Serie A - The Last League Standing

• Disclosure - I own shares in Dybala, De Ligt, and A.Gomez

With Ligue 1 curtailed months ago and the Bundesliga already drawn to a close, only the Premier League, La Liga, and Serie A remain as PB leagues still being played.

With 6/7 match days in the Premier League and La Liga remaining, Serie A stands out with 10 full match days remaining. With the provisional fixtures dates currently, Serie A teams will likely get 2 or 3 rounds of fixtures as the only PB earning teams in FI.

This is further compounded by the upcoming dividend increase on July 9th with which Serie A is set to gain an early advantage from 7 match days set to occur after the dividend rise. Compared to Premier League teams only benefitting from 4/5 match days of the remaining 19/20 season overlapping with the dividend increases, and La Liga teams only benefitting from a crossover of 3 or 4 matches.

The cherry on the top is that Serie A fixtures are so compacted for the remaining match days that you could buy shares in a player in the next few days and be eligible for IPDs for up to 9 match days.

Personally, I think this provides a fantastic opportunity to purchase Serie A players. Benefit from the natural moat of Serie A being the only PB league for 2/3 match days, receive the most short term benefit from the PB dividend increase, and finally benefit from the IPD 30 day blanket covering up to 9 match days.

• Not to mention the ridiculous low bid prices their available at + Juventus Atalanta and inter all still have Europe to come.

• @Chap Juventus and Atalanta are the two teams that stand out for me. Though I'm reluctant to add any more Atalanta players as I don't want to get stuck with a 32 year old Ilicic even though he's been performing incredibly, or a 32 year old Alejandro Gomez, or a 29 year old Duvan Zapata.

I didn't want to make individual player recommendations as the entire league shares any advantage, but really can't see past Dybala as the best option - price, age, PB performance, goals/assists, importance within team. If he carries on performing at the same level and doesn't pick up a bad injury, I think he'll be over £5 within the next month.

• @Rocky-Raccoon

Yah Dybala without doubt
    I've been picking up A.gomez at under 90p all last week - with 10 ipd fixtures. Riduclous price.

• ok dont laugh but, szczesny ?

• @nicky540 Don't think I've ever seriously considered a goalkeeper in FI. Why Szczesny?

• @Rocky-Raccoon ive never held many tbh possibly only x1 (lloris) i just looked at remaining fixtures and would say most are winnable (?) if he plays all 8 games (buffon just signed an extension so he may play some) in the next 30 day IPD window and keeps a clean sheet 50% of the time (rough guesstimate ?) at his 40p price tag thats 10% back in divs, hes still only 30 which for a keeper aint old really, possible euros with poland (he may not be first choice i dunno) if you could pick him up thru the matching engine cheaper would be even better. i dont hold btw and i may look silly in 30 days time this could just be a moment of madness

• @nicky540 If there's any time to take a punt on a Serie A goalkeeper, its now. Until they expand payout possibilities for goalkeepers, I don't think I'll consider any. IPDs seem like the only realistic chance of stable payouts for goalkeepers. I did laugh when I saw that the IDP for goals is the same for goalkeepers and defenders, as if someone would get lucky enough for their keeper to score a goal and it be within the 30 day IPD window, and still only get a measly 2p per share.

• Just to highlight this once again, if you buy any of the four teams playing today, you will be eligible for 10 IPD fixtures due to the final game day being on the 2nd August.

• @CTFi642 30 days from today is 1st August, but still 9 IPD match days is still very good.

• @CTFi642

I’ve bought 2/3 cheapos off the back of a couple of goals/assists at at a discount via ME so already got 7/8% back so if they can contribute anything else it’d be great. They’re not the best players (Hence being cheap) but not the worst either (In my opinion) so hopefully there’ll be opportunities to sell in the years to come!

• @Rocky-Raccoon Ah yes, 31 days in July, my bad!

• Wow, Dybala is already above £5 in value. Did anyone buy shares in him or more shares in him off the back of this thread? Amazing rise in value so early on, with the dividend increase still to come and many more matchdays too.

• @Rocky-Raccoon said in Serie A - The Last League Standing:

Wow, Dybala is already above £5 in value. Did anyone buy shares in him or more shares in him off the back of this thread? Amazing rise in value so early on, with the dividend increase still to come and many more matchdays too.

I’ve bought a few more in him this morning. So many positives in his favour at the minute:-
    Great form
    Dividend increase coming
    Good PB scorer
    Ronaldo not getting any younger
    Plenty of games left this season
    Still in Champions League
    Underpriced

• @Erased-Citizen said in Serie A - The Last League Standing:

Dybala

The big upward spike is my reason for not buying at this time.

• @Kipper72 said in Serie A - The Last League Standing:

@Erased-Citizen said in Serie A - The Last League Standing:

Dybala

The big upward spike is my reason for not buying at this time.

With the much anticipated dividend increase I can see it only continuing to go up.

• A great buy but whats the thoughts on Ronaldo at the minute?

Still got 8 or 9 league games, possible CL and surely if he is to go out on a swansong before moving to MLS or somewhere equally as shit he would like to finish with the Euros??

• @Erased-Citizen You were right. He may go up a lot more and I hope you make on him. I'm just not buying on spikes anymore, hope I didn't come across as critical.

• @Kipper72 No mate not at all. Yeah he has spiked so you might have missed the boat but him and others will spike even more after the div increase I think.

It’s going to be a crazy couple of weeks I think and hard to judge the peaks and troughs of any spikes. For example Greenwood has massively shot up but his PB base doesn’t look anything special and you may see his price drop with short term profit being taken and invested elsewhere, before he then steadily starts to rise again.