Some questions for the experience guys please

• Having re-adjusted my port a few months back I was and am still pleased with how things have gone - good MB when no football was being played and some good PB's when it started back.

Over this stagnation period I have begun to look at my port again for the future and will be looking at securing players from all the leagues FI covers. At the moment I have limited players in Spain and Italy, a couple in the premiership and a good handful in the Bundesliga. I don't have a single player in the French league. My port is showing red like many I suspect and I am not worried about this because I am confident it will bounce back so my question is can you recommend some French players that I should consider investing in? My plan is to have a minimum hold of 3 players from each league.

One final question ... I know most players are down but I am trying to understand why traders are giving Kai Havertz a wide birth at the moment - young, must be a cert for the German Euro team and sure as eggs are eggs he will get a transfer from Leverkusen to the Premiership or Italy this summer so why is he on peoples sell queue with all those things going for him. He has and will win MB/PB again so must be a good long term hold. Would be interested to know your thoughts. I hold him by the way and will continue to hold him until at least the Euros are done and dusted.

• @Gary-T

Ligue 1 is a rubbish league and the majority of matchdays are dominated by PSG. So to give yourself maximum chance of dividends you should hold one defender, one midfielder and one forward from PSG. I would recommend Marquinhos, Di Maria (till January or so) and Neymar.

I would also recommend a similar tactic with Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid. This will give you a diverse chance of dividends on domestic matchdays, CL nights and internationals qualifiers and tournaments.

Don't hold Havertz so haven't followed price closely. Probably just profit taking after big rises and no MB for a few weeks, also traders wanting to get onto this weeks big obvious risers. Also no games until August EL tournament and maybe big summer transfers at risk due to Covid. Great future and a future transfer but all prices dip at some point. Nothing to worry about if you are genuinely holding long term.

• @Gary-T said in Some questions for the experience guys please:

Having re-adjusted my port a few months back I was and am still pleased with how things have gone - good MB when no football was being played and some good PB's when it started back.

Over this stagnation period I have begun to look at my port again for the future and will be looking at securing players from all the leagues FI covers. At the moment I have limited players in Spain and Italy, a couple in the premiership and a good handful in the Bundesliga. I don't have a single player in the French league. My port is showing red like many I suspect and I am not worried about this because I am confident it will bounce back so my question is can you recommend some French players that I should consider investing in? My plan is to have a minimum hold of 3 players from each league.

One final question ... I know most players are down but I am trying to understand why traders are giving Kai Havertz a wide birth at the moment - young, must be a cert for the German Euro team and sure as eggs are eggs he will get a transfer from Leverkusen to the Premiership or Italy this summer so why is he on peoples sell queue with all those things going for him. He has and will win MB/PB again so must be a good long term hold. Would be interested to know your thoughts. I hold him by the way and will continue to hold him until at least the Euros are done and dusted.

This is the problem with changing your port to suit the weather. By changing fully to MB, you likely took a big hit at the time and although you probably made decent coin when MB was the only show in town, was it worth the cost?

If you are truly playing the game with PB in mind, then a balanced portfolio across all PB eligible leagues is the way forward. But don't be in too much of a hurry to rid yourself of the MB lads, maybe just lessen your reliance on them.

Using tonight as an example, only 1 fixture and it's La Liga. This happens several times throughout the course of the season, across all the leagues.

In relation to Frenchies, you could do alot worse than to have a read of the articles produced by @FIGenesis, who appears to have his finger on the Ligue 1 pulse!👍

As for Havertz ... there are a lot of unanswered questions. Will he really move this summer? Who can afford him? Won't he just eventually end up at Bayern Munich like all the other German wonderkids?

Although he's top dog at Leverkusen, won't he just fade into the background at a bigger club when surrounded by player with similar levels of ability.

There are several players on the index that I feel are overpriced, and Havertz is on the verge of becoming one of them due to the uncertainty over his future.

