9 goals, 6 assists, Midfielder To Crystal Palace (22p)

• For those who don't know, Lee Jae-Sung is my longest hold on the Index, I've written about him before on here and I've just doubled down on him.

Background
    I bought into Lee Jae-Sung on my very first day back in 2018, because he'd just been named in FIFA's K-League Team Of The Year, and was moving to Europe to show his stuff.

He moved to Bundesliga 2's Holstein Kiel, breaking their transfer record in the process and his contract is up next summer, which mean they either sell him this summer or he goes for free next summer. Clubs in Bundesliga 2, don't let 27 year old record breakers leave for free... so my bet is, he's going this summer.

League Performances

9 goals, 6 assists in 31 games with a WhoScored average rating of 7.25

0_1593729103116_Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 23.30.50.png

For perspective, here's how 'whoscored' rank him against players in a similar position, who have played more 20 games. (he's the 7th highest rated)

0_1593729656786_Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 23.39.54.png

And here's his last 10 matches.

0_1593730825447_Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 23.59.26.png

Who's Interested
    A number of teams have been tracking Lee over the years including Everton, Watford but more recently, news broke that Crystal Palace were interested in bringing Lee Jae-Sung to the Premiership. Like all transfer rumours, it could be complete rubbish... but I'm not surprised by the link, hence me holding him all of this time.

Source 1: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/06/24/report-crystal-palace-want-international-midfielder-with-10-goals-eight-assists/

Source 2: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/06/23/crystal-palace-keen-on-german-second-tier-star-face-competition/460344/

My thoughts
    I've been saying he leaves this summer for 18 months... so I'm in. At 22p, I don't know anyone cheaper, with links to a mid-table Premier League club.

• High risk high reward type of trade.
    I like it but My only worry is that I read a work permit may be difficult for palace to sign him, also the links to anderlect don't help things. Hamburg wanted him if they got promoted, so at least that's 1 less interested party.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
    He seems a definite to leave this year though!

• @Dan-w said in 9 goals, 6 assists, Midfielder To Crystal Palace (22p):

High risk high reward type of trade.
    I like it but My only worry is that I read a work permit may be difficult for palace to sign him, also the links to anderlect don't help things. Hamburg wanted him if they got promoted, so at least that's 1 less interested party.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
    He seems a definite to leave this year though!

Yeah, I don't think he'll go to Anderlecht. Looks like he's only interested in the top 4 leagues and there's been enough interest over the years to suggest he's getting a PB move.

Fingers are crossed but for 22p per future, I couldn't resist ha.

0_1593759001751_Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 07.48.16.png

• I canโ€™t see what can go wrong buying an average 2nd division Bundesliga player that has a 60% spread

• @Jamie said in 9 goals, 6 assists, Midfielder To Crystal Palace (22p):

I canโ€™t see what can go wrong buying an average 2nd division Bundesliga player that has a 60% spread

Ha. You're not wrong. He ain't risk free. If he doesn't get a move, he's stuck in a non-PB league at least until Xmas.

When I first bought in to him, he was 28p (pre-share split) which is 9-10p in todays money and during the January transfer window he jumped to 29p, so I could have jumped out for triple my money but I think the move to a PB league will spike interest and at 27, he's entering the good years, 1x PB win under the new dividend scheme will likely pay off most of the bet.

• Would have been a no brainer 4 months ago.
    Things have changed quite drastically at the middle/lower end of the market though.
    You need to know you've got that out trade now and traders are going for safer holds.
    Perhaps Thursdays announcement may sway you one way or the other.