Preparing for Foreign Media. This may be useful? Suggestions Needed Please

• Hi everyone. So I've been working on an FI blog/ website and launched a few days ago. Early days yet, and my first proper website so please go easy on me! 😉

As part of this, I've started to put together a News page with some rss feeds from European media in English language to follow players and to see who is featured and what the themes are in anticipation of foreign media possibly being introduced. May not happen, but a learning curve at least!

Just wanted to ask for some feedback and suggestions please. On anything - layout, content, but mainly sources - European media written in English (preferably not translated). I've grabbed some sources which i could find and will obviously update these with anything FI officially announce.

https://www.indexnotes.co.uk/news

From this there are sub pages for each country

France
    https://www.indexnotes.co.uk/football-news-france

Germany
    https://www.indexnotes.co.uk/football-news-germany

Italy
    https://www.indexnotes.co.uk/football-news-italy

Spain
    https://www.indexnotes.co.uk/football-news-spain

UK
    https://www.indexnotes.co.uk/football-news-uk

Sorry for the slow page load. Working on that. I can leave images out but looks better with i think?

If anyone is clued up on rss give me a shout!

I hope it's useful and it's only the beginning. The target being to have a quick reference for all/ most media and see which players feature and what it is about - performances/ celebrities etc.

Finally, i'm utterly inept at social media, so if anyone give this a share or retweet that would be much appreciated. 😂

Thanks for reading.

https://twitter.com/INDEXnotes_FI
    https://www.indexnotes.co.uk/

• First up Metropolis, I think you have done a great job (especially considering it's your first website). It's clean, easy to navigate, and most importantly contains good information.

In terms of answering the most important question 'Why should people visit my site?' I think you've potentially filled a gap in the market with your 'News' tab, and would focus on this.

I would like to see a design which incorporates each country's news link on the home page (instead of clicking on 'News' and then the drop-down menu). Maybe have each country as a sub-title below the current main sections. Having a one-stop shop for all PB League News would be huge I feel and this is something that would really add value and make myself, and other I suspect, return back to your site on a daily basis.

Great overall design though and I wish you all the best with your new site.

• This looks great - I've wondered myself the actual effects the difference in media will have and it's good to have something early doors to look at. This also provides an easy access to some of the main media in the top five leagues so nice one. The news section is also not as glaring as I thought it may be and I would definitely leave the pictures in.

• @Metropolis

Great idea mate.

I'm always on the foreign websites (no, no, not those ones!? 🤣💃) ...

Anything that saves me time, I'm all for!! 👍👍

• @Trading-Bear said in Preparing for Foreign Media. This may be useful? Suggestions Needed Please:

First up Metropolis, I think you have done a great job (especially considering it's your first website). It's clean, easy to navigate, and most importantly contains good information.

In terms of answering the most important question 'Why should people visit my site?' I think you've potentially filled a gap in the market with your 'News' tab, and would focus on this.

I would like to see a design which incorporates each country's news link on the home page (instead of clicking on 'News' and then the drop-down menu). Maybe have each country as a sub-title below the current main sections. Having a one-stop shop for all PB League News would be huge I feel and this is something that would really add value and make myself, and other I suspect, return back to your site on a daily basis.

Great overall design though and I wish you all the best with your new site.

Thanks so much Trading Bear! Bug fan of your podcast as well!

Funnily enough, I did have it setup that way with a subsection for each country. Page load speed became unbearable though, but possibly dropping images would help with that? I'll do some tests on this but thanks for the suggestions. I think you're right that having it all in one place is a good option.

• @CTFi642 Thanks mate. Yeah it all depends on the sources.

Something to take away. There are very few (at least that I could find) European news outlets written in English which are updated regularly. Found a good Italian one, but hadn't been updated since April!! Marca is by far the best, so just my hunch, but if FI do introduce foreign media, I would say this is likely due to the quality of the feeds and how regular they update.

• @johnboywalker lol rest assured, there's a feed for everything these days!

• @Metropolis I think I've only ever used non-English outlets when searching for specific player news. Bild (German) and abola (Portgual) have been the two I've used in the past. Be interesting to see how Fi work around the language barrier or if they simply just leave certain ones out.

• @Advinculas-Index Thanks mate.

• Pretty good list of journo’s and sources.
    Most I agree with but some not on the whole fairly accurate.

