Media - "Intuitively believe to be correct"?

• Tell me if I'm reading too much into Adam Cole's Market Update yesterday but he said the Media Monitor will be changed for next season, and to quote

"All the changes will be designed to deliver results that most Traders would intuitively consider to be correct."

He then says "making it as effective as possible". To me this reads more as fixing the current system but there appears to be a general assumption that foreign media outlets will be introduced?

For what it's worth I support the addition of foreign media (English language), but would expect more notice ahead of such a big change (3-6 months minimum).

Although the inclusion of the survey results and 85% support for foreign media is pretty overwhelming.

Am I the only one thinking it may be more of a fix to include articles with surnames and filter out crime etc? Are others basing their assumption about foreign media on the survey results?

• It’s a really good point about English language publications. It did cross my mind, if they expand into European media then will it just be English language? Forgive my ignorance but are there many? What are the potential English language publications in each of the PB leagues?

I think we’d just like it to be tidied and consistent, all versions of names getting in, no duplicates, consistency particularly regarding non-football related stories. You’d think they’d tidy what we have first before adding more sources.

• @PaulM they could add the designated Sky Sports channels as a start, for Serie A, LaLiga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1. All in English.

Then maybe the official league websites (likely they have an English language version). Then whichever newspapers have English versions?

https://www.skysports.com/serie-a

• If they do start using foreign publications in the media matrix will this bring a small bias to players from one PB country playing in another PB league. I was wondering if someone like Werner for example will be getting the added bonus of German and English publications ?

• @NewUser550313 said in Media - "Intuitively believe to be correct"?:

If they do start using foreign publications in the media matrix will this bring a small bias to players from one PB country playing in another PB league. I was wondering if someone like Werner for example will be getting the added bonus of German and English publications ?

Interesting!