Here's a question to leave you pondering ... Imagine if Havertz went to Atletico Madrid instead of the EPL, what happens to his price? 😳

• @Martyn-B Thanks Martyn - not too worried about Havertz, just curious as to why traders are staying away and your explanation makes sense. Also cheers for the French League tips as to be honest I know little or nothing about the league or players. The only French ones I know play in the Premiership.

• @johnboywalker All good points Johnboy. Guess I am looking at him and relying on his age as the reason for holding him long term but the question you asked me to ponder ........ let me think on that one .......... right if he goes to Spain I will probably need to think of reinvesting the money I spent on him.

• @johnboywalker said in Some questions for the experience guys please:

This is the problem with changing your port to suit the weather.

I tend to disagree with this statement, there is a lot to be said for buying players based on weather conditions giving them an edge.

Peter Crouch (I hold before anyone accuses me of pumping)
    his height is well documented, what is not known however is that because of his height he is often privy to advance weather warnings for example when it starts snowing or raining, he is often the first to feel the droplets falling out of the sky and is able to readjust his playing strategy (even changing his boots) whilst the rest of the players on the pitch are blissfully unaware of the oncoming storm.

I often trade in and out of Jack Harrison AKA (Ears) (much like every one else trades in and out of Jamie Vardy) based on the forecast of wind speeds that are likely to be prevailing at his next match. Calm,slight breeze - wont touch him with a barge pole. High winds however are when he comes into his own.

• Neymar and Abdou Diallo both look cheap to me

• @Willhurr @Martyn-B Neymar 9.06 when there is no pigs bladder kicking in France I don't see as cheap!! He would have been an ideal investment if we had the 5 media places still but right now with matches every night and only 3p in media I will steer clear of him - a bit rich for my blood. Like Diallo and the other centre half Marquinhos who Martyn B recommended.

• @Gary-T I sold Neymar last weekend but still a good investment. I don't think you ever requested budget options.

If you want a cheaper forward in France how about Maxwel Cornet at Lyon? A PB contender when PSG aren't playing plus CL. £1.06 but I was topping up this week at 86p and 87p through ME.

• @Martyn-B Your right I didn't but thought £9 plus a bit rich at the moment - maybe in the future but also suspect a move to Spain might be in the offering so a good choice for another forward is an ideal option. Thanks.

• @Advinculas-Index said in Some questions for the experience guys please:

@johnboywalker said in Some questions for the experience guys please:

This is the problem with changing your port to suit the weather.

I tend to disagree with this statement, there is a lot to be said for buying players based on weather conditions giving them an edge.

Peter Crouch (I hold before anyone accuses me of pumping)
    his height is well documented, what is not known however is that because of his height he is often privy to advance weather warnings for example when it starts snowing or raining, he is often the first to feel the droplets falling out of the sky and is able to readjust his playing strategy (even changing his boots) whilst the rest of the players on the pitch are blissfully unaware of the oncoming storm.

I often trade in and out of Jack Harrison AKA (Ears) (much like every one else trades in and out of Jamie Vardy) based on the forecast of wind speeds that are likely to be prevailing at his next match. Calm,slight breeze - wont touch him with a barge pole. High winds however are when he comes into his own.

Lol

very naughty

• @Kipper72

Id proceed with caution with Jack tommorow and not expect too much

0_1593809764011_upload-f8a54aa0-4097-4e44-b5a1-58b8875a1e0d

• @Advinculas-Index Not too much wind so should be ok

• @Advinculas-Index Crouchy will be ok though...

• @Martin-M said in Some questions for the experience guys please:

@Advinculas-Index Crouchy will be ok though...

I think someone is trying to flog some Jobi Mikel shares in another thread maybe i should try and arrange a trade.

• @Advinculas-Index Obi Mikel has had a 1p rise over the last 7 days, so think you could be onto a winner?

• @Gary-T You asked for players who play in the French league that win PB/MB, Neymar is your man. I think he's cheap relative to the other top PB scoring players and with a divs announcement approaching he may be worth a lot more than £9 by xmas.