Van Djik v Maguire

• Before people start shooting me down saying the VVD is far better than Maguire as a footballer, I’m not disagreeing at all 🤣 however as an FI hold, should VVD be almost a £1 more expensive? I’m not sure of the dividend returns this season but it seems like they’re quite similar, Maguire is 2 years younger and is English and at the biggest media club as their club captain surely he should be far closer to VVD in price? Or do people think people’s perception of ‘slabhead’ will hold back his price?

• In FI terms I’d be going Maguire but in real life VVD is a different level.

• @Erased-Citizen that’s the thing I love about FI is opinions don’t really matter, obviously to a degree it does, but a lot of the time a player can be good in real life but not be great on FI. My example is Luke Shaw, I do not rate him at all, but on FI he basically ticks every box you want

• @ChazFI123 said in Van Djik v Maguire:

@Erased-Citizen that’s the thing I love about FI is opinions don’t really matter, obviously to a degree it does, but a lot of the time a player can be good in real life but not be great on FI. My example is Luke Shaw, I do not rate him at all, but on FI he basically ticks every box you want

It’s something (along with many other things) you learn and accept when you’re a new user of the platform. Took me a little while!
    You have to put everything asside (personal opinion, how good a fantasy league player they are, how good they are for their team, etc, etc) and just look a their FI stats and if their game and footballing persona suits the FI matrixes; which ultimately decides how good they are in terms of investment and dividend returns.

• @ChazFI123 VVD is at the champions team and picks up MB at the annual awards ceremonies. So probably is worth more than maguire. That may change when euros finally kick off.

• @ChazFI123 said in Van Djik v Maguire:

I’m not sure of the dividend returns this season

0_1593322398731_Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 06.31.42.png

0_1593322408085_Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 06.31.15.png

It's worth noting that Maguire was a new transfer, so very likely to have added media interest but also that Van Dijk was a Ballon d'Or contender and that comes with added hype too.

Looking at their returns, the price difference does seem somewhat reasonable but this time next summer, I'd sooner have the England CB than the Dutch one and Man Utd are amongst the favourites to win the Europa, so now could be a great time to get Maguire.

For perspective... here's the list of defenders who earned 'the most divs per future', this season.

0_1593322928207_Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 06.41.47.png

• Bruno to maguire on set pieces is obvs when your watching, should be worth a few goals also.
    Maguire decent value imo.

• Was thinking about this earlier, Maguire definitely looks like an increasingly attractive proposition. Media monitor changes (maybe "united" being taken out of the scoring?) may be worth taking into account but probs will take a while yet

• I prefer Marquinhos to both of them - plays in farmers league for the most dominant team splits time between centre half and defensive midfield and will always have a good run in Champions League and seems very cheap at current price.

• @Fletch

Be interesting to see who his partner is next season and how well PSG cope without Thiago Silva to run their defence.

• @Dan-The-Man

If they do not go with a home grown player would expect them to buy big as without a solid back four behind all there attacking players they will be in trouble against the best teams in Europe