Dutch Youngsters

• Been doing a review of my portfolio, and realised that over the last two years I’ve accumulated a ridiculous number of shares in Dutch youngsters, all in the hope they turn out to be as good as their potential suggests and they get a transfer to a decent club in a PB league.

Had wins from De Ligt, and Bergwijn, both sold at a profit, but I still hold:

Calvin Stengs (up 18%)
    Cody Gakpo (up 11%)
    David Neres (up 46%) (not Dutch but hold for the same reason)
    Donny Van de Beek (up 64%)
    Donyell Malen (up 2%)
    Myron Boadu (up 15%)
    Ryan Gravenberch (up 42%)

Given the Dutch league finished a while ago, I’m slightly alarmed by the lack of any transfer stories involving the above.

Anyone have any insight into the prospects of the above? Does another year in the Dutch league help or harm their price?

• Didn't want to hijack your thread - I was actually looking at younger Eredivisie players earlier this week and couldn't understand why Dani De Wit (64p) - AZ Alkmaar is valued so cheaply? Seems like he was rated as one of the top prospects in the Netherlands for 19/20 and had a decent campaign. Maybe he's just off the radar being at AZ?

I think of all those you have listed above i'd expect Malen to potentially move now he's over his injury? a quick google shows he's linked to quite a few clubs across Europe.

• Well there's a thread title that you're taking a chance clicking on 😱🙈

• @Wolvesfan1980 said in Dutch Youngsters:

Didn't want to hijack your thread - I was actually looking at younger Eredivisie players earlier this week and couldn't understand why Dani De Wit (64p) - AZ Alkmaar is valued so cheaply? Seems like he was rated as one of the top prospects in the Netherlands for 19/20 and had a decent campaign. Maybe he's just off the radar being at AZ?

Dammit, this thread wasn’t supposed to encourage me to buy more Dutch youngsters 😆

(I definitely will though!)

• @ScouseSte should have gone even more blatant with my click bait now you mention it. “Hungry Dutch teens looking for the next big thing” or something like that?

• @Coleyscrooge said in Dutch Youngsters:

@ScouseSte should have gone even more blatant with my click bait now you mention it. “Hungry Dutch teens looking for the next big thing” or something like that?

Hahaha I'm predicting this post gets FLAGGED 😂😂😂

• I think maybe Stengs and Boadu will give AZ this season and then be off.
    I’m not sure if they’re qualified automatically for the champions league or have to go through a playoff, if they lose a playoff there might be more chance of a move.

• 0_1594206008708_Capture.PNG

Looks like qualifiers (although this is taken from wiki)

• @Wolvesfan1980 Two rounds for AZ so, what competition they play in could decide their futures. I hold both and tbh the Europa would be better if they don’t move cause they potentially could win divs easier than the CL, Stengs won divs last season in the Europa

• Dutch players always seem quite loyal to their clubs and in no rush to leave, I’m not sure any leave this summer due to covid.
    Won’t be a bad thing though we all know hype is better than the move sometimes.

• I think the most likely to leave could be Neres, but it wouldn't surprise me if they all stay another year which is why I sold Stengs. Interesting that all Van De Beek to United rumours have gone quiet, could see it from a mile off that they wouldn't sign him!

• @ChazFI123

I googled Neres this morning as his ME price looked very tempting, seems he has committed himself for another season due to his knee injury...

I am not too sure about transfer prospects of the others, I don't even know when the transfer window will be, so the usual transfer hype isn't really taking hold.

I like Boadu and Stengs, they both had good seasons. Stengs I particularly like, not purchased yet but I think even if they remain, there will be CL/Europa games, and then the Euros on the horizon..

If there are no rumours of a move I'd expect non-pb players to start increasing again in the new season, with european club games, internationals, and an eye on the January window and Euros.. Right now non PB players are pretty risky, but I have snapped up a fair few in the sub-£1 market especially

• @Baydog to be honest the only reason I thought he's the most likely is because he's not dutch. In terms of FI I think Stengs could be very good, shown he suits the matrix think he's already won PB twice

• Dont forget young Jurgen Ekkelenkamp.

• @ChazFI123

Stengs for me is the one to watch out for in PB terms for sure, proven it already... I held 500 Malen at 51p and sold them off on his injury at about £2.10... He could be an interesting one, big links and I think we may have a buy-back clause (which we will probably pass up like we did with Bennacer, as we need every penny to pay Ozil to sit in the stand with his feet up holding a red umbrella to keep the sun off his face)

• Seem to be missing the most promising starlet imo, ihatteran

• I believe stengs had a quiet second half to last season, which is the only thing putting me off right now. Hold boadu but transfer is looking unlikely. Be good to see if Ihatteren and gravenberch really kick on next season- decent buys if you can get them low through ME I guess. I think a lot of transfer spec has gone a bit quiet recently with the return of football (obviously with quite a few exceptions).

• @ChazFI123 said in Dutch Youngsters:

@Baydog to be honest the only reason I thought he's the most likely is because he's not dutch. In terms of FI I think Stengs could be very good, shown he suits the matrix think he's already won PB twice

Suits the matrix when he is the teams best player, that’s half the problem with PB, the team you play for 100% make your pb imo.
    When your one of the best players on the pitch everyone passes you the ball....
    Go to a big team and you have to prove yourself unless your a world beater already obvs.

• @Tom77 to be fair to him he won PB playing for Holland too

• @Ddr said in Dutch Youngsters:

Seem to be missing the most promising starlet imo, ihatteran

He’s been on my watchlist for a while, I’m sure it won’t be long!