Health Check

• Some advice please.
    I have been asked to confirm my occupation and weather I can afford my desposits. Port port is only 2k at the moment. I’ve deposited 1k yesterday due to Div increase.
    I also plan to/have used household money (wife bonus). Shall I mention this or just provide my occupation and state I can afford it?
    Cheers.

• @MP1980 just confirm what they've asked for. They obviously don't need anything further info at this stage.

• This is the kind of tosh that stops me putting in more than 50 a month. Cant be dealing with the hassle.

• @NewUser600411 said in Health Check:

This is the kind of tosh that stops me putting in more than 50 a month. Cant be dealing with the hassle.

I've put in about £4,500 over various transactions ranging from £100-£1500 and I've never had any checks

• Bully for you! No I'm joking, I dont know what triggers it or if random but I just cant be bothered if they did that's all.

• @NewUser600411 It is tiresome, I’ve had it twice in a month but if it keeps that joke of a gambling commission off their backs then I’m pleased they’re doing it.

• @NewUser600411

You can’t be bothered to send an email that says “I am employed as a [insert job title] and am comfortable with my level of deposits in the index”?

I’ll tell you what, you can copy and paste and the above, might save you 3 seconds of your life.

These are a necessary part of FI’s responsible gambling policy and anyone that complains probably shouldn’t be gambling in the first place.

• I received an email yesterday as I have put in nearly 15k this year, probably 10k in the last month.

I have my own consultancy business but only started it in August last year with the first monies going in February. This process might be quite interesting for me, will let you know how it goes.

• @NewUser600411 i think its higher levels of withdrawals or a alot of deposits and withdrawals in a short space of time.

• @Coleyscrooge calm down pal 🤣

• @Coleyscrooge we all know why they do it get off your high horse

• @Shippers said in Health Check:

@MP1980 just confirm what they've asked for. They obviously don't need anything further info at this stage.

Thanks, will do.

• I've been trading for over a year and have net deposits of 11k. I received the health check email for the first time yesterday morning. I replied in the afternoon stating my occupation, the fact I don't have a betting problem and with 2 attachments (driving licence and bank card with the relevant parts blocked out).

Received an email at 10 am this morning that the checks were done and I can now deposit/withdraw again. I know it's been a nightmare for others, but for balance, just wanted to say I have had no problems.

• I've had the health check which is just a simple are you a problem gambler the other week.

Though this was all OK , then proceeded to deposit a large chunk of my savings 30k then received 2 weeks ago a proof of deposit source of funds check email.

I replied with a p60 and proof of deposits from my bank statements to FI , fine i get they need to do this.

Next week they want to view the profit and loss of all my gambling accounts as i , as im sure plenty of users on here do/have done matched betting so i have quite a few transactions on my statement .

Replied last Wednesday still no reply its getting a bit of a joke as i would like to deposit with div increase incoming.

• They have to ask, to keep the gambling commission happy..Everyone knows that FI is an investment vehicle within its own asset class which is why everyone is happy to invest large sums of money..

I would imagine 95% of traders would not dream of depositing large sums in main street bookies

• Had mine at the weekend I’ve only been adding £100 here and there when I see an ME bargain but over this month that’s been an extra 600 so guess they’re just checking

• @Karl Not a chance would I touch a bookies with the money I have invested in FI.

For me gambling at the bookies was a waste of time at best or just dumb at worst. Even with my best runs I usually broke even or made a slight profit that wasnt really worth the risk and headaches.

FI on the other hand is something special tho, granted without IS its not as easy, but you have a 3 year bet you can jump off of when you want. So lossing all your money will be very very hard, at the bookies you can win and still lose all your money because of some technicality.

• had the same email today

ironic as 2 hours later I got another one telling me how many MIllions have gone into FI this week

• @Harford-is-God said in Health Check:

I received an email yesterday as I have put in nearly 15k this year, probably 10k in the last month.

I have my own consultancy business but only started it in August last year with the first monies going in February. This process might be quite interesting for me, will let you know how it goes.

well I'm interested to see what reply I get. I only have a 2.5k port, but am currently semi-retired. Had a reasonable VR payout after leaving a company I worked 39 years for.
    Putting a very small amount of that into FI rather than the rest in ISA at 1.2% seemed a worthwhile punt to me.

I understand the ID part as dealt with Savings in my old job. And I get the responsible betting part too. But personal circumstances vary from all of us.

• A couple of email exchanges, silence for 4 days and then received the good to go signal.

No issues for me, perfectly understandable that a check was made as my deposits had increased. Don't think they have to worry about my deposits in the foreseeable future though. Have to wait for some transfers to happen for my trading to continue, a quiet few weeks for me before the CL/EL games.