Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹

• Hi all,

11 days into my FI journey, which Iโ€™m absolutely fascinated by btw, and I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, hopefully I can contribute myself over the coming weeks, months, years lol.

Iโ€™ve read every thread on the forum going back ages and just wanted to say how helpful it has been for me reading through these posts. Seems like you are a really decent bunch and happy to give advice to noobs like me.

The good news is itโ€™s only taken me 11 days to make most of the common mistakes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ so hopefully itโ€™s onward and upwards from here.

Iโ€™ve tinkered around a bit and I donโ€™t hold many shares at the moment, just 10 or so players 25 in each and just keeping an eye on how it all works.

Pulisic and ASM have started well for me and decent increases so far. Iโ€™m around 15% up on the overall port at the moment so happy enough with that (although as Iโ€™m learning I realise thatโ€™s not the true value)!

Iโ€™m excited to see the new changes coming through, recommenced to a few friends along the way so Iโ€™m really looking forward to getting stuck in and with next season. Not far off Iโ€™m sure this will hold my interest.

Fed up of my accumulator going down every week with one team (usually the favourite) ๐Ÿ™„ so Iโ€™m trying FI instead which I think will give much more satisfaction, and the research side appeals to me also.

As Iโ€™ve said Iโ€™ve read through loads of stuff and watched all the YT videos I can handle ๐Ÿ˜‚ but had to google FOMO this afternoon....

Any further advice on any pitfalls or help along the way will be gratefully received.

Anyway hi all, looking forward to interacting with you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• @Palmwa43 Welcome mate!
    Well done on doing some research on the forum first it's more than most do and it can give you invaluable advice.
    Big day tomorrow with Div increase so just sit back and enjoy try not to get caught buying in at peaks at a time like this when the markets booming. Whilst everyones buying the fashionable big PB names there can be great opportunities to pick other players up at big discounts on the matching engine.
    Any questions just ask the forum, most are a helpful bunch!

• @Palmwa43 said in Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹:

Iโ€™ve read every thread on the forum going back ages

Welcome,,,very impressed by this ^ lol

You've joined at a very interesting time. I would watch how the market and your port go over the next few days to see how a big announcement works and how it affects the market. Some might say be wary of paying the top prices now as we are heading towards a peak and with announcement flipping or any negative reactions to it prices could fall over next few weeks, others might say buy now before tomo in case the announcement is excellent and the market explodes... its a hard call right now. But id watch and learn, and plan your next moves ready for next pay day where, if it is a good announcement, plenty more money will come into the market and we will see rises.

• @Splurger_Dan thanks mate, appreciate the advice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• @Westy cheers Westy, sounds like sensible advice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Have to say itโ€™s taken best part of a week just to understand the basics of how it all works so will take my time and not go crazy to start with.

• @Palmwa43

Welcome to FI and the forum!!

Seeing as you have read all of the recent posts you would have seen most of our stock answers to Noobies. Specifically for you though, if you are recommending friends make sure you use the refer a friend referral link which gets you a ยฃ10 bonus per time.

Welcome and enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š

• @Palmwa43 Welcome to the forum! You seem to have done a fair bit of research via the forum and YT so youโ€™re off to a good start. If youโ€™re into podcasts then Football Index Guide, High Wide And Handsome and FI Roundtable are all great resources with loads of interesting discussions. Twitter can also be useful with lots of guys providing plenty of in depth research but take everything you read on there with a pinch of salt!

Other than that just enjoy the journey!

• @Palmwa43 Welcome aboard! I take it you've read the All Things Football Index thread? Essential reading for newbies: https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/5017/all-things-football-index

• @Palmwa43 welcome fella.

Youโ€™ll get mostly sound advice from most of the guys here, thereโ€™s always some little drama to keep us entertained.

Be careful with all the hype that will hit tomorrow evening and ensure your happy with who your buying and donโ€™t get drawn in by FOMO.

Enjoy the ride

• @Palmwa43 welcome. You are in for a treat as FI is the gift that keeps giving with all the highs and lows. Sometimes it will infuriate you and other days you will be glued to your portfolio watching prices fly. Your journey here sounds much like my own and now i rarely bother with traditional betting in fact on the days i plan to put a bet on i usually forget because FI is just so much more engaging and the forum is half the obsession.

Enjoy the journey

• @Palmwa43
    Worth watching ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป - welcome aboard the good ship "Dex"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4bqJ99MaLQ&t=55s -Matching Engine tutorial

• Welcome. Good luck whoever you pick. Could be some big risers tomorrow.

• Welcome @Palmwa43 !!! Best advise I can give is to try and be as rational as possible. I would also stay away from ipos just yet aswell until your familiar with them, can easily get burned.
    I can relate to the accas, I can count on my hands how many accas I've had in the almost 2 years I've been here! I used to be ยฃ20 A week minimum. Since i joined here I've just kept putting that extra money into here and topping up, treating it like a savings account in many ways!
    I signed up with 2 mates at the same time, we all started with ยฃ100. After 3 weeks they had sold up, 9 months later I hit 100% (rising market/fortunate) call it what you will.
    All the best and hope to see you contribute on here some more!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

• @Martyn-B will do cheers Martyn, itโ€™s weird I feel like I know a load of you already without even reaching out ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• @Palmwa43 Ok, that's just creepy ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜.

• @MikeWagner cheers mike ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• @Dan-w ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Cheers Dan I can relate to all of that. Really looking to stay around for a long time.

• @Martyn-B ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• @Advinculas-Index thanks mate ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• @Black-Wolf Thanks mate, much appreciated, Iโ€™m already hooked and click on my port about 20 times a day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    I think youโ€™re right though, Iโ€™ve not even really thought about an Acca this last week or so ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป