Logging out for 3 years

• After my final deposit of £50 on the 15th I am going to log out for the 3 years (maybe just less than so I can hopefully sell at profit).

I had an idea of building a nice portfolio, I have 16 players currently with 284 shares. I have another 13 on my watch list I want as well.

However after thinking about it and weighing it up due to limited deposits there is absolutely no point me continuing because the cap app I'm making isnt enough for me, plus you can no longer sell at the value they are as everyone is after a discount (including myself).

I have therefore decided IS my players for whatever is offered and will put it all into 3 players.

Two players in Ligue 1 and one player in the Dutch league.

I will continue to monitor the forum but will not look at my port.

• @NewUser600411 good luck with that one if your going to continue using the forum🤣. How will you resist not checking your port if you see 1 of your players mentioned??? No way I could do that.

• Will power brother!!

• Yeah sack that... after today's announcement I'm back!!!!

• @NewUser600411 Great will power!! ;-)

• @NewUser600411 what 3 were you going to buy?

• after 3 months, and with football only being played for 1 months of that, you're unhappy with the CA ?

Now is the time to buy, using the discount. Once we get the full order book system in place spreads should tighten up.

• That lasted long

• Interesting idea and one I've been contemplating myself but for different reasons.
    Once COVID dies down, I'm off to Africa to teach for two years and therefore will not have access to my port from abroad.
    Presumably, inactivity on my account for two years isn't going to affect it in any way and it will still be there for me when I return?
    I know I should probably speak to FI about this and enquire/inform them but you can't always believe what CS tell you.

• @dean73 As long as you get back in time to sell the 3 year old hold's you may have. I believe AC said they will be actively enforcing the 3 year thingy in the near future.

• @dean73 said in Logging out for 3 years:

Interesting idea and one I've been contemplating myself but for different reasons.
    Once COVID dies down, I'm off to Africa to teach for two years and therefore will not have access to my port from abroad.
    Presumably, inactivity on my account for two years isn't going to affect it in any way and it will still be there for me when I return?
    I know I should probably speak to FI about this and enquire/inform them but you can't always believe what CS tell you.

I hope it goes well for you if you decide to go to Africa. Be safe as covid is on the rise there. The T&Cs say an account is inactive if there are no trades for 6 months. After a year the account will be closed. You may have to go through all the DD/EDD all again. It might be difficult to produce documents that are accepted during your time in Africa.

• @dean73 ya I’d give the details to a family member at home and ask them to do the odd trade for you whilst you’re away. No way would I leave it inactive for 2 years, not worth the risk

• @Londoner said in Logging out for 3 years:

@dean73 said in Logging out for 3 years:

Interesting idea and one I've been contemplating myself but for different reasons.

I hope it goes well for you if you decide to go to Africa. Be safe as covid is on the rise there. The T&Cs say an account is inactive if there are no trades for 6 months. After a year the account will be closed. You may have to go through all the DD/EDD all again. It might be difficult to produce documents that are accepted during your time in Africa.

Thanks but where do you get this 6 months from? When I look at the T&Cs I see it mentions 3yrs not 6 months:
    0_1594340928346_Screenshot (10).png

• @Londoner I've sent an email to support to find out if I do have a full 3yrs (yes, I get that my 'bets' are only valid for 3yrs) or if it's the 6 months as you suggest

@Londoner said in Logging out for 3 years:

@dean73 said in Logging out for 3 years:

Thanks but where do you get this 6 months from? When I look at the T&Cs I see it mentions 3yrs not 6 months:
    0_1594340928346_Screenshot (10).png

This is from memory after the last T&Cs, but it might not be accurate! I remember there was 2 different time frames for an inactive account. It was confusing. The Help Centre says this but does not give the time frames:

1. CLOSURE OF ACCOUNTS
    2. Please contact us if you wish to close your Account.
    3. If your Account becomes an Inactive Account:
    4. we will use reasonable efforts to notify you and give you the opportunity to reactivate your Account (following the process set out in the Help and FAQ section of the Website) ("Inactivity Notice");
    5. if you do not reactivate your Account within 30 days of receiving our Inactivity Notice, we reserve the right to terminate your Account in accordance with Clause 5.1(b).
    6. If we are unable to return any funds due to you pursuant to clause 14.2.2, a charge to compensate us for the costs incurred by us in maintaining the Inactive Account (as set out in the “Charges Table” in theGlossary) will be deducted from the funds in your Inactive Account from the date specified in the Inactivity Notice until the earlier of: (a) your Account being reactivated or (b) the funds in your Inactive Account being exhausted (at which point we may close your Account).

• @NewUser600411 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• @Londoner Finally got a reply from FI...
    "Your account will be fine and will remain active, I am happy to put a note on your account saying you will be abroad for 2 years and will login next time you are back home."
    That's a relief!

@Londoner Finally got a reply from FI...
    "Your account will be fine and will remain active, I am happy to put a note on your account saying you will be abroad for 2 years and will login next time you are back home."
    That's a relief!

Let's just hope there's not a note waiting for you on your return saying "There's no money left", Treasury style.

@Londoner Finally got a reply from FI...
    That's a relief!

Pleased for you. That means as long as anyone lets CS know that they will be inactive, they will stop their system from closing your account automatically. Cool.