Greenwood and ME

• Don't have any spare cash now after a few ME buys earlier, but was wondering if anyone has tried putting in a bid for Greenwood?

We regularly hear that people sometimes just dump some money in and sit on their portfolios without checking, or exclude themselves for a short period, so just seeing if anyone has been cheeky and tried to get a bargain?

Is it not worth it given how many buys are going through at full price? In the last seven days he is up something like 3.50, so is it possible there's some residual market sells left?

Or am I completely misunderstanding the ME?

• @Moukoko based on my experience its impossible to get anyone on the matching ebgine for less than the sell price. Not sure if that's the rule as such.

• @Moukoko you cant put sell orders in at the moment only buy orders so a seller cant get caught like that at the moment.

• Just put in a bid at the highest price on the ME. I picked up 35 yesterday at 9.08 (highest bid was 9.07).

• @Moukoko any market sells (ie when you list a player rather than Instant Sell a player) go through at market buy price once they reach the front of the sell queue.

• @Stevo said in Greenwood and ME:

@Moukoko based on my experience its impossible to get anyone on the matching ebgine for less than the sell price. Not sure if that's the rule as such.

The IS price is made up of the average price of the top 300 bids. So in this example IS would be £1

100x £1.01
    100x £1.00
    100x £0.99

When sellers accept bids they automatically accept the highest bids, so if they sold only 50 shares they would sell at £1.01. It is, as you say impossible for them to accept bids at say £0.99 instead. But why would they?

Traders can still bid below the IS price hoping the top 300 bids are accepted and then their bids become the highest price.