Reinier Jesus

• Worth a long hold from now or too early?

His talent is obvious, from clips (YouTube) looks so comfortable on the ball. First game for Real Madrid B in March he scored twice. And all the positive reports/articles, future Brazil star etc.

I think inevitably if he lives up to the hype he's got a long future at the top level.

However, is the buy too early?
    I've invested already, considering more. Seeing as the kids rise sharply on FI.

Only concern is how long until he gets into Madrids first team squad. Modric is ageing, perhaps he'll be the first pulled up from the B team. Likely to play some cups games next season.

Cheers 🍻

• i hold. initially i had to make a decision between Reiner and Rodrygo. i went for Reinier as i was told he was the better talent though ofcourse a little behind in terms of getting his place. Interested as to why you wonder if it may be too early. im guessing what you're saying is that he may not move in price much and the money could be used elsewhere more profitably before he begins to get any rise.
    Thank you for that if that is the case because i often assume that these top kids even if they are not having the rises of those more in the current limelight will still be slowly increasing. Maybe i need to rethink my strategy. On the whole though his price is only going one way though yeah its possible that it might be better spent elsewhere. of one thing there is no doubt. long term he is a great hold. Madrid scouts must be more in the know than us!

• @jonathan-rolfe
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yep was asking as the money could be used elsewhere right now, especially with the announcement pending on Thursday.
    However, as future hold I see real value.

About your strategy, he's a safe hold, only one way in terms of his price as you say, all be it a little slow until he breaks through. I can see him rocketing in the future. From what I've heard he's Brazils future no. 10, that's big. Let's hope it happens!

I too invest in future talents, and stay patient. And try get in early, eg Rodrygo, Foden, Curtis Jones, Elliott. And mix it up with PB guys and current trending. Good to mix it up.
    Good luck 🙌

• yeah im on all those guys. except elliot . looking out for the next ones. keep an eye out for gaetano

• Real Madrid can only have 3 non-EU players in their squad I believe, so Reinier is a bit down that atm with VJ, Rodrygo and Eder Militao currently taking up those spots I think. Kubo is another and if the UK don’t agree some kind of common work area with the Brexit deal Bale could also fall into this category, although he probably get some special dispensation because he’s been playing there awhile.
    Might be something to consider for EPL clubs too, they might not be able to pack their squads with cheap foreign imports in the future

• Yeah, pretty sure Real agreed to loan him out next season, which seems logical looking at Kubo and Odegaard! As mentioned the whole non EU thing might hinder him in the future, I wouldnt expect him to be near the first team for a while unless they get rid of Militao and Kubo!
    https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2020/04/02/5e85b27b22601d155b8b45ca.html

• Going on loan to dortmund.

Interesting, not sure what to think as FI hold, Dortmund getting stacked for mids....

• @Gregolocky said in Reinier Jesus:

Real Madrid can only have 3 non-EU players in their squad I believe, so Reinier is a bit down that atm with VJ, Rodrygo and Eder Militao currently taking up those spots I think. Kubo is another and if the UK don’t agree some kind of common work area with the Brexit deal Bale could also fall into this category, although he probably get some special dispensation because he’s been playing there awhile.
    Might be something to consider for EPL clubs too, they might not be able to pack their squads with cheap foreign imports in the future

This is it in a nutshell ^^^

If he gets a loan & game time then I'd consider him again (I've held previously) but until then I'll stay sat on the sidelines