Some help for the GK buyers

• So I went goalkeeper shopping in amongst the madness tonight. I had two GKs in my port before this announcement (Donnarumma and Rulli) and have added a few more. I wanted to cover each of the PB leagues and now have around 100 in each of:

Prem:

• Alisson 1.20
    • Patricio 0.48
    • Henderson 1.58

La Liga

• Cortouis 0.65
    • Rulli 0.30

Serie A

• Donnarumma 0.70
    • Gollini 0.46
    • Lopez 0.46
    • Szcezny 0.63

Bundesliga

• Neuer 0.79
    • Gulacsi 0.48

Ligue 1

• Mendy 0.34

Think I probably overpaid for Henderson tbh but I see him as United and England No.1 next season. Pretty happy with the rest I think. Thoughts?

• What prices do you think the top GKs can reach? With much less competition than other categories, surely they will be in demand?

Highest Midfielder - £13.89
    Highest Attacker - £10.44
    Highest Defender - £10.23

OK Trent is a bit of a freak, and it's doubtful GKs will ever win gold, but looking at the next defenders: £4.33 / £3.42 / £2.85 / £2.68, surely the best keepers should be looking at around the £2.00-£2.50 mark at the very very least? I can see steady rises in the top keepers once people realise how good the chances of winning divs are.

Right now the best keepers are around £1.20, so realistically these could win 2 TOTM in a year (10p), plus probabably around another 15p in dividends in PB days if they are consistently up there. I think the top ones could be looking at around 20% div return, even at today's new prices for GKs.

• What about Lloris? Mourinho has got Spurs playing really boring football now and picking up clean sheets. Surely at 40p he’s looking great value for by the time the new season starts should Spurs strengthen the back line which surely they must do.

• I've gone for Courtois personally, main reason Real Madrid are going to win the league is because of how Zidanes got them set up defensively and with Real conceding an average of 0.63 goals in the league this season, his price surely has to rise once those dividends start coming in, 0.66 currently

• @Geronimo159387 Personally GKs under £2.00 look incredible value to me and i don't see why anyone would be buying anything else.

Limited pool of Gk's per match day. Generally still under £1.00. IPD eligible with multiple fixtures and even champions league (if timed right) means more chance at TOTM and more gold days.

I'll be looking to probably add 1 or 2 top tier keepers shortly, just on the fly the three i picked had the highest PB peaks combined with being under 30.

Neur is seriously jumping out at me given i believe Bayerns last long term keeper was Kahn? and he played into his 40s at the top level iirc.

• @London-Is-Blue tell you who I haven't got the minerals to buy as I don't want to get stuck with him, but Sergio Romero. He should play 3 Europa League games in August and should keep a clean sheet against LASK, a current IS price of 15p!

• @London-Is-Blue

I've taken profits on this initial surge of enthusiasm but I'm a long term advocate of GK's as part of a balanced Portfolio & will continue buying/holding but the new dividends don't come into play until next season (whenever that starts) except TOTM, so plenty of buying opportunities yet IMO. I actually see more value in the GK's outside the EPL as they tend to get easier games & often on smaller days, so easier to pick winners & those with CL/EL games have even more value.

This is the one highlight of a majorly disappointing announcement, the current dividend table will not last unchanged until Summer 2021 IMO because if it does it will severely damage the platform's growth potential despite the huge prospective marketing budget for next year.

• @London-Is-Blue said in Some help for the GK buyers:

@Geronimo159387 Personally GKs under £2.00 look incredible value to me and i don't see why anyone would be buying anything else.

Limited pool of Gk's per match day. Generally still under £1.00. IPD eligible with multiple fixtures and even champions league (if timed right) means more chance at TOTM and more gold days.

I'll be looking to probably add 1 or 2 top tier keepers shortly, just on the fly the three i picked had the highest PB peaks combined with being under 30.

Neur is seriously jumping out at me given i believe Bayerns last long term keeper was Kahn? and he played into his 40s at the top level iirc.

Yep, I've just done a separate thread on this trying to put some numbers onto it: https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/17922/working-out-potential-value-of-keepers

The top keeper is currently £1.50. Great keeper PB performers are still well under £1. I think the top performers could easily breach £3 in time once people cotton on, so if people are chasing cap app, then this is the part to go to right now.

