Please tell me it's back to 3 subs next season?😆

• It might just be me but it seems every time my player is on for PB he gets subbed!
    Might just be my imagination...😆🤦‍♂️

• it wouldn't surprise me if they increased it to 7 subs and increase the water breaks to 3 times per half 😆

• @Marksandygill said in Please tell me it's back to 3 subs next season?😆:

It might just be me but it seems every time my player is on for PB he gets subbed!
    Might just be my imagination...😆🤦‍♂️

Telling me about it....seriously pissing me off. 🤦🏼‍♂️😏 it’s like a sub roulette. Whenever the board goes up, you start to sweat.

• The water breaks are to appease TV companies in America and the rest of the world. More ad breaks for them, under the guise of caring for players well being. Drinks breaks are going nowhere.

Five subs is dumb too, but again, I can see this staying. So many millionaires and egos wanting a game, and again player welfare considerations.

Get used to it I'd say. "New normal" innit.

• Drinks break is because players had a 3 month break that wasn’t like a pre season due to being contactless training for most of it. It is literally for the players health considering the time out and heat during summer. Usually in a summer tournament players are had peak fitness. If it were advertising knowing how money driven the PL is it would have been done years ago.

As for 5 subs I hate it. But am very confident it will be phased out as like drinks breaks it was a temporary measure to get the league going whilst easing concerns of injuries.

As usual with any change conspiracy theorists love to come up with all sorts of crap 😂

• Yeah, it’s like a sauna outside, must have been 17 or 18 degrees C today, so completely understable why the players needed extra drinks breaks.

Also having had three months off, I can understand why they need extra subs. It must be really tough doing your job for 90 minutes twice a week after 3 months off having hair cuts and arranging sex parties with hookers.

They’re such heroes!

• @ocs123 It’s July. When the rule was passed they didn’t know the weather 😂 there have been a few games in 30 plus degrees which is why they were put in place.

As for 3 months off and more injuries if you can’t understand the corrolation between that then I really don’t know what to say. If you’re body isn’t prepared how it should be for the intensity of a regular 90mins. Injury is more likely. Nothing to do with hero’s 😂

With a reasonably quick change over between seasons and not a full pre season they may even extend the sub rule temporarily, although I really hope they don’t. But no way will it be a permenant thing, the clubs have to vote for it and 80% of the league with smaller squad depth won’t accept that.

• @Zaka_7

Blah, blah, blah.... just excuses to cover up that they’re work shy.

It’s not unreasonable to expect a professional footballer to be able to play football for 90 minutes. It is their job after all. But it turns out even doing their job, that they’re trained and conditioned to do, is too taxing.

If they play every week, they need a rest. If they have a prolonged rest, they need a rest.

Overly pampered babies.

Can you imagine if they had to do a normal job... where you work 5 days a week, 8-9 hours a day. They’d be on long term sick leave with exhaustion.

• @ocs123

You know this man has never kicked a football before 😂

• @King-Fergus 100%. My god 😂😂

• My job is a graft its four on four off. People need rest regardless of the money they earn or want they do.

Not defending as such because they are overpaid little brats for the most part but hey I wouldnt complain if someone wanted to pay me X amount a week and some rest.

• And the players dont make the rules

• Being reported this morning that it will remain as 5 subs for the 20/21 season, not good for FI and PB.

• That's bad

• Ya as mentioned, being reported in The Athletic that IFAB will announce in the coming days that the 5 subs are here to stay for the 20/21 season.
    Could still depend on each league to vote it in though I suppose