Top 40 PB Players Who Won At Least 17p Per Share This Season

• Introduction
    So far this season, Trent Alexander Arnold has picked up 47p in PB, which on the surface sounds brilliant but his price point of over £10 is frankly ridiculous and it means that if he gets the same next season, he's going to return just £45 worth of PB for every £1,000 spent on him.

The £10k+ investment needed to buy 1,000 shares in Trent, would return just £450 worth of dividends... Could be worse... but by contrast... Gaston Ramirez from Sampdoria, has picked up 40p worth of PB so far this season, having played just 27 games. If he were to repeat that next season, that same £1,000 investment in him would return just short of £870 worth of PB, almost double what the £10k+ investment in Trent would return. A £500 bet on Gaston Ramirez, would return almost the same amount of PB, as a £10K+ bet on Trent.

Can Ramirez return the same next season? I'll let you figure that one out... but the point is... we've had just 1 season under the new PB matrix and the fellas on the list below have all won PB multiple times, which suggests that they have it in them to win it again.

So, here's the top 40 PB players who earned 17p per share this season... ordered by how much they would return if you bought them today... and they reproduced their winnings next year. (Check out my boy Cuadrado...)

0_1594064255359_Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 20.00.56.png

Important Note
    In an ideal world, I would have based this list on 'Players Who Won PB At Least Twice', to rule out any 1 time flukes. I can't find a list of such players, so I limited the selection to 'Players Who Picked Up At Least 17p Worth Of PB', as it ensures every player on the list won PB on at least 2 occasions this season.

Sadly this leaves out guys like Henderson and Fabinho who both should be on the list, given that Henderson won PB on 3 occasions even picking up Star Man. If Henderson replicated his 8p worth of PB next season, he would be 33rd on the list and Fabinho would be much higher at 19th, well above "PB players" like Kroos and Kostic, which is especially impressive given that the Brazilian spent half the season on the injury list.

0_1594063949718_Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 20.26.45.png

The 16p cut off, also rules out Bruno, given that he's on 16p worth of PB since joining Man Utd. With only 12 games at Man Utd, it's hard to do a full Bruno comparison... but assuming he picked up 4x more PB next season he'd average a similar amount to KDB. Let's be right... you're buying Bruno for MB more than PB.

0_1594068384689_Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 21.46.07.png

• @Dan-The-Man excellent this, good effort 👍

At a glance, and filtering out the oldies it makes a few of 'em seem like excellent investments/bets

• Great read as usual, interesting to see things from a different view point as well 👍🏼 glad to see a few of my holds popping up on that list so hopefully I’m not going too far wrong!

• I spent a whole evening doing some research as I was after deciding on a Ligue 1 defender and a cheap PB midfielder. So I’m glad to see the two standout names I came up with (Marquinhos and Pulgar) are on that list.

• Great analysis

Barkley looks a real outlier on that list. If he goes to a club where you can tell he will be the main man he'd be a good option

• @Dan-The-Man said in Top 40 PB Players Who Earned At Least 17p Per Share This Season:

The 16p cut off, also rules out Bruno, given that he's on 16p worth of PB since joining Man Utd. With only 12 games at Man Utd, it's hard to do a full Bruno comparison... but assuming he picked up 4x more PB next season he'd average a similar amount to KDB. Let's be right... you're buying Bruno for MB more than PB.

0_1594068384689_Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 21.46.07.png

Very useful info. Thank you for spending the time to help out the forum. I have to slightly disagree with you regarding Bruno. I bought him equally for PB and MB. He would be winning more PB since the restart if he wasn't being substituted in games.

I have 2 in my port on your list (the other being Jota). I was researching LL players yesterday and bought the young Morlanes. I need 1 more, and you've convinced me to pop for Haddadi. Cheers!

• @MickTurbo said in Top 40 PB Players Who Earned At Least 17p Per Share This Season:

@Dan-The-Man excellent this, good effort 👍

At a glance, and filtering out the oldies it makes a few of 'em seem like excellent investments/bets

Who you considering old these days?

