Snakes 🐍

• Theres a lot of them around on the planet - but did the serpent originally have legs? πŸ€”

From Genesis 3.13-15

"Because you have done this, you are cursed more than all cattle, and more than every beast of the field; on your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life."

So did he originally have legs people?

Discuss. πŸ‘

• @Ericali said in Snakes 🐍:

Theres a lot of them around on the planet - but did the serpent originally have legs? πŸ€”

From Genesis 3.13-15

"Because you have done this, you are cursed more than all cattle, and more than every beast of the field; on your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life."

So did he originally have legs people?

Discuss. πŸ‘

It wasn't a snake God was talking to, but a wicked angel (demon), the Devil. Snake, serpent should be translated "Shining One", or light bearer. In Latin, light bearer is "Lucifer".
    Shining One is correctly translated in Isaiah 14:12 (NET, New English Translation):

"Look how you have fallen from the sky, O shining one, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the ground, O conqueror of the nations!"

So, in answer to your question, no, the snake didn't have legs previously because he wasn't a snake!

• @Londoner but do you believe he walked upright?

In Hebrew it suggested it's a deceptive trickster or a "tannin" which is described as a "dragon monster"

We could go deep down this rabbit hole here πŸ˜‚

This could get all very David Icke very quickly

on your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life."

I think before God zapped him he had legs as the quote above would suggest. Can't remember what they taught me about it when I was forced to go to Sunday School.

@Londoner but do you believe he walked upright?

In Hebrew it suggested it's a deceptive trickster or a "tannin" which is described as a "dragon monster"

No. I don't believe it walked upright. I used to think it used to have legs when I was a kid but I don't believe it was a snake anymore.

• @Londoner said in Snakes 🐍:

@Ericali said in Snakes 🐍:

No. I don't believe it walked upright. I used to think it used to have legs when I was a kid but I don't believe it was a snake anymore.

Fair enough, no room for wiggle room in your opinion as a dragon or serpent man? πŸ€”

@Londoner said in Snakes 🐍:

Fair enough, no room for wiggle room in your opinion as a dragon or serpent man? πŸ€”

No. You mentioned Hebrew, and I've looked at some of the Hebrew dictionaries used to translate into English, and it should be Shining One. In Revelation chapter 12, the Devil is symbolically described as a dragon. So no, no dragon-man for me!

• Snakes used to have legs. Now they have evolved, but the gene to grow limbs still exists. Funny you mention the sega genesis, the gene is actually called the sonic hedgehog gene.

• I was always under the impression they had legs & was punished to "eat dirt for the rest of there days"

But I think @Londoner is of the conclusion it's a fallen angel.

Didn't the serpent/snake/dragon/angel walk through the garden with Eve to the tree of knowledge.

"Walk" being the point that seals it for me

David Icke

Bizarrely he used to play in goal for Hereford United

• Incidentally, anyone else think the "tree of knowledge" was actually a wooden box (made from a tree) which contained the forbidden fruit (food of the gods) which made them immortal? πŸ€”

Once they took it Adam & Eve & their descendants all lived for 1,000s of years according to the book 😐

This is getting deep for a conversation about a walking snake 🐍

• @Ericali Terence McKenna proposed that the forbidden fruit was a reference to psychotropic plants and fungi, specifically psilocybin mushrooms, which he theorized played a central role in the evolution of the human brain. Fits in with the 1000 year thing too, plenty of anecdotal evidence of people hallucinating entire lifetimes in a matter of minutes.

• @Jimbob I prefer my explanation πŸ€£πŸ‘

Incidentally, anyone else think the "tree of knowledge" was actually a wooden box (made from a tree) which contained the forbidden fruit (food of the gods) which made them immortal? πŸ€”

Once they took it Adam & Eve & their descendants all lived for 1,000s of years according to the book 😐

It was a literal tree with fruit. It represented God's right to decide right from wrong. Adam lived for 930 years (Gen 5:5).

Incidentally, anyone else think the "tree of knowledge" was actually a wooden box (made from a tree) which contained the forbidden fruit (food of the gods) which made them immortal? πŸ€”

It was a literal tree with fruit. It represented God's right to decide right from wrong. Adam lived for 930 years (Gen 5:5).

I'm not so sure.

It doesn't specify what "fruit" they actually ate either. So why is it a "tree" & why is it "fruit"

He also told them if they ate from the tree they would die. They did & they didn't (die) 🀷

I'm not so sure.

It doesn't specify what "fruit" they actually ate either. So why is it a "tree" & why is it "fruit"

He also told them if they ate from the tree they would die. They did & they didn't.

The bible says it was a tree. Gen 3:6 NET -

"When the woman saw that the tree produced fruit that was good for food, was attractive to the eye, and was desirable for making one wise, she took some of its fruit and ate it. She also gave some of it to her husband who was with her, and he ate it".

Adam & Eve started dying as soon as they ate the fruit. A day to God is equal to 1000 years. Adam & Eve died within 1000 years. 2 Peter 3:6 (NET) -

"Now, dear friends, do not let this one thing escape your notice, that a single day is like a thousand years with the Lord and a thousand years are like a single day".

I'm not so sure.

He also told them if they ate from the tree they would die. They did & they didn't.

The bible says it was a tree. Gen 3:6 NET -

"When the woman saw that the tree produced fruit that was good for food, was attractive to the eye, and was desirable for making one wise, she took some of its fruit and ate it. She also gave some of it to her husband who was with her, and he ate it".

Adam & Eve started dying as soon as they ate the fruit. A day to God is equal to 1000 years. Adam & Eve died within 1000 years. 2 Peter 3:6 (NET) -

"Now, dear friends, do not let this one thing escape your notice, that a single day is like a thousand years with the Lord and a thousand years are like a single day".

The Bible says its a tree, but isn't a wooden box/cabinet etc made from a tree?

Who says it's literally a tree? πŸ€”

They were "awakened" when they ate from the tree, and God stated "man" has become one of "us" & shall live forever.

Noah & many descendants of Adam lived well over a 1,000 years too.

He only "reduced" our lifespan when we started building the tower of Babel

• Not sure what it says in one of the biggest fictional books ever but a snake with legs is surely a lizard/gecko/newt of some sort.. no....??πŸ€”

• @Dan-w said in Snakes 🐍:

Not sure what it says in one of the biggest fictional books ever but a snake with legs is surely a lizard/gecko/newt of some sort.. no....??πŸ€”

Possibly πŸ‘

Do these snakes still walk among us? πŸ€”

Manipulating mankind & using them as pawns in there master plan? 🀷

• @Ericali quite possibly as I've heard the phrase "lower than a snakes belly" before, so on that assumption, either someone is very very low or.... they may just walk alongside us... perhaps even dresses like thisπŸ•΅