HAKIMI POSITION CHANGE?!!

• I own hakimi and just seen he has now changed position to a defender (full back). I’m sure he used to be a midfielder. Great for him as he tends to play further forward and gets involved with the attack a lot. Especially after the move to inter where they like to play 3 at the back!!

• It was pasted on the day he signed mate....and a spike in price off the back of it.

• Also notice that his club is Real Madrid, so there’s a chance he gets reverted to a midfielder when he goes to Inter. I have tried to contact CS but as of yet have heard nothing back

• @ChazFI123 said in HAKIMI POSITION CHANGE?!!:

Also notice that his club is Real Madrid, so there’s a chance he gets reverted to a midfielder when he goes to Inter. I have tried to contact CS but as of yet have heard nothing back

It may well be a case of waiting to see what Opta do after the season starts

• @Munchie63 I just want the confirmation, I’m not that bothered about buying him as a midfielder but I think he’s great value as a defender so hoping they’ll get back to me soon! Got caught out by this before so trying to make sure it doesn’t happen again 🤣

• @Hughesy

You tit lol
    Had me worried he had changed back to a mid again

• @ChazFI123

Let us know if they reply 👌

• @Chap said in HAKIMI POSITION CHANGE?!!:

@Hughesy

You tit lol
    Had me worried he had changed back to a mid again

Haha me too!!

@Munchie63 I just want the confirmation, I’m not that bothered about buying him as a midfielder but I think he’s great value as a defender so hoping they’ll get back to me soon! Got caught out by this before so trying to make sure it doesn’t happen again 🤣

Others may know better than me on this, but as far as I'm aware, FI use Opta's stats for positions etc,and I'm not sure if / how often they can / do change those.
    So it looks good now, but perhaps it will change prior to the season starting ?

• @Munchie63 yeah Opta control it, but I’ve contacted FI before when a players position has been changed and they’ve confirmed that it was intentional. My worry is that Hakimi was listed as a defender at Real so that’s the only reason he’s changed, rather than they intend to keep him as a defender at Inter

• Finally had a response...they have said that they cannot commit to what position he will be in the future, so I won't be investing until his club is updated to Inter and if he stays as a defender

• When FI had the podcast with opta they said generally players positions should be what the club has them listed them as.
    Sometimes they get changed when internationals are on and go by the countries positioning - then it gets changed back .....

• His price now is about fair for a midfielder who scores or assists quite often. Only young too of course.

If he is still a defender at the start of next season, with a dividend increase in place, add another £1.50 to his price!

• @ScouseSte exactly, that's why I wanted to know, if he was definitely going to be a defender I'd have deposited money straight away and bought him. But I wouldn't be in a rush to buy him as a midfielder

@ScouseSte exactly, that's why I wanted to know, if he was definitely going to be a defender I'd have deposited money straight away and bought him. But I wouldn't be in a rush to buy him as a midfielder

Yea it's a wait and see job mate. I'm a holder so I'm not fussed if he stays a mid but I hope he goes back to a defender 😊

• What's with the sudden rise today?
    I know players are increasing across the board at the moment but he's moved a lot. Yes, he's still listed as a defender but there's still a chance that can be changed before the start of the season right?

• @Vaughany General consensus is he’ll change club on 1st September and remain as a defender. People don’t want to wait. Under new divs as a defender he’s £4.50-£5 easily. The again I think as a Mid under new divs he’s still a value price around £3 so maybe people think it’s worth the risk. I do for one.

• @Zaka_7
    Fingers crossed he does remain listed as a defender. Like you say, he's value even if he is changed to backed to mid. I'll certainly be holding either way.

• @Zaka_7 said in HAKIMI POSITION CHANGE?!!:

@Vaughany General consensus is he’ll change club on 1st September and remain as a defender. People don’t want to wait. Under new divs as a defender he’s £4.50-£5 easily. The again I think as a Mid under new divs he’s still a value price around £3 so maybe people think it’s worth the risk. I do for one.

Nail on the head mate. At the moment he's stil priced as a mid who might sneak the odd bronze PB win. If his classification as a def is confirmed then there's at least a quid that's getting added to his price, especially with the 20p IPD's for a couple of games!

Look at the market when it comes to defenders
    ... TAA at £20,000 per share and the next man down is Alphonso Davies at £4.28. Hakimi will rocket to Davies' price and possibly more of he is classified as a defender for inter.

Those buying now are solid gamblers 👏🏻 If he's classified as a mid on Tuesday then his price freezes (he's still good value for a 22yo wingback) but if it is confirmed as s defender then some smart bastards will see in an instant 33% ROI cos he will shoot to £4 very quickly!

The Index is Alive again, it's boss!