Tier 1 (Highest Quality Sources)
    Simon Stone (BBC) / Sport1 (Germany) / Henry Winter (The Times Chief of Football) / Mohamed Bouhafsi(France) / Fabrizio Romano (Guardian) / Paul Joyce (The Times/Liverpool/Everton) / David Ornstein(BBC/Arsenal) / Craig Norwood (Club Photographer) / Kristof Terreur (The Guardian) / Gianluca Di Marzio (Sky Italia/Independant Journalist) / Simon Peach (Press Association)
    Tier 2 (Proven to have current sources)
    Bild (Germany/Bavaria) / Der Westen (Germany/Schalke/Gladbach/Dortmund) / Kicker (Germany) / De Telegraaf(Netherlands) / COPE (Spain) / Raphael Honigstein (Germany Freelancer/Guardian German News) / Voetbal International (Netherlands) / Matt Law (Telegraph/Chelsea) / Andy Burton (Sky Sports) / Caderna SER (Spain) / O Jogo (Portugal) / James Cooper (Sky Sports) / /u/xisimon (One of us) / RMC Sport (France)/ Andy Mitten (Transfer News) /
    Tier 3 (Average reliability, or former Tier 2)
    Canal+/Pierre Menes (France) / Jamie Jackson (Guardian) / Ian Ladyman (Daily Mail) / Stu Bates (Mirror) / The Telegraph / The Guardian / The Times / Mark Ogden (ESPN) / Daniel Taylor (Guardian) / Correio de Manha(Portugal) / Ruhr Nachrichten (Germany) / Le Parisien (France) / Ian Herbert (Independent) / Jason Burt(Telegraph) / Record (Portugal) / A Bola (Portugal) / Richard Keys (beIN Sports) / Jim White (Everton only) / L'Equipe (France) / Duncan Castles (Record/Times) / Paul Hirst (The Times) / James Ducker (the Telegraph) / Rob Dawson (ESPN)/ Miguel Delaney (Transfer News Only) Samuel Luckhurst (M.E.N
    Tier 4 (Indirect sources, low reliability)
    BildSport (Germany) / Tuttomercatoweb (Italy) / Sport (Spain) / Goal.com / Guillem Balague (Sky Sports/Freelance) / Stuart Mathieson (MEN) / The Independent / Mundo Deportivo (Spain) / Marca (Spain/Real Madrid) / AS (Spain/Real Madrid) / Talksport (UK & Ireland) / Sky Sports / Kaveh Solhekol (Sky Sports) / Stephen Howson (FullTimeDevils) / Paris/Euro United (France/PSG) / Simon Mullock (Mirror) / London Evening Standard/ Daily Mail / The Mirror / John Cross (The Mirror)
    Tier 5 (Aggregators, Known Shitposters and Banned sources)
    Peter O'Rouke (Freelance) / Tancredi Palmieri (Freelance/Bullshit merchant) / Metro (banned - utter shit) / Express (banned - redditwide ban due to vote manipulation) / The Sun (Banned - for being the Sun) / Diario Gol(Spain) / Daily Star (Go there for tits, not news) / CaughtOffside (Aggregates, but poses the news as its own) / Don Balon (Spain)/ Squawka (Vote Manipulation) / Sport/LAD Bible (Clickbait merchants/Content thieves) / Joe.co.uk (Shit memes and even worse transfer content) / 90min.com / / ESPN (except for articles by Delaney, Mitten, Dawson and Ogden) / Manchester Evening New / Here is the City (Aggregator) / Bleacher Report (Aggregator) / 90 min.com (Aggregator)/ All Other Aggregators / Football365 (Transfer News) / SportsMole (Shit soure)

• @Tom77 Fantastic. Thanks mate.

• @Tom77 just a few names then mate! 😂 amazing information. I know muller is a darling in germany, i read bulinews.com alot, they always been pretty good

• This is a really good, niche idea. Personally, not being a man of Twitter, I use Marca, Football Italia, Football Espana and newsnow ligue 1.... If there was an FI related site that can put these type of feeds in one place, then I'll be all over it!

• @Finlay77 I'll definitely look to add the journalists. Bulinews is great. Love the name as well!

• @Baydog said in Preparing for Foreign Media. This may be useful? Suggestions Needed Please:

This is a really good, niche idea. Personally, not being a man of Twitter, I use Marca, Football Italia, Football Espana and newsnow ligue 1.... If there was an FI related site that can put these type of feeds in one place, then I'll be all over it!

Thanks mate. Marca and Football Italia included (latter doesn't seem to feed images though).

Football Espana is a good shout and i'll add that. Thanks!

I've added Ligue 1 official site and 'getfootballnewsfrance.com'. Ligue 1 is already talking about pre-season friendlies!

• @Metropolis bulinews i really enjoy. I follow gladbach in Germany via this and i like roma too as i love the city, its just a blog but chiesa di totti is a blog about a.s roma that i read alot also. all Roma fans and the guy who runs it very knowledgeable about them, its worth a look mate

• @Finlay77 Thanks. Nice idea. A page for club specific media.

• @Metropolis

The ligue 1 option was always the one I struggled with.. Newsnow is a last resort option essentially!

• @Tom77 @Metropolis Will you two be passing on this excellent info to CS, to help them improve the MB Monitor?