Vinicius or Rodrygo

• Currently deciding to invest in one of the two. Which one would you go for and why?

• Before i give an assessment on both, i believe both are great buys. They've got serious talent between the pair of them, and seem to have their feet planted on the ground. Upside is large, but who has the biggest?

Vinicius
    I hold, just recently bought at £3. Watched him closely the other day when he scored and got a PB of over 200, and he looked different to me. I have to be honest, i've been let down by him since he's been playing for Madrid. His end product just hasn't been there whatsoever. However, it's been improving. He's taking on players, getting past them with ease. He looks stronger, fitter and passes the ball a lot too, has a very good eye.

His recent improvement is why i bought in, because i now know he's got so much more to give. His finishing will improve, at only 19...he reminds me of Rashford back a few years ago. But beyond his footballing potential, i think he's got that new star feel about him. The predecessor to Neymar, someone who enjoys the limelight. Hazard will hamper his progression, for now, but transfer speculation and continued opportunities for him to show his potential will keep his value high i feel.

Rodrygo
    This kid is going to be special. He's got great finishing, great touch and skill...he's got it all. However, although he does look the part and will do very well, he doesn't get involved in the game enough for me. Maybe because he's still that young kid who hides on the pitch a few times, but i feel he lacks personality when i compare him to Vini. He could go on loan next season however, and if he does, i expect him to do very well wherever he goes.

Not as well suited to the PB matrix as Vinicius and lacking that star media potential is why i'm staying away from Rodrygo for now. But i still maintain he's a solid buy.

• Both are going to suffer from rotation at RM but very promising. I believe Rodrygo has won more PB thus far but worth checking on IndexGain or FootyIndexScout. There's also a difficulty for MB for Vinicius as his name is written in multiple ways by journos (e.g Vinicius Junior or Vinicius Jr) and my understanding is this is not currently picked up by the FI Media Monitor.

• @Meridismo04 said in Vinicius or Rodrygo:

Not as well suited to the PB matrix as Vinicius and lacking that star media potential is why i'm staying away from Rodrygo for now. But i still maintain he's a solid buy.

Got that bit ☝️ wrong, Rodrygo has proven he has by far the better PB out. Stats below to back this up
    This comparison has been made alot and analysed in detail on twitter and Rodrygo comes out on top every time although both are still great holds.
    There are Rumours that Rodrygo could go on loan next season to Dortmund which would be great for him and holders!

0_1593509331407_Screenshot_20200630-102711_Samsung Internet.jpg

• @Splurger_Dan

Rodrygo has made 18 appearances this season in La Liga and the Champions League. Whereas Vinicius has made 29.

That would explain the higher PB average. Average also brought up by that 330 score.

Dribbles completed, passes made, chances created all in Vini's favour. What i meant by more well suited to PB matrix.

• I'd love to hold both but for now just hold Vinicius. @Meridismo04 makes a great point re: his potential, and this comes back to past dividends / PB scores don't always equate to future ones. You have to find the nuance, and so the underlying stats about dribbles, passes and chances created are hugely important.

• Feel a soft spot for both these 2 as they have made me a packet in the past. Lucky enough to get them before they came to Real on a tip from this forum. (There are gold nuggets of advice to be found on here 💪🏻)
    I’ve kept Rodrygo purely because his goal scoring and end product are more clinical. This equates to bigger PB scores. And he also doesn’t have the name problem that Vinicius has that could cost him MB.
    Both quality tho. 🙌🏻

• @Meridismo04 said in Vinicius or Rodrygo:

@Splurger_Dan

Rodrygo has made 18 appearances this season in La Liga and the Champions League. Whereas Vinicius has made 29.

That would explain the higher PB average. Average also brought up by that 330 score.

Dribbles completed, passes made, chances created all in Vini's favour. What i meant by more well suited to PB matrix.

Righto😉.
    So basically Rodrygo has had less games and still put in a huge score to win pb and prove he can where as VJ's had alot more games and hasn't proved anything yet.😂👍
    If you took Rodrygos 330 score out he would still have a comfortably better average than VJ and more of Rodrygos scores are from the bench than VJ.
    VJ is a great hold because his price will naturally get pulled up with Rodrygo.

• @Splurger_Dan

I watch both week in week out, i have no reason to dislike or dispute whether one is a better hold or not.

I'm judging their play style, you just seem to be looking at the granular numbers and justifying why Rodrygo is the better hold.

VJ and Rodrygos' prices are mutually exclusive, i cannot see how Rodrygo pulls up the price of Vinicius. Rodrygo can start the next two games and bag 3 goals and shoots up to £4 maybe. How does that impact the price of his counterpart?

This 'drag up' 'pull up' nonsense gets thrown around far too much in this forum.

• The VJ mb problem that’s been mentioned won’t be one in future. They’ll change him to just Vinicius ala Adama(Traore). Also the media recognition should be improved imminently.