Dividend king / future king?

• Who do you guys think is currently the Best Buy in terms of returning dividends? And is there anyone else who may become a dividend beast? Or will it stay more or less the same handful of people?

• @Hughesy really fancy Pepe to become a bit of a star next season. I haven't been bold enough to back him as it's mainly a hunch rather than anything stat based. For current div beast, can't see past pogba

• @Hughesy said in Dividend king / future king?:

Who do you guys think is currently the Best Buy in terms of returning dividends? And is there anyone else who may become a dividend beast? Or will it stay more or less the same handful of people?

If you’re looking at value for money then as much of a boring answer it is then you can’t look past Neymar. Granted Ligue 1 isn’t on right now and a summer transfer for him isn’t looking likely, but when you look at his price compared to those around him, the divs he wins in comparison is no contest really in my eyes

• @Andy definitely Neymar. Back on the throne, where he rightfully should be 👑

• Not saying he will be the future king, but can see Foden being right up there next year. With Silva leaving and Pep confirming he wont be signing a replacement Foden will be a mainstay in the Man City midfield can see him winning PB with all the possession they have and he chips in with goals and assists.

Also with the Euros next year I can see him breaking into the England set up and winning plenty media PB to boot.

• @Sol said in Dividend king / future king?:

@Andy definitely Neymar. Back on the throne, where he rightfully should be 👑

Agree with this. He’s one of the safer FI kings going. Messi and Ronaldo are dividend Royalty, still hoovering obscene amounts- but age brings risks.
    Mbappé is a safe young hold....but doesn’t win enough divs to justify his price. Yet.
    Pogba is an MB juggernaut...but with one eye on the door, this summer or next, it will always hold back his price. But whilst he’s at Man Utd- expect plenty of MB divs.
    Sancho has got a lot of pressure to deliver on such a high price. If he moves to Man Utd, the divs will flow, but if he struggled to perform at Utd or in England, it could get ugly.
    Bruno is good for PB and MB. Probably priced about right for now.
    Which leaves Neymar. He’s cheap at the moment because French football is still some way off. But he’s threatens in both PB and MB like Ronaldo and Messi but has the major benefit of still being relatively young. A move away from PSG is the summer seems unlikely because of Covid. So he’s who I would probably be looking at as good value at the moment.

• Bruno. PB and MB.

• @NewUser503685 said in Dividend king / future king?:

Not saying he will be the future king, but can see Foden being right up there next year. With Silva leaving and Pep confirming he wont be signing a replacement Foden will be a mainstay in the Man City midfield can see him winning PB with all the possession they have and he chips in with goals and assists.

Also with the Euros next year I can see him breaking into the England set up and winning plenty media PB to boot.

I was also going to say Foden.

Man City aren't loved by the press and are seen as a club populated by foreign mercenaries who've bought titles.
    However, they've now got this extraordinary talent coming through who is a local boy, unheard of for this club in recent times! It could be the fairy tale story the media is crying out for.
    He could become an MB beast, especially playing for England over the following 2 years in tournaments (if Pep gives him enough game time!).
    As for PB, play the kid in the middle and he's going to be in with a shout every game.
    I rate this lad very highly indeed.
    And I look at Sancho's price and think "that's where we are heading in a very short while Philly-boy!" 😁

• I’d be surprised if the biggest dividend earners don’t stay the same for the next 2/3 years, can’t see anyone breaking into that really.

Best chance IMO is Greenwood in 4/5 years, looks like the most naturally gifted player to have come out the academy in my life time, think I saw somewhere he has the 3rd highest average base PB score for any U’21 forward (behind Barrow and maybe Mbappe) which is fantastic as he will score goals/braces to go along with that in the future. Rashford has been the biggest younger media returner (I think) so imagine what a young English forward who could be better than him can do.

Foden I think is going to be a great player, but the Media literally have 0 interest in him; he’s been around for THREE seasons and he’s won MB once. He’s not going to be this youngster that has suddenly burst on to the scene that the media obsesses with, he’s not going to be like the new toy IMO. Short term he has KDB to compete with and Pep’s rotation will hold his price back too IMO in a PB sense

It can massively depend on his situation and what FI does but Mbappe will be up there too IMO in the future

• Mbappe needs Neymar to move to a different club (which will probably happen next season), then you’ll see Mbappe really rocket as nobody to compete with then.

• I find it hard to look passed Dybala as superb value.

He can deliver 200+ without even playing a full 90, having Sarri as his manager and sharing a team with CR7.

He oozes class every time I watch him and for me is criminally underpriced when you look at some of the top end.

He is only going to go one way, still young at 26 and you’d expect the CR7 / Sarri factor to matter less in the future.

Yes I do hold him (nowhere near as much as I’d like too) but I genuinely think he is had to ignore at a little over £4!

• @Erased-Citizen said in Dividend king / future king?:

then you’ll see Mbappe really rocket as nobody to compete with then.

Mbappe can't win PB when Neymar doesn't play so why will he suddenly start if Neymar leaves? Don't get me wrong great player in real life but terrible PB player, so his FI price relies almost solely on buyers who don't understand that dividend yields support prices & his future price relies on both hype & the "greater fool strategy",

I have held a small number for nearly 2 years & he's won c. 30p in that time whilst ripping up the weakest PB league at the strongest club in that league. His price has risen between 4/5 times as everyone buys generational talent that looks great when playing but his dividend return is appallingly low at <2% p.a. & that means his price has virtually no yield support, so is vulnerable to crashing whenever buyers demand value for money. This all makes him a very risky hold & only ever an imposter King, as that man need to be a PB/MB hybrid monster like Messi, Neymar or Bruno IMHO .

• @Geronimo159387 Yeah his PB isn’t great but it’s not bad either and he’s only 21 and improving all the time. I may be wrong but I think his PB will improve and when Neymar rejoins Barca, he’ll start to scoop up his fair share.

• @NewUser503685 said in Dividend king / future king?:

Not saying he will be the future king, but can see Foden being right up there next year. With Silva leaving and Pep confirming he wont be signing a replacement Foden will be a mainstay in the Man City midfield can see him winning PB with all the possession they have and he chips in with goals and assists.

Well this has aged really well as he has went up in value by about 1 pound in the few days since I posted it!