Riqui Puig

• What's everyone's thoughts on Riqui? Steady rise recently, but given he's already at the £2.40 mark, how high can he realistically go? Given that its uncommon for Barca players (besides Messi) to be over that sort of price range?

• @LewisHoward said in Riqui Puig:

What's everyone's thoughts on Riqui? Steady rise recently, but given he's already at the £2.40 mark, how high can he realistically go? Given that its uncommon for Barca players (besides Messi) to be over that sort of price range?

I IS him last Friday at a profit to swap him for Leon Bailey. Puig is a good young player with great dribbling ability. He's getting more minutes so he has a big future. Barca are in a bit of a mess at the moment so Puig's big rise might not go beyond £3. There's a very good chance Bailey will be coming to the PL and he's said he wants to come. Quite a number of big clubs are interested, so I see him as a better long term hold.

• Don't hold him but he still may have some way to go, especially if foreign media holds up.

Saw him at La Masia last year. Skill like I have never seen, but unlike Messi, his end product is normally lacking. The amount of times I saw him beat 2 or three men then lay off a simple pass to the side was shocking. He can build it into his game but he didn't seem to have much vision or desire to do anything other than take this piss out of most players there.

He can develop though and I can't remember him ever being tackled during that game.

Long and short is he is idolised like he is Messi reborn locally and I think if foreign media/FI opened up to Spain he would rocket, however he's not going to make you many divs short term.