Liverpool

• Man City 4-0 Liverpool

"Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana, (we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all!). Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher ... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

• Ahhh no! We won't win the title now 😲

Oh wait

😎

• @Ericali said in Liverpool:

Man City 4-0 Liverpool

"Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana, (we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all!). Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher ... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

πŸ˜‚ Is that quote lifted from Skinner and Baddiel Fantasy Football show in the mid 90s?! I know it's not from that originally, but it's exactly what I think about when I hear "Lord Beaverbrook"

• @Ericali said in Liverpool:

Man City 4-0 Liverpool

Id personally have referenced the likes of Jimmy Corkhill, Barry Grant, Ron Dicko, Max Farnham, Sinbad, Beth Jordash, Tinhead πŸ˜‚

• @Baydog historical comments from a Norwegian commentator when they beat England 2-1 in 1981. πŸ˜‚

"We are best in the world! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants",

• Need 15 points from their last 6 games to break City’s record, β€˜best team there’s ever been’ might not even break the record πŸ˜‰

• Hahaha loving this πŸ˜‚

• @Baydog Yep, they did play that quote on one episode of that show, I'm sure I remember it.
    They don't make programs like that anymore, what a time to be alive!

• @TotalPunt said in Liverpool:

@Baydog Yep, they did play that quote on one episode of that show, I'm sure I remember it.
    They don't make programs like that anymore, what a time to be alive!

I can totally picture it "Lord Beaverbrook, Maggie Thatcher, your boys took one hell of a beating".. I was talking about that show to someone the other day - what a programme, why don't they have something like that any more?!

We were trying to remember what year it was made, and I can remember the world cup song in 94 that they did when England didn't qualify "we're not going to the USA, we didn't want to go there anyway"

I think that show single handedly ruined the career of former Forest favourite Jason Lee πŸ˜‚

• @Baydog said in Liverpool:

I think that show single handedly ruined the career of former Forest favourite Jason Lee πŸ˜‚

Food for thought in getting through life right there. Sometimes you have to laugh along and embrace the insults [the pineapple], or they will bring you down. Even if you can get rid of the source [the pineapple], it was once there and may not be forgotten. Roll with the punches baby.
    Statto!! Statto!! Statto!!

• Will Klopp now turn into Pep? Both great managers & motivators but one can be trusted to put out the team we could all name (& provides a FF trusted ally) the other has earned the name "roulette" for constant rotation & substituting any player that's in danger of winning PB!!

I thought Klopp would go all out for the EPL points record, so could be trusted to name a fairly consistent team but after that humbling they looked tired, off the pace & desperately needing refreshing. My main FI holds are long term TAA, VVD, Gomez, Wyn, Salah etc so not really affected either way but my current FF defence might be decimated, so what's the consensus view?

• No shame in getting a spanking from Manchester City - they are the best team in the league when they want to be.

• @Geronimo159387 said in Liverpool:

Will Klopp now turn into Pep? Both great managers & motivators but one can be trusted to put out the team we could all name (& provides a FF trusted ally) the other has earned the name "roulette" for constant rotation & substituting any player that's in danger of winning PB!!

I thought Klopp would go all out for the EPL points record, so could be trusted to name a fairly consistent team but after that humbling they looked tired, off the pace & desperately needing refreshing. My main FI holds are long term TAA, VVD, Gomez, Wyn, Salah etc so not really affected either way but my current FF defence might be decimated, so what's the consensus view?

Klopp might want to break points records but the players have put their everything into winning the title and can't match his desire. There is literally nothing to play for now, for them. They are mentally exhausted you can see it.
    Play the kids now

• @ScouseSte said in Liverpool:

Play the kids now

Neco Williams looks a good prospect, as cover for TAA, but conceivably could play behind him with TAA more advanced down the right. Other than Milner have you any decent left sided defensive cover for Robbo??

I think Keita, Curtis Jones & Ox will get time in midfield, Origi, Minamino & Elliot up front but none really interest me FI wise (Keita has decent PB on his day but not consistent enough). Doubt Allison or VVD will get rotated much but everyone else is in danger IMO.

• @Geronimo159387

Nah Robbo is our only decent left back really.

But yeah it's a lottery what team gets put out now.

All 5 subs will likely be used every game too so that will hinder PB chances of those who start (particularly defenders who are susceptible to losing any clean sheet points).

I wouldn't be buying any Liverpool players now.
    Although TAA is going to hit £11 on the dividend table announcement 😎

• Thiago πŸ‘€