If you hit the mythical 100%, when do you decide to sell..

• 0_1594212428319_B33B2E91-7918-41F2-BF0B-B013BC5E3DF4.jpeg

In two minds over Bruno Fernandes. I’ve hit 101% and deciding now to either sell up half or fully sell up depending on the dividend increase. I still feel strongly that he will be £15 next season, but to walk away with such a profit margin, surely sometimes it’s better to take that profit. What Would you do?

• 100% is just a number mate.

Put it out of your mind.

Is he the best place for that £32k to grow?

• I don’t see any reason to sell him for the next 12 months

• I'd personally sell half and bank the profit. You'd still have more than enough shares to make the most of any potential future rises and dividends. I had 100% on him and sold him, even though I didn't really want to. I'd 100% wait till Thursday though as I imagine he'll rise a lot even if the dividend increase isn't that great

• @Sol Just take the profit and keep the rest of the shares. You know he's gonna deliver in the coming months.

• @Sol agree with @Londoner and @ChazFI123 if you think its time to bank profit then usually its time to do so. Of course he will win divs in coming months and will rise but you wont be stressed out about any fall either 😅. Youll be earning divs on pure profit! Best way to do it!!

• Ignore the 100% as it’s purely psychological and shouldn’t have any impact on your decision, although easier said than done.

Ask yourself “if I didn’t already hold, would I buy at his current price?”. If yes then hold, if no then sell. Keeps the decision making process simple and helps you deal with the inevitable star man win the day after you sell!

• This post is deleted!

• I'd probably be tempted to set a new target of 200%, depending on the divs increase tomorrow.

I think Bruno will be king of the index by Christmas

• I'm in the exact same position as you Sol. I've decided to put it to the back of my mind. I wasn't thinking of selling more of my Bruno shares when he was at 90%, why would I sell up now?

I totally get how you're feeling at the moment, but as long as we're still playing FI with this money then there's no need to move it, right? If you have other plans for the money and want to take it out though, that's your judgement call. I may be buying a house in the next year or so. Bruno is my deposit. I can't think of anywhere safer to keep it!

The only time I've touched my Bruno shares was to sell 20% of them and jump on an opportunity I saw with Pulisic. That move worked out very well, but if I could have sold a different portion of my portfolio to fund it I would have. It just turned out that at the time I could instant sell Bruno for pennies off of his market price.

• You'd be mad to sell before the div increase and that run of Europa fixtures coming up.

• @Sol said in If you hit the mythical 100%, when do you decide to sell..:

0_1594212428319_B33B2E91-7918-41F2-BF0B-B013BC5E3DF4.jpeg

I just have one question.... is that 3,000 shares... or are you sat with some funky 2838 number ha.

• Cheers for all the responses - lots to ponder over! Greatly appreciated!! 🍻

• Bruno is a superb hold and will give great dividends. I personally would keep the shares in and use the dividends to withdraw or purchase other players. It’s great to have a cash out strategy but Bruno hasn’t reached his peak yet and next year I can see a much improved Man Utd. There’s too many things in his favour to cash out now.

• @Dan-The-Man 0_1594218908112_590907AA-49FE-4EDA-89D8-6A5A4CFD6721.jpeg

1. Shifted a few to get onboard the Rashford ‘stationary, but soon to be’ express train! Choo choo 🚆 !!

• @jimmyb1700 said in If you hit the mythical 100%, when do you decide to sell..:

Bruno is a superb hold and will give great dividends. I personally would keep the shares in and use the dividends to withdraw or purchase other players. It’s great to have a cash out strategy but Bruno hasn’t reached his peak yet and next year I can see a much improved Man Utd. There’s too many things in his favour to cash out now.

That’s pretty much where my heads at right now. Cheers for the post 🍻

• I would market sell the 38, keep the rest for a bit and consider derisking to maybe 1,500 at some point in the future. Nice trade, why did you keep it so quiet? 🤫😁

• @Martyn-B said in If you hit the mythical 100%, when do you decide to sell..:

I would market sell the 38, keep the rest for a bit and consider derisking to maybe 1,500 at some point in the future. Nice trade, why did you keep it so quiet? 🤫😁

🤣😂!!

• Hard to imagine better value out there at £5.64! Personally I'd keep the vast majority, maybe just start to cream off some profit every now and again and move down to 2000 / 2500.. A good problem to have!

• Sell half