I feel sad.... and dirty

• After over 50 % div returns I finally sold my Messi shares last night. Today I feel sad and dirty.

Already awaiting an opportunity in the coming months to reinvest.

• He's got what, one year left on his contract and then maybe resigns for 1 more year?
    Then of course he will win MB for a month solid...
    It's like a game of Russian roulette...:)

• So upsetting when I got rid of mine 6 months ago. A port with no Messi has no crackle, no fizz, no spark. Sadly the way IS is done now make him even riskier. Before you could at least get a couple of months of dividends when he retired and then IS him to get some of your stake back. Now you risk losing your entire stake, it is too risky.

• I've re-bought. I feel sad when Messi playing and not in my port. He helps with the FI fun factor, and fun is an important part of the FI experience for me. Also he will remain one of the top div returners for at least 2 more years, just need to time the exit right.

• Just buy 1 share for sentiment.

• @RedknappsEyelids Felt exactly the same when I sold a few weeks ago. Match days are not nearly as much fun now. I watch him nervously rather than with excitement.

Doesn't help when he won Gold Day star man the day after I sold 🤦‍♂️

What did you do with the money?

• I had 200 and sold 150. Think I'll keep the other 50 as with a div increase he'll hopefully pay it back comfortably by the WC.

• @Metropolis rebought back my Rashfords for £1 less than I sold them for a week or two ago. Trying a slightly less passive strategy and take a bit more advantage of ME and the subsequent IPD’s..... some of these spreads are mental!

You’re right though.... I’m already dreading every Barca game!!!

• @Dr-Jan-Itor erm... you wouldn't ever have been able to IS a player after they'd retired... before ME they used to just remove IS price on retired players did they not?

• This should be called the “Messi Addicts Anonymous” page. Because coming off Messi is like coming of drugs. Every game he’s in you get excited and expect dividends. It’s literally a buzz.
    I’m proud to say I’ve been Messi sober for about a year now. I won’t say it was always easy, but now I’ve moved on. I’m Valhalla...and i am no longer a Messi crack head. 🤟🏻

• @FI-Hornet-Joe said in I feel sad.... and dirty:

@Dr-Jan-Itor erm... you wouldn't ever have been able to IS a player after they'd retired... before ME they used to just remove IS price on retired players did they not?

Technically true. But I don't think they would have had the guts to remove IS and 'remove' him the Index after his last game. He would top MB most days for the next couple of months, how furious would Messi holders be if they didn't get their divs. That's just my opinion that they wouldn't have. Maybe they would but it would be a ballsy move

• @Valhalla said in I feel sad.... and dirty:

This should be called the “Messi Addicts Anonymous” page. Because coming off Messi is like coming of drugs. Every game he’s in you get excited and expect dividends. It’s literally a buzz.
    I’m proud to say I’ve been Messi sober for about a year now. I won’t say it was always easy, but now I’ve moved on. I’m Valhalla...and i am no longer a Messi crack head. 🤟🏻

Well done! But don't pretend you aren't still a Messi addict. There is a Messi addict who is on Messi, and there is a Messi addict who is not currently on Messi.

I've been on Messi twice. The first time I saw serious red and swore never again. I relapsed a few months later. It's only uncharacteristic willpower that I am still not balls deep in losses, ploughing thousands into a never ending sea of red. I sometimes wish I was

• @Dr-Jan-Itor This is true 😂 on match days, if I have a player winning PB and Barca are playing late, I nervously watch Messi patting it around, building a score and generally prowling the PB chicken coup like a hungry fox 🦊 I feel a mixture loathing and lust “Don’t you dare Messi, fuck off!”

• @RedknappsEyelids you dirty bugger!!

• @RedknappsEyelids Well Rashford is a good buy to be fair. Nice bit to trading too!

I put the money into Joao Felix. The jury is still out on him.

• @Valhalla this. The only player it happens with. Anyone else I've sold I just pass it off as him getting lucky, but Messi is (age aside) the safest bet for dividends.

• @Metropolis thanks. It was never really a plan to be honest but felt I couldn’t turn the opportunity down with longer term in mind.

Felix is on my watchlist. Despite Atletico being an in PB team surely the long term and the sustained increase in other youngsters makes him all the more attractive.

Especially if talk of Atletico financial issues continue. Prem money will no doubt get thrown around 👍🏼

• I'm not saying I'd be worried if I own Messi but Balague usually knows his shit...

Lionel Messi: Why Barcelona captain is becoming increasingly fed up at the Nou Camp - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53279422

• I sold the other week and I've just rebought at a 20p discount from what I sold. Surely a div increase is the absolute best time to buy him