Greenwood is now very risky at £9

• With a media review inbound and Greenwood’s base PB scores average at best, imo he is now very risky and could see a significant drop, if;

United sign any attacking players, brings in rotation to the squad and less games where he plays 90 minutes. Talk they need to sign atleast 3/4 players to be title contenders with Liverpool (who also need depth) City and Chelsea.

Or/and

If FI eliminate the bias to Man Utd Media.

• I don’t really get the average base PB argument; he’s 18 and I’m 90% sure I saw a stat on twitter that he has the 3rd highest average base PB for an U’21 forward behind Mbappe and Musa Barrow so he’s not exactly poor. He’s got the best base PB for any united forward and he’s the youngest. He’s a frightening talent and he’s only going to improve, he’s English so just sit back and enjoy this player 👍🏼 if he played for Dortmund every week I think he’d out score Haaland and he’d be better for PB, he’s scoring quite well for his age in the hardest PB league. I have 0 doubts he’ll be more expensive in 3 years than he is now

• Risky short term not long term.

• @ChazFI123 spot on mate! I cant even be bothered to take that bait. Let's just see where he is in 1-3 years😉😊. Players go up and down it's not ever going to be a straight upward trajectory no matter what player we are talking about.

• @ChazFI123 completely agree over 3 years his price will have increased from now, likewise the majority of players on the index.

In the short term however he is risky.

Nice stat on the under 21’s bit, shame PB is for everyone with age being irrelevant 😅

• @Splurger_Dan to confirm I hold as well, however, for most the index should be about maximising your profits from limited funds. This means buying and selling at the best times. Risky short term but there will be another time where he becomes attractive to buy

• The pb stat doesnT mean shit btw, Ole has cherry picked his games. Another misleading stat.
    Face value though greenwood is brilliant.

• He’s 18 so I wouldn’t be writing off his PB game just yet. Plus he’s only started about 12 games this season and played a handful of 90 minutes.

This time next year there’s every chance he’ll be going to the Euros too. One of the safest holds on the platform.

• @Brad

PB is an old mans game. Messi, Ronaldo, Ilicic, etc.

Look at Ramirez, he's 46p playing at Sampdoria, picked up Star Man PB 3x this season, (twice on gold days) and looks set to take more penalties given that Quagirella is 38 next season but Ramirez is just 45p on the market.... He's made 40p in divs under the current system, if he wins star man 3x next season he'll probably 150% of his price in divs... but nobody is interested in him because he's 29, which for some crazy reason, people class as dead on here.

Young players aren't PB friendly....

0_1593974328190_Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 19.38.11.png

Sure, there's a couple of exceptions like Trent and Werner but look at the list for the season... More mature players, who've learned their trade, are where the PB lives. The youth market is all about hopes and dreams... but Greenwood is English and from Man Utd, so he's an MB dream.

• @Brad Each to their own. Certain players in my port are longterm holds and am happy to hold for the full length unless something changes. Greenwood is one of them for me and I am at 96% return at the moment on my 500 shares.
    It's worth taking into account it will most likely cost you 4% to get back into him, 2% commission on the initial sale and 2% on your buy order when that comes in in August so it's far from a certainty that you can get back in cheaper.
    Good luck with it.

• What a bizarre thread. Can only think you are salty not being on him? (I'm not on him so no bias here)

And how can FI stop a United media bias? That is driven by what the newspapers want to write about. Which is driven by what people want to read? Which is influenced by the clubs the readership support. Man United are the most supported club.

• @CBN said in Greenwood is now very risky at £9:

how can FI stop a United media bias?

By opening the media to international papers... which something stupid like 88% of people voted for in the survey....

0_1593979506421_Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 21.04.28.png

• @Dan-The-Man they are not silly. FI is a UK platform. They may introduce a few other papers but not many. So the United bias might reduce, but it won't be eliminated.

Totally agree that people have been foolish with their votes!

• If anyone has future index-king potential it is Mason Greenwood. Sancho is priced at £14 in the hope that he eventually ends up doing what Greenwood is doing right now.

There are very few young forwards with high PB bases so not really concerned there - I can only think of Werner off the top of my head and he is 6 years older.

There will no doubt be some tweaks to media but can’t see changes being too drastic - I can’t see FI implementing changes that would suddenly cause a collapse in value of 5/6 of the top 10 players.

I see less risk in Greenwood that any other player on here to be honest - plenty more spikes ahead, particularly with the Europa run-in, and plenty of opportunities to release cash.

• @CBN said in Greenwood is now very risky at £9:

@Dan-The-Man they are not silly. FI is a UK platform. They may introduce a few other papers but not many. So the United bias might reduce, but it won't be eliminated.

Totally agree that people have been foolish with their votes!

I didn't mean that people had been silly with the vote.... I voted the other way... but I understand why someone would... I just couldn't remember the exact percentage.

I think you're right though, the bias won't vanish.... Man Utd fans (or people who are interested in Man Utd even if they ""HATE"" Man Utd) makes up the vast majority of traders. Many of us knew who Greenwood was, long before he kicked a ball at professional level but hardly anyone could name the Aston Villa 17 year old wonder boy coming through....

• @Dan-The-Man Louie Barry!

I’d accuse you of a subliminal pump but he still hasn’t been IPO’d - I do hold him on another platform though.

• @Chris-J said in Greenwood is now very risky at £9:

@Dan-The-Man Louie Barry!

I’d accuse you of a subliminal pump but he still hasn’t been IPO’d - I do hold him on another platform though.

I'm just surprised there is one ha but yeah, all the way from Barcelona!

• still flying, seems a bit ridiculous now? is this going to continue all week or slow down/drop with PB announcement?

• Doesn't look risky to me he is flying on the ticker

• I used to think he was a bit risky too. Having watched his last few performances, I think the sky is the limit. Getting lots of media attention and now looks a certainty for England Euros and World Cup squads. Expect him to reach double figures soon.