Failed January Transfers Set For Reload This Summer

• Not sure on the exact numbers but I reckon it happens a fair amount where a club have tried to sign a player in January, failed but then manage to seal the deal the following summer.
    In this regard can anyone remember any failed transfers from Jan that might get reloaded this summer?
    Obviously there are the high profile ones like Mahrez and Lemar but can anyone think of any others?

• This post is deleted!

• Off the top of my head I would add Elyounoussi and Pavard at the lower end, Zivkovic and Dzeko in the £1+ end and second Mahrez. Any higher than that and I'd be looking at the MB level to return divs and opportunities to buy low sell high. Pogba, Bale and Hazard all offer the above with them in the order of my preference. When Pogba buzz dies down he'll fall back towards £6, before rising again when it picks back up. Time it well and you can make a 10% capital gain whilst returning 0.83% in divs for each single MB win, 1.33% for each treble MB win. Going to the top tier Salah, Ronaldo and Neymar all had transfer buzz in January but all are less likely to move imo.

• Wolves were reported to have bid 30m Euros for Andre Silva from AC Milan in January, now that we have secured promotion I can see us going back in for him (Arsenal also rumoured), he's out of favour at Milan, Jorge Mendes is also his agent so I can see this one picking up steam

The fact that he also has a decent goal scoring record for Portugal is an added bonus for me

• @Wolves_Ay_We said in Failed January Transfers Set For Reload This Summer:

Wolves were reported to have bid 30m Euros for Andre Silva from AC Milan in January, now that we have secured promotion I can see us going back in for him (Arsenal also rumoured), he's out of favour at Milan, Jorge Mendes is also his agent so I can see this one picking up steam

The fact that he also has a decent goal scoring record for Portugal is an added bonus for me

I can see this happening and I predict wolves to do well and keep Neves too and further investment club owners are worth a mint!!! Summer investment and outside chance of Europe qualification when I say that people think I’ve gone mad.... not a wolves fan so a fair opinion

• I agree, I think we will surprise a few teams this season, to me Europe may be a reach but I think we should certainly be challenging to be in the top half

I think Neves will give us a season and then if he continues to perform as he has been this season, I think there will be a lot of clubs after him and I think we will struggle to keep hold of him

I expect us to invest heavily in the summer and with the Mendes links, this could mean we get some very high quality players cheaper than we probably should

Incidentally, there's a Portuguese fella named Ronaldo who's on Mendes' books, I reckon he might do a job for us....

• How long have Wolves been ploughing the money in now anyway? After 5 years the FFP will kick in so they'll need to balance those buys with their revenue.

• @John-Renwick I think we were 5th in terms of spending this season in the championship, we haven't actually spent that much (relatively speaking), the issue other teams seem to have with us is that we are able to get high quality players at low prices due to our Mendes links,

I think with the premier league money coming in next season we should be able to invest quite heavily without fear of the FFP repurcussions

• Don't think FFP is taken that serious tbh and I agree... Wolves haven't done anything different to anyone else in the past this year... They just gambled hugely and in the end it came off so hats off to the owners for getting it right.

As for surprising a few people next season.... I don't think it will be a surprise if Wolves finish seventh or eighth in the EPL considering the distance they have won this league and the way they have done it? Take Newcastle for example and those that came up last season? People say the EPL from the top six below is very average.... But I would argue that it is very competitive with not much between the bottom 14 of the top flight and say the top 8 of the Championship... So any of those teams for me (even now) could finish top ten of the EPL next season?

There's an argument for questioning that Wolves might already be one of the ten best teams in England on this years form???

• Wolves are in a area where there is no premier league interest EPL big clubwise stoke and WBA in that area not surviving they have famous stadium and history and bigger than clubs who have overachieved like Burnley who’s on Arsenal’s tail... be nice to see a new name in top half for sure... if mendis brings in ronaldo I maybe able to afford a media player has it still be a slight downgrade from RM and the market may react PMSL

• @John-Renwick said in Failed January Transfers Set For Reload This Summer:

How long have Wolves been ploughing the money in now anyway? After 5 years the FFP will kick in so they'll need to balance those buys with their revenue.

Someone wolves linked I forget who it was said they would have failed the FFP rules this season if had not got promoted

• Several clubs linked to Bernard going back to Nov-Jan, however his price has dropped 20p in past 24hrs, I can't see why though? Anyone know anything? I've bought because I can't see any logic behind his drop.

Otherwise agree with those mentioned above, Mahrez will surely go this time.

• @AT10
    Reports saying he is signing for Besiktas

• @Comrade D'oh, it came up once I searched his name and Besiktas (after scrolling through pages in Turkish) where's the forum page on biting the bullet again...

• Don't worry mate.
    It's easy to miss news stories and sometimes its easier to ask on here rather than spend ages looking for info

• @Wolves_Ay_We good one of my first purchases hope wolves do get him only got 10 but his slowly going up

• Didn't realise I just assumed wolves had spent a fortune. Fair play to them if they haven't spent more than others. Was just a thought as it may have meant they'd have to balance the books with sales. Ah well... I'll get back to you guys in 3-4 years then lol

• @AT10 said in Failed January Transfers Set For Reload This Summer:

@Comrade D'oh, it came up once I searched his name and Besiktas (after scrolling through pages in Turkish) where's the forum page on biting the bullet again...

The reports are saying that he’s off to Basiktas for between 35/40,000,000 euros a year which is around £60,000 a week points

1.... Shackter having beat Man City in group stages and only went out to Roma in last 16 on goal difference proved against basiktas loss v Munich and selling Cenk Tosun that they have no ambision Roma and city went further one beating Barc both City and Roma matches barnard got MOTM...
    2... if reports are correct he’s taking a paycut to join the Istanbul black 🦅 eagles has at shakter he’s on 45,000,000 million euros a year
    3... at 40,000,000 he would be one of the Istanbul clubs top earners
    4.... his agent has Qouted that there is interest from Milan spurs Chelsea arsenal and Liverpool
    5... he’s a free agent in June so now nothing is happening
    6... outside chance of World Cup place based on he’s Brazil’s most inform winger however the 7 goal defeat against Germany last World Cup still sits in the heart of brazians he played without training with the team and became scape goat aparantly
    7.... why would a free agent take a pay cut and go to turkey when agent has come out already and. Says he’s listening to offers from top 5 leagues
    8.. if he was go turkey to a easy league surely China league for money would make more sence?
    9 I hold only 20 of him I’m not pimping I’m mearly pointing out facts
    10. To sell Tosun and buy Bernard is weakening in attack and strengthening at the wing very bizzare
    Make out from this what you will however with the above facts you will most likely come to same conclusion has my basiktas is a strange destination
    11. Spurs do t need another winger however 60k a week and free transfer has levy wrote all over it it be a good one for wolves too
    Sidenote kerkiv (not Kiev)(bad spelling) in Ukraine is a large city full of hot women Istanbul full of hot men...no women due to muslin rules.... if I was a footballer I know where I would go... I’d not be cutting off me @@@@ and taking a paycut for sure!!!!

• @Chicken-Badge - you're out by a factor of 10 there? 60k a week is 3m a year

• @SMacFI I think you're probably right, we gambled this year on getting promotion and luckily it paid off, I suspect had we not, there'd have been a big sell off in the summer