Confused

• See threads where people are like ‘selling x and x price’ but I don’t understand how that works? How can they dictate what price they sell at? My portfolio has been up for sale for weeks and it’s getting a bit boring now with everyone just using the ME to purchase shares.

• @LewisHoward say if you hypothetically have a player you want to sell and his current BUY price is £1.00 and his SELL price is £0.60.

You're not currently able to sell him for £1.00 cos no-one wants to spend that much but what you can do, through the forum, is say you will accept £0.80 for him.

I then respond to say i'm happy to buy him at that price so i place my bid on the player for £0.80.

You then go into the SELL button on the player and you should see my offer for him. You then sell him to me for £0.80,

Someone might be able to explain slightly better but thats how it works.

• @JonesyFI-WH what does this look like on your app because I dont get that option on mine so I’m also slightly confused.

• @Daniel-H glad I’m not the only one! Feel like I’m missing out on something here...

• @LewisHoward when I follow his instructions it comes up with an error “you don’t own any of that player right now”

No sure how everyone else’s appears 🤔

• @Daniel-H You can't sell a player you don't own! If someone is selling a player you want, you agree a price then when you go to buy you can either bid or pay market price. Put your bid in at the agreed price and if they have put their shares for sale you will get them

• @Lillychar1216 I did this with a player I own, sorry if that wasn’t clear 😂

When I then click on the SELL button I just can’t see the option where you can see the offers as mentioned in his response.

No sure if I have misinterpreted something.

• @Daniel-H I don't see them either, it's not just you

• If your shares are For Sale in the Sell Queue it won’t let you look at the in-depth Instant Sell Prices.

Remember this is all only temporary and part of phasing in full order books.

If you’ve had players in the queue for ages then you might not want to cancel but for the short term maybe don’t list all your shares (Say if you have 100 just list 99) then you can see and quickly cancel Sell Queue and Instant Sell if that’s what you really think is best.

• @Lillychar1216 can you put a screenshot of this? Because I really don’t get what your saying and I do not see this in my app at all

• @LewisHoward

Ive only skim read this so i might be explaining somehting else altogether
    but for example at the moment Depay's sell price is 4.33 - this is based on the average highest 300 shares bid on the ME
    However, when you click on the sell button for that player, you get to see the detail of those individual 300 share bids.

in the example below from 2 mins ago i could have IS'd 12 Depay shares for 4.41 (this implies that there are a few bids within the top 300 below 4.33.

So if i was to say i will put a bid in for 50 depays at 4.50 right now, the sell price that appears would probably move up slightly to 4.36 for argument sake, but you could click on the sell button select 50 shares and sell them to me for 4.50 (unless dome bugger quickly snaps them up before you

0_1594284888045_upload-2c083b8c-5d2d-43cf-8ca1-a1ebf5f7a6dc

0_1594284900946_upload-e19fea16-95f3-4d2f-b5ec-dda469b31225

• @Advinculas-Index said in Confused:

@LewisHoward

Ive only skim read this so i might be explaining somehting else altogether
    but for example at the moment Depay's sell price is 4.33 - this is based on the average highest 300 shares bid on the ME
    However, when you click on the sell button for that player, you get to see the detail of those individual 300 share bids.

in the example below from 2 mins ago i could have IS'd 12 Depay shares for 4.41 (this implies that there are a few bids within the top 300 below 4.33.

So if i was to say i will put a bid in for 50 depays at 4.50 right now, the sell price that appears would probably move up slightly to 4.36 for argument sake, but you could click on the sell button select 50 shares and sell them to me for 4.50 (unless dome bugger quickly snaps them up before you

0_1594284888045_upload-2c083b8c-5d2d-43cf-8ca1-a1ebf5f7a6dc

0_1594284900946_upload-e19fea16-95f3-4d2f-b5ec-dda469b31225

Thanks, but we are still talking averages though aren’t we? It does not give you individual detail of each bid listed e.g Mr X did £4.20 for 10shares, Mrs Y £4.25 for 100 shares etc.. therefore if there is someone in the queue before you at the same price you have privately agreed to buy at, someone else could buy those shares before you as they are in the queue before you at that price? Or am I talking absolute tosh?
    Thanks

• @MP1980 Yeh someone else could get those shares before you. There is no way of garunteeing that if you have agreed a price with someone for a player that you will get those shares. As you say someone else may beat you to it. There is also no way of transferring shares between people

• @Advinculas-Index where did you get £4.50 from?

• @dean73 You see the best (highest) price someone is prepared to pay...in theory that will be the other person on the forum...OR someone else has had a look and offered the same price. Either way you get your sale