheap compared to others forwards for the divs he will return over the space of a year not to mention the potential for further Improvement as hes only 23. Take a look at the table he's top for pb divs return in Forwards age 23 and under.
    Europa league gold days coming up with Wolves in August when other teams arent playing. European football next season, Euros with Portugal and the lightly hood of a big transfer + spec in the next couple of seasons.
    Dont see much of a down side to him at current price!
    0_1593264608699_Screenshot_20200627-142143_Samsung Internet.jpg

• @Erased-Citizen
    He’s a player capable of high peak PB scores but not a regular good base. Arguably more valuable than a good base without high peaks.

• @Splurger_Dan said in Jota:

I wouldn't be paying too much attention to form and pb scores in the end to this season. He's cheap compared to others forwards for the divs he will return over the space of a year not to mention the potential for further Improvement as hes only 23. Take a look at the table he's top for pb divs return in Forwards age 23 and under.
    Europa league gold days coming up with Wolves in August when other teams arent playing. European football next season, Euros with Portugal and the lightly hood of a big transfer + spec in the next couple of seasons.
    Dont see much of a down side to him at current price!
    0_1593264608699_Screenshot_20200627-142143_Samsung Internet.jpg

I’m not doubting that but all of that seems to come in the 2nd half of his seasons. If he could do it for a full season he’d be a PB god!!

• @wolves86 said in Jota:

@Erased-Citizen
    He’s a player capable of high peak PB scores but not a regular good base. Arguably more valuable than a good base without high peaks.

True, which is why I think Kimmich isn’t as great as some think. Purely because he’s the opposite of Jota and puts consistent high scores in but never enough that are big enough to grab the divs on the Silver and Gold days.

• @Erased-Citizen
    Exactly the comparison I was thinking of. It’s a principle I struggle to get my head around though in terms of putting my money where my mouth is; I like the feeling of having someone ‘competing’ for PB week in week out (I held Verratti) but, in reality, without tiered PB, you’re better off with someone capable of big peaks. AC was very clear on no tiered PB, so just got to keep my head focused when purchasing lol.

• @Erased-Citizen said in Jota:

I’m not doubting that but all of that seems to come in the 2nd half of his seasons. If he could do it for a full season he’d be a PB god!!

Yes but that's exactly why he isnt £10 although he has returned 16p more in pb divs than Mbappe!!!
    He has the highest pb return of any player 23 or under by a long way🤷‍♂️. Cut him some slack😂

• @wolves86 said in Jota:

@Erased-Citizen
    Exactly the comparison I was thinking of. It’s a principle I struggle to get my head around though in terms of putting my money where my mouth is; I like the feeling of having someone ‘competing’ for PB week in week out (I held Verratti) but, in reality, without tiered PB, you’re better off with someone capable of big peaks. AC was very clear on no tiered PB, so just got to keep my head focused when purchasing lol.

Yep, I’m the same mate. Now changing my thinking from emotion to what’s actually best in terms of FI and dividends returns.

• @Splurger_Dan said in Jota:

@Erased-Citizen said in Jota:

Yes but that's exactly why he isnt £10 although he has returned 16p more in pb divs than Mbappe!!!
    He has the highest pb return of any player 23 or under by a long way🤷‍♂️. Cut him some slack😂

Good point and well backed up with hard facts. I’m just a tough task master 😂😂. Not that I was even considering getting rid of him.

He’s certainly more frustrating in terms of being in my dream team haha