Are prices dropping to attract new customers during WC/Summer?

• With the potential income of new FI customers during June/July/August, could this be one of the reasons why high profiled players prices have been dropping, to encourage these new customers?

Some traders have mentioned it's an 'April' thing, some traders have mentioned that it's a new tax year and profits are being taken and also some traders are saying that they are spreading their investment on other players....

Anyone have any views on this topic?

• In my view it's more likely to be a natural price correction after the significant boom that the Index (and the high profile players) have experienced over the last 4-5 months.

It wouldn't surprise me if all of the World Cup bound big hitters surge again from mid May to mid June.

• @ocs123 cheers, i think it's just a bad month for us to look at our portfolios....

• Yeah people pulling out bonus money for the meet, prices were/are inflated due to European competition, and everyone's moving money into transfer spec players. These players can range from any value low to high so makes sense to move it into lower prices guys for a more significant gains. Think the trader meet and the triple media buzz will get the high value players back up soon enough.

• certainly a mix of all those things in my opinion but yes... I do think FI are slowly cutting these prices in the top assets ready for them to be hiked up again (due to various matters) in the summer....

let's face it... they can't keep rising even if nothing happens in the market so whilst things are quiet for a couple of weeks it makes perfect sense... Then Ronaldo or Salah for example hog the headlines during the UCL semi-finals and they're up again... Messi wins the championship it's the same with him.... Neymar recovers from injury and the prices rocket up!!!

Looking forward, I think perhaps (unless people are buying large quantities daily) that these prices of the superstars will fall more between games, but knowing the contributions they make when playing and the consistency they have for scoring goals they won't be out of the papers for long which then drives up the price again??

Looking at Jan 2017 (where the top players averaged £3-3.50) to Jan 2018 (where the best aved £7-£8+) I see no doubt that Jan 2019 will see 100% growth in value at the top end again so we should be looking at £16 for the likes of Messi & Neymar in particular?

• Not sure about £16

There has to be a price point beyond which savvy investors won't go as the ROI won't be high enough given the inherent risks

I guess the market will decide we might see a £16 player but IMO we can't expect to see continuous linear growth at the top end even as more people come into the index

• @Dave-C That's true. I think FI will squeeze us for all they can first and then they will increase dividends. I reckon they will make it so MB and PB players that finish 2nd and 3rd will also win people dividends, or something like that.

• @NewUser59855 said in Are prices dropping to attract new customers during WC/Summer?:

@Dave-C That's true. I think FI will squeeze us for all they can first and then they will increase dividends. I reckon they will make it so MB and PB players that finish 2nd and 3rd will also win people dividends, or something like that.

Hopefully!!

And in the meantime there's still headroom at the top for the PB/MB and stars and indeed for the cream of the mid range PB bosses

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.