Matic 40p?! and Gomez £1.97

• Matic (one of Jose's fave players) plays holding mid and is having a better second half season and MUFC has just given him another year.

He is at 40p

You have Angel Gomez who has hardly played, not broken through like Elliot and Lampard has said is not going to chelsea - and he is at £1.97

Surely that's a price mis-match?! Matic has to be too low??!!

Gomez has rejected MUFC so he will need to sign for someone soon

• @NewUser626225 you make a good point but need to think about age aswel. Matic is getting towards the end of his career and Gomes is starting and has the unknown quantity.

• Yield for Matic?

In these days of the house not buying back bets then it probably needs to be in the region of 50 percent or as a minimum 35 percent to justify his price as an approaching 32 year old defensive mid.

• 3p of divs in the last 2 years and a 50% spread. There are much more fun ways to lose your money than buying shares in Matic at 41p.

• Hype > everything.

• @London-Is-Blue

Yeah i see : - |

Denzel Dumfries instead then

• @MikeWagner

he's been out of favour and is a defensive mid which explains the poor dvis but seems to have come back into the fold so you never know

there are a few squad players on here who are quite exciting youth teamers but getting in a squad is another thing altogether ... ask domonic solanke

this is probably me being a rookie and showing it but i really dont get the disparity there (40p o £1.97)

• @NewUser626225 said in Matic 40p?! and Gomez £1.97:

@MikeWagner

he's been out of favour and is a defensive mid which explains the poor dvis but seems to have come back into the fold so you never know

there are a few squad players on here who are quite exciting youth teamers but getting in a squad is another thing altogether ... ask domonic solanke

this is probably me being a rookie and showing it but i really dont get the disparity there (40p o £1.97)

The simple answer is a player’s value is based on their potential to win dividends. People are betting that in the next say 12-15 years Angel Gomes will return £1.97 or more in dividends, which isn’t that much for a number 10 of you think about it, about 13p per year average. Especially when you take into account he’s a talented English teenager, which are all the rage apparently.

At 41p Matic would need to win 10p per year for the next 4 years while playing as a CDM and assuming he plays in a PB league for that time. Not very likely.

Having said all that, hype seems to be much more important to traders than any measurable intrinsic value. That bit I can’t explain😂