What is your trading target for the next year?

• I have decided to adopt quite a low maintenance approach to my portfolio. I won't have as much time to dedicate to research etc, as I am going to be focused on writing and getting my small holding up and running (chasing chickens instead of money)..

I am more of an investor than a gambler. I was making 15% off my rental property and it was a really unenjoyable 15%. It was a 5 bedroom house share, with 5 tenancies and constant levels of irritation.

Essentially if I am making more than 15% then I am winning. If I can make more than 15% without having to re-grout and re-seal a shower whilst 5 people keep asking me when they can use the shower again, then I am winning.

My target for the coming year is 50% in CA and 15% in divs... I am happy to play the slow and steady game, diverse port, keeping several holds for the next few years and a side pot for opportunities...

I am interested to see what everyone else is aiming for in the next year, and what approach you are going to adopt to get there

• Well I had got to 14% profit within six weeks of joining but four months on and I’m only at 6.2% now. A mixture of Covid, IS being disabled and numerous changes to the platform haven’t helped at all.

I’m hoping once all changes have been implemented and everything settles that I can get up towards 20% in the next 6-8 months.

• I’m currently just over 25k from 10k invested. My target is staying over 25k without having any of my own money in here.

I started the withdrawal of divs a couple of months ago and have about 8.3k left to go. Well achievable.

My plan then is to go high risk. And deal in big numbers in one or two players at a time!

• I’m just 2 months in and 1k invested, I will probably keep steadily investing. Anything above 20% ROI after 1 year I would be happy with. Currently at 8% but spent about a half of my portfolio on the mb/pb big hitters. I’m used to sports betting and now I would prefer to stick £100 on a new player than a single football bet. Funnily I’ve gone from high stakes high risk gambling to quite risk averse on here whilst im still learning about the platform. Would love to find the next new gem as well. The early adopters to this platform had an amazing chance to make some serious money but I’m hopeful that the platform will grow and there is plenty of money still to be made.

• @Baydog said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

I am interested to see what everyone else is aiming for in the next year, and what approach you are going to adopt to get there

From Xmas 2018 to February 2020, I had reached 118% profit and that's whilst withdrawing ⅔ of my stake at various points throughout.

Given that I'm 18 months smarter than when I started, I'd hope to improve on that rate of growth .

I'll do so through buying larger quantities of cheap players, some of which will include what I consider to be PB bargains (Fabinho, Cuadrado, Moutinho), others which will include potential transfer links like Tim K, Mehdi Taremi, Telles, etc.

I'll keep an eye on the lower leagues, pick out the next Tim K and make sure my port is ready for the Euro's by December.

• Difficult to say I guess, looking at this year once we're through the tsunamis and zombie apocalypse...😁
    I've been on 6 months and have invested £1350 over that time, have made £215 in CA and £105 in Divs so just shy of 24% in 6 months...
    I mean I don't for one second believe I'll make 50% a year, because if I compound that with future deposits, in 10 years I'll be paying the mortgage off...🤣🤑

• @Erased-Citizen said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

Well I had got to 14% profit within six weeks of joining but four months on and I’m only at 6.2% now. A mixture of Covid, IS being disabled and numerous changes to the platform haven’t helped at all.

I’m hoping once all changes have been implemented and everything settles that I can get up towards 20% in the next 6-8 months.

I think the last few months have been a bit of a write off across the board for investments.. I am not one to be overly positive, I am a cynic, but I think there is ample opportunity to be making 100% returns next season... I am splitting my pot 50/50 - long holds and opportunities - I reckon I could make way way more on the opportunities, but I also need a set up that doesn't require a constant finger on the pulse

• @Ringers said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

I’m currently just over 25k from 10k invested. My target is staying over 25k without having any of my own money in here.

I started the withdrawal of divs a couple of months ago and have about 8.3k left to go. Well achievable.

My plan then is to go high risk. And deal in big numbers in one or two players at a time!

I'm playing off profit - I'm keeping 50% set aside for larger risky holds - those are the ones that excite me - I'm going half boring half exciting, end up somewhere neutral

• @jimmyb1700 said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

I’m just 2 months in and 1k invested, I will probably keep steadily investing. Anything above 20% ROI after 1 year I would be happy with. Currently at 8% but spent about a half of my portfolio on the mb/pb big hitters. I’m used to sports betting and now I would prefer to stick £100 on a new player than a single football bet. Funnily I’ve gone from high stakes high risk gambling to quite risk averse on here whilst im still learning about the platform. Would love to find the next new gem as well. The early adopters to this platform had an amazing chance to make some serious money but I’m hopeful that the platform will grow and there is plenty of money still to be made.

I guarantee there will be loads of opportunities to find cheap talent.. Right now is actually a very good time, as most people are buying premiums... I am picking up loads of players way below their market price - more than likely these are the players that will make me big % returns, but they require some patience

• @Dan-The-Man said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

@Baydog said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

From Xmas 2018 to February 2020, I had reached 118% profit and that's whilst withdrawing ⅔ of my stake at various points throughout.

Given that I'm 18 months smarter than when I started, I'd hope to improve on that rate of growth .

I'll do so through buying larger quantities of cheap players, some of which will include what I consider to be PB bargains (Fabinho, Cuadrado, Moutinho), others which will include potential transfer links like Tim K, Mehdi Taremi, Telles, etc.

I'll keep an eye on the lower leagues, pick out the next Tim K and make sure my port is ready for the Euro's by December.

