Taking forever to sell?

• Pretty sure people are fed up of these types of posts but here goes anyway,

I've had my shares of Coutinho, Kevin Stoger, Djibril Sow and Marco Asensio up for sale for about 3 weeks now and they STILL haven't sold. Its soooo boring and infuriating. I really don't want to have to IS as the variance is just too much to take a hit on.

What to do?

• Just got to hold out mate, I think alot of people are in the same boat, the ME is great if your looking to buy in but an absolute killer if your trying to sell. I've struggled to sell players as expensive as sancho to players as cheap as 30p. Just got to ride it out

• @NewUser319260 u don’t have a choice but to wait tbh if you don’t want to IS , you will only market sell when players are in demand or if they have a spike like when they score or transfer rumours !
    Every horse has got its day you just need to be patient

• @NewUser319260 ..Try to sell them in smaller amounts..The IS sell price on the screen is nearly always lower than what is on offer..Just keep checking what the offers are each day and see how many you can get rid of, at a cost you are happy with

• Is this going to change when they add updates to the ME? Like you say its all very well for us when we are getting players on the cheap but not having the chance to sell those players is rather boring

• 0_1593899803632_Screenshot_20200704-225623.png

• @NewUser319260 issue is if you are trying to sell why would anyone be willing to by at full price? It frustrating and I've got a few holds where I'm in the same boat and they way I see you either take the hit on IS and make it work for you and recoup the loss or hold tight and hope they come good, I'm doing the later becuase I'm lazy.

• @Dalian-Smyth This sounds promising, so essentially giving us the option so set our own sale price?

• @NewUser319260 said in Taking forever to sell?:

@Dalian-Smyth This sounds promising, so essentially giving us the option so set our own sale price?

Yes, just remember we are in a transition period. Only the buy half of order books has been implemented and the sell half is on it's way which will aid liquidity and tighten spreads.

• I've had some Kroos and a couple of others for sale for ages too, the frustrating bit to me is how much is a player actually worth? What is Kroos' value?????

• @PogbaforMB
    Fuck all at the moment if no one is buying him.

• @PogbaforMB I have no idea with kroos. I had 1000 a while back. Sold 700 at £5 and then sold my remaining 300 at 3.10 thinking it was a good sell. A 30 year old with just pb seems like he can only be worth around £2 for me if that but maybe I'm pricing him up wrong.

• The last time I market sold anyone was 7th June. Had players before that, and players after that haven’t sold. Currently have a dozen in the sell queue waiting patiently to go.

May have to wait till Thursday when hopefully everyone starts getting bought with the dividend announcement.

• This post is deleted!

• We all want to sell at ‘market buy’ price but apart from premium players where spreads are very tight, few of us are buying at market buy price and if there are no buyers you players could be in the queue for months.

The question is should you sell players like Asensio via instant sell and lose maybe 15%? Well maybe. If you think you can pick up a player that is 20% below market with better prospects than Asensio, then you might actually gain on the deal.

If you think Asensio will sell in say 3months for full value, then you have saved yourself from making a 15% loss, but what if you were going to buy say Greenwood and missed out on 30-50% profit?

I’m not recommending selling at Instant Sell prices. If you thought these players were good when you bought them, they maybe keep them, or keep them in the queue and they will sell at some point: usually when they have a bit of a spike. One of the worst things is seeing players in a queue for months and they sell when topping the media or match day rankings denying your some divs.

• @Tom7471 said in Taking forever to sell?:

@PogbaforMB I have no idea with kroos. I had 1000 a while back. Sold 700 at £5 and then sold my remaining 300 at 3.10 thinking it was a good sell. A 30 year old with just pb seems like he can only be worth around £2 for me if that but maybe I'm pricing him up wrong.

I think you’re right. I make him £2 at the current dividend structure, I’d say 40-50p a season for anything between 3-5 years.
    A big dividend increase will give holders who bought at way above his logical value a reprieve. A get out of jail card.