Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!

• Of the 16-19 year old bracket, A Gomes is a no-brainer in terms of a hold who can triple or quadruple his price. He's currently £1.97. Look at the prices of his competitors who many haven't had much more minutes than he has:

Haaland - £8.12
    Greenwood - £6.51
    Fati - £4.88
    Cherki - £4.36
    H Elliott - £3.78
    B Saka - £3.49
    Rodrygo - £3.41
    Camavinga - £3.27
    Gilmour - £3.25
    C Jones - £3.12

I rest my case!

• @Londoner not sure there is any evidence that Gomes is in the same league as most those.

• Gomes has had 38 minutes of football this calendar year, meanwhile haaland scored a 20 minute hat trick as well as a brace on x4 other occasions, is this a pump ??

• Hes also about to leave the most expensive club in the world where his only chance for MB. If anything his price might go down

• Not even going to justify this ridiculous post with a response, just going to wish you good luck!

• @JASHDOY
    Good luck should be earned. Instead I am going to wish him good weather for the rest of the week.

• Should I instant sell all my shares in the players listed or just some of them to fund buying Gomes?

• @Frank-Mole-Pepys said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

Should I instant sell all my shares in the players listed or just some of them to fund buying Gomes?

I ve just sold my Labrador/Wife and extensive Guitar collection to get some

• @Londoner going against what all the other replies say i think Gomes is a player ready to explode on FI. He was the captain of the U17 world cup winning side which in itself should say something. Its only a matter of time before hes playeing regularly and being compared to sancho, foden and others from that U17 squad. Just because Ole hasnt really gave him a chance im not writing him off. I reckon United will regret losing him.

• @Advinculas-Index said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

@Frank-Mole-Pepys said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

Should I instant sell all my shares in the players listed or just some of them to fund buying Gomes?

I ve just sold my Labrador/Wife and extensive Guitar collection to get some

Some people would say the priority is wrong somewhere along the lines...🤣🤣

• The opening post goes a bit far but Angel Gomes is one of my biggest holds. As Black-Wolf points out, he stood comparison in that U17 side with those serious talents and I don't think for a minute that the promise has fizzled out. If anything, he will benefit from more time to strengthen up. The ideal move for me is to a good possession-based European team.

Trincao an interesting comparison - older but a similar youth pedigree - could barely get a game until Christmas of this season. Goes to show that it's not always the case that superstars become regulars at 17 years old.

• @Hint said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

@Londoner not sure there is any evidence that Gomes is in the same league as most those.

He was in the U17 World Cup winning team with Sancho, Brewster and Foden. He was the one the Man U youth coach was raving about along with Greenwood.

• @nicky540 said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

Gomes has had 38 minutes of football this calendar year, meanwhile haaland scored a 20 minute hat trick as well as a brace on x4 other occasions, is this a pump ??

Some on the list haven't had much more minutes as I said. But they're up to double his price or more.

• @FINorth said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

Hes also about to leave the most expensive club in the world where his only chance for MB. If anything his price might go down

It's true. OGS said today was the deadline for Gomes' advisers. But Chelsea are among a lot of clubs interested so he will rise.

• @Frank-Mole-Pepys said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

No. As those players rose to the price they're at now, so will Gomes.

• @Londoner I believe Lampard said he was not interested.

• @London-Is-Blue said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

@Londoner I believe Lampard said he was not interested.

Yes he did, but he also said this: "I'll keep saying it about every player that we'll be asked about until this season is finished - there's nothing to say."
    https://www.footballcritic.com/news/chelsea-havent-tried-to-sign-angel-gomes-lampard/1024

Man U said they were never really interested in Bruno. The rest is history.

• @Londoner When Lampard was asked about Havertz he made it pretty clear Chelsea were interested without stating as much. I wouldn't expect Chelsea to be in for Gomes.

The only reason Chelsea were rumored to be looking at Gomes was to rebuild an 'Elite' loan army, much smaller but of a higher quality to get around the new loan rules which i don't think the player would be interested in. He also plays in Midfield right? Chelsea are stocked for Midfielders and Tino Anjorin only recently signed a new 5 year deal (plays in the same positions).

• @Londoner said in Angel Gomes - A No Brainer!!!:

Of the 16-19 year old bracket, A Gomes is a no-brainer in terms of a hold who can triple or quadruple his price.

Ridiculous statement to make. There's no evidence to suggest he'll reach those prices.

• Honest assessment

To be fair didn't most of those players above e.g. Fati IPO at prices that were well i excess of Gomes so its not really a fair comparison.

As far as he goes as a hold, well i hold him so he cant be that bad. But yeah this was always the play with Gomes, the writting has been on the wall at Man utd for some time now. But the noises coming out of there are that they offered him a truck load of money to stay, but he wants to play and that just wasn't gonna happen at utd. A lot will depends on where he ends up i don't believe it will be Chelsea as he cant get in that team either, not sure where else he would go in England, Dortmond look a bit stacked in the CAM department at the moment, Real Sociadad maybe? as an Odegaard replacement if he goes back to Madrid might be the sort of move that he could get and be good for his price.

One thing is for sure tho, and that is that he has a massive point to prove and if he proves it i can see the media being all over that Pogba mk2, as far as the media goes once a utd player always a utd player especially if they can be used to bash utd over the head with as it sells papers and gets clicks etc.

But he has time on his side and he has the pedigree, if he makes it abroad and takes the Sancho route to stardom, then yeah the shy is the limit, but there are a hell of a lot of things that can go wrong in that time, even if it does work out for him, and get gets back to the EPL in a team where he will actually play, that is a minimum 18 months before you see any significant returns.

Comparisons with players in terms of career arcs i would say he is probably about a step or so behind players like Rashica or Olmo (similar career path so far, left a prestigious academy, went to a small club proved himself now at a slightly bigger club, trying to prove himself again) Gomes is just coming to the small club prove yourself part for me and its up to him to either make it or not, to be fair its hard to tell as we have barely seen anything of him to judge, at this stage in 2 years he could be a Sancho or he could just as easily be an Januzi.