I'm being cautiously optimistic with 65% for the next year... To be honest I expect to make more, and it'll be off the punts

@Erased-Citizen said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

Well I had got to 14% profit within six weeks of joining but four months on and I’m only at 6.2% now. A mixture of Covid, IS being disabled and numerous changes to the platform haven’t helped at all.

I think the last few months have been a bit of a write off across the board for investments.. I am not one to be overly positive, I am a cynic, but I think there is ample opportunity to be making 100% returns next season... I am splitting my pot 50/50 - long holds and opportunities - I reckon I could make way way more on the opportunities, but I also need a set up that doesn't require a constant finger on the pulse

I’m gonna have a port of 25 which will consist of 7 of the big PB/MB holds (Neymar, Pogba, Bruno, Etc). 15 med/long term cap apps and talent (Aouchiche, Jesus, Goretzka, Kulusevski, etc) and 3 slots which will be used to flip various players to make gains on short term opportunities.

That’s the plan anyway but I do keep talking myself in and out of players in those slots.

• @Marksandygill said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

Difficult to say I guess, looking at this year once we're through the tsunamis and zombie apocalypse...😁
    I've been on 6 months and have invested £1350 over that time, have made £215 in CA and £105 in Divs so just shy of 24% in 6 months...
    I mean I don't for one second believe I'll make 50% a year, because if I compound that with future deposits, in 10 years I'll be paying the mortgage off...🤣🤑

That's the dream! I sold my rental property to release the £100k to put in FI. I doubled it on here in 6 months and have withdrawn it, I have now bought land and looking to create a small holding to live mortgage free for £100k... It all started with half a bit coin purchased for £96 that became £5k, and an advert on Arseblog for a football stockmarket. Talk about compounding!

I'm being cautiously optimistic with 65% for the next year... To be honest I expect to make more, and it'll be off the punts

Hey, 65% is still one helluva goal my man. I'd be over the moon with that given how COVID screwed up the last few months.

• I was sat very comfortably having bought the big time Charlie's 2 years ago when I joined and quickly doubled the original 20k and then took my 20k back roughly 6 months ago so just playing with profit. The portfolio was back to 35k yesterday and the plan was to take another 20k out when it reached 40k.

However I just see far too much opportunity to buy players so cheaply via ME that I believe by October will be substantially higher due to the dividend increase and growth of the platform that I dumped a significant amount in last night in addition to selling 50 shares each across my big hitters to enable me to buy masses of shares in the 40p to £2 players. I think we have a very narrow window of opportunity as I think once the new dividend table is announced the ability to buy on the cheap my disappear.

I am hoping to add 50% between now and November 1st minimum, however I will have to adopt a more active approach and spend several hours on the platform but expect to make in excess of £50,000 over this period of time.

• I started off nearly 2 years ago 21July will be my anniversary
    at the end of year one i was just shy of 100% with a profit of £21k

There have been a couple of times in the last year where i have slowly taken my cash out and just been in a position where im trading purely with profits, i was in fact in this position as little as 2 weeks ago with a £41k port
    2 weeks ago when the platform was seemingly on its arse i took the plunge and pumped £10k back in after seeing similar scenarios play before in the time ive been on(and regretting not piling in on a dip) , and then did the same after last weeks announcement so now i have a port of £62.5k (£20k invested).

My first milestone had always been to get to £50k profit and then slowly take out my investment cash to once again be in a position where im just playing with profit, however, whilst i dont intend to put anymore in, im quite relaxed about leaving the £20k invested in and making the overall cash work for me and try and reach £100k by the end of year 3 and then look to withdraw dividends to slowly get me back to a port made up of pure profit.

In these last 2 or 3 weeks i have focused on moving my port primarily into the top end and its broken down roughly as
    Top 10 players £22k
    11-20 £9k
    21-50 £8k
    51-100 £11k
    101-200 - £5k
    Greater than 200 - £7.5k

• 50% profit would be nice for me.

• @Fletch said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

I think we have a very narrow window of opportunity

The other thing on the window of opportunity - the Matching Engine is a new thing to everyone, and the more savvy people become in how to use it to their benefit, the more competitive it becomes and the harder to make money (but this is good for the market, as it will mean tight spreads and more people market buying and market selling as ME becomes more competitive)

• @Tom7471 said in What is your trading target for the next year?:

50% profit would be nice for me.

I'm pretty confident that will be achievable.. . I'm back to trading the way that I was on lower end holds, just buying them a bit cheaper and seeing the same outcome as long as the market performs as it did (top end is performing very well, remains to be seen bottom end - I am not particularly fearful as I am buying there a fair bit)

• @Baydog

That is so right, when Betfair first launched there were bargains galore with people either prepared to overpay for bets or people who would lay odds that were far too generous but after a while the horse racing and football odds now just mirror bookmakers with maybe an additional 0.1% of benefit to the punter.

I really do expect it eventually be the same here with very small margins, therefore buying now at bit % drops on the market price and no 2% commission will look like taking a candy from a baby in 12-18 months

• I've had just over a year on here and my biggest mistakes were selling up to quickly while the buzz of FI got me. I had players purchased like Grealish, Martinelli, Odegard, loftus Cheek and Depay all intially under £2, jumped off those players at mediocre rises when the best option would have been just to sit back.

While there's an art to buying there's also an art to not selling and with that in mind I think I can achieve north of 75% in the next year if patient. I'll be focusing mainly on younger players below the £3 mark and snapping up prices via ME until end of July.