• @Gregolocky here's some data, don't forget the Euro multiplier will help keepers that might make a couple less saves

• Below, i've sorted by most games played by the Goalkeepers. Keep an eye on those who have scored very good PB averages( 90+) and have also notched up significant playing time.

This is where the value is, there are 10 or so in this combined list which really stand out for me. Happy shopping!

0_1594383651973_upload-2288baf6-d39c-4c1d-8be3-2b1f064bf5c5

0_1594383693854_upload-576ec631-eada-452b-955a-9717e6d6b8c7

0_1594383719674_upload-e2cce312-d1ad-43bd-ae4a-b2e810659f5c

0_1594383753227_upload-e59e6c0c-dd4c-4dea-a42b-9ef1c95b7503

• @Meridismo04 Nice. Also remember the Frenchies will naturally have played less games due to their season finishing early, so there's good value in France down the list.

To be honest, if anybody was signing up now I'd tell them to put £20 in every player in that list and they'd make a killing over the next year.

• @kristiang85

Indeed, Mendy and Rajkovic in particular.

• @Hint said in Some help for the GK buyers:

So I went goalkeeper shopping in amongst the madness tonight. I had two GKs in my port before this announcement (Donnarumma and Rulli) and have added a few more. I wanted to cover each of the PB leagues and now have around 100 in each of:

Prem:

• Alisson 1.20
    • Patricio 0.48
    • Henderson 1.58

La Liga

• Cortouis 0.65
    • Rulli 0.30

Serie A

• Donnarumma 0.70
    • Gollini 0.46
    • Lopez 0.46
    • Szcezny 0.63

Bundesliga

• Neuer 0.79
    • Gulacsi 0.48

Ligue 1

• Mendy 0.34

Think I probably overpaid for Henderson tbh but I see him as United and England No.1 next season. Pretty happy with the rest I think. Thoughts?

No Pope? Good chance of replacing Pickford as no.1.

• I think I will go for pau Lopez as he is a good gk and he is very decent at passing plus roma historically has always been good at picking gk ,and my personal punt will be gomis from dijon as he looks incredible value and for under 40p he has a very decent pb avg and a good pb max so I am going to have a punt on him also donnarumma a bit more expensive but the youngest good keeper I can think of and as it is a long term bet I just have to buy him and forget about it for at least 2 years and see his price going up i think this announcement could become a goldmine its a bit like starting from the bevin on fi and now we can make some money !

• @Yellow said in Some help for the GK buyers:

@Coleyscrooge said in Some help for the GK buyers:

Interesting seeing Ederson so far down.... he seemed to be the main beneficiary of the rockets after the market reopened

Ederson and Alisson are well known and easy targets, but certainly not the best value.

Probably not the best value anymore, given their recent rises.

But don't forget they can (realistically) win MB too, which a lot of the other goalkeepers will struggle to do.

• Sold my only player with an acceptable spread a couple hours ago, de Paul. But have thrown all that money into some Europa league keepers from the top 5 leagues. Just another example of adapting to the obvious. Could have been a hell of a lot earlier to the party but not concerned about that. My only rationale has been to avoid those keepers in the very dominant sides who will more often than not, be spectators

• Managed to IS Zaniolo for some profit still so I took it and run, tempted to IS but Dybala but trying to resist. Have bought, Lloris, Schmeichel, Patricio, Navas, Schezeny, Courtois and Lopez

• I'm genuinely surprised that Roman Burki's price hasn't taken off. He's 29 and plays regularly for Dortmund (2nd best side in the Bundesliga and a Champions League team). Plus he will be at Euro 2021 with Switzerland.

All my other keepers have boomed in price, but Burki is still 37p. Just signed a two-year contract, so highly unlikely to leave for China either. Maybe I'm missing something.

Overall I've gone with keepers who are 30 years old or less, to ensure there should be a decent re-sale value in three years time.

• I've had a dabble in a number of GKs today, all have since risen even though I missed yesterday's spike. All intended as long holds. In no particular order:
    Mendy
    Baumann
    Szchezny
    Gulasci
    Leno
    Lafont
    Dragowksi
    Larsonneur
    Emil Audero

• @ocs123 Maybe a bit of short term thinking as Dortmund arent in the last 8 of the champs league

He may rise next season. Chelsea were rumoured to be in for him before he signed that deal so could be worth holding onto for a while.