• @Dan-The-Man well the market seems to be considering Rashford old so maybe I'll get ahead of the game and just flip anything older than 20

• @Baydog said in Top 40 PB Players Who Earned At Least 17p Per Share This Season:

Great analysis

Barkley looks a real outlier on that list. If he goes to a club where you can tell he will be the main man he'd be a good option

26, English... tons of experience... physical, can score... but hard to think where he fits really.

Trouble is, he's a bit part player... out of the 24 matches tracked on WhoScored, he's averaged just 41 minutes per game... Imagine if he had a run of fitness and first team football... given what he's been able to do with the limited amount of time on the park.

0_1594073669509_Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 23.12.46.png

• @Dan-The-Man

He was well in the England set up too.... I'm not really sure what team he'd slip into where he'd a) be main man and b) maintain same level of performance in line with the team... He'll probably end up back at Everton

• this makes fascinating reading . i wish i had read it before i made my pb splurge buy today though a few on the list i have bought. quite surprised that Luis Alberto or fabian ruiz arent on the list though as both have great pb. Also wondering when younger players like Basic pelligrini will chip in

• @Dan-The-Man thanks for sharing! I've just deposited £500 and had to join the cuardrado train. Just 200. Trying not to spend all the £500 before the announcement.

• @Dan-The-Man

Thanks for sharing as always. Very happy to see I have 3 of the top 7 with Cuadrado, Ramos and Willian. Losing track and can't be arsed to search but think they have won PB 7 times between them in the past fortnight. Also hold a fair number on the rest of the list.

Value to be had all over the Dex and so many profitable ways to play the game. Keep up the good work 👍

• Great info and some surprising results. Would be nice to see the age on the summary table (I know alot of effort must have already gone into producing!!)

• @jonathan-rolfe luis alberto is on the list.

• I think this is missing a couple of vital stats (which I have so more than happy to share). There are four key areas which tend to trade off against each other when investing in a PB player

• Price
    • Amount of times won

The final one is extremely important when predicting future results. Whilst TAA yield is low, he has won on 8 separate occasions, only behind the GOAT himself. This gives an extra level of assurance that his return over the next 12 months will be similar. Of course, when compared against the matrix it is price that lets him down, with dividends earned, amount of times won and age been a tick.

For nearly every single player, they fail on one indicator, so people need to decide which is the least important to them. General rule of thumb seems to be if they win alot and are cheap, then they are old. And if they win alot and are young, they are expensive.

The closest player to ticking all four is Munir El Haddidi. Compared against each one

• Age is 24
    • 25p of dividends (15th most on entire Index)
    • Price is 1.13
    • Has won 4 separate occasions, (=13th on entire Index) and a few second places as well.

Of course, it gets pointed out that he won a couple of Europa league days. But plenty of players play absolutely dross and do not win. Is it really that different to Barcelona lining up at home to Mallorca, or PSG to Amiens? He's also won twice since football returned now that he is playing reguarly. I think when compared across all four themes, he comes out the wisest use of money.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor winning scores could also be interesting as El Haddidi has won PB twice since the restart with scores of 117 and 122, so in normal circumstances I doubt that would've been enough. Like Son last night winning with a score of like 90

• Only 8 prem teams in the top 40. Better value for PB winners in Europe then.

• Everybody’s buying Ramirez now. He’s up 5p!

Please can you do a spreadsheet that has Abdoulaye Toure at the top?

Thanks in advance!

• @ChazFI123 said in Top 40 PB Players Who Won At Least 17p Per Share This Season:

@Dr-Jan-Itor winning scores could also be interesting as El Haddidi has won PB twice since the restart with scores of 117 and 122, so in normal circumstances I doubt that would've been enough. Like Son last night winning with a score of like 90

Agree that is a fair point, although the score required to be top forward is considerably less than midfielder and defenders so that needs to be taken into account. His game does seem to suit the matrix in general though, and his base PB score when he gets to complete 90 minutes is very solid. When taken from a points per game (averaged by minutes on the pitch), his results are pretty decent still. He is in the top 15% of forwards. Of course I'm not saying he is a PB monster. That just when compared to age, price and potential dividends is a very attractive player.