The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll)

• @Coriolanus Thank you, that makes me happy.

Tho I do wish they took some of the money out of that and put it to better use on the divs.

• Well, I've IS'd and withdrawn a fair chunk of my port tonight and glad I did it quickly as some of the drops since have been savage. I got out in profit on most of the players - was hoping a decent div increase would allow me to market sell in due course but that's clearly off the cards for now.

However - it's not all bad news. My port is fairly well set up for TOTM, which I think is a really great addition, and although adding GKs is a big upset for some, there is currently massive value to be had there. So although I'm expecting less CA overall than before, I should be in line for more divs - especially with all the goalkeepers I've iust bought for pittance considering their div potential. Some of those should get me some solid CA over the next few months as well.

My bigger fear is how they manage the market from here. A lot of traders feel stung after the ME and controversial div review. Generally FI do a good job at keeping traders happy and I hope they don't forget their bread and butter, even whilst it is vital that the platform evolves.

• @Baydog It's purely because prior to this week there was 500k in keepers in the Index,

Tonight has seen massive sums go into them

And at some stage they will all be sold and that 2% commission goes K'ching

Just how many people were insistant on keepers having their own group compared to a higher rise on MB or Star Player ?

That's the real question

As for the survey we completed asking for this....all depends how you phrase the question

• Top 5% now over valued.

Rest of the 95% still not worth anything like their buy price either.

Still no liquidity.

But yay now keepers have their own category. ..

• @MickTurbo said in The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll):

Just had a look on twitter and seeing several comments about how the div increase is tiny compared to the rise in the footie. The funny thing is that its the same people who were shouting that the footie isnt a reliable measure anymore as they dont see how it can go down.

Making no bones, today has been a disappointment, but some people are just incapable of expressing a balanced view

I did another approach, not perfect though but just to give a rough idea. I took the top 450 players (not including those IPOd in meantime) from 1 November (last dividend increase). Cut it off at 450 as dont want a Saudi league keeper skewing it. And just judged their price since then. On average they have risen 32%. Given there arent keepers in that 450, most of these players have about a 10-15% increase (not quite sure how to calculate this as TOTM is only once a month). So in terms of value for money, we are in a much worse position than we were on 1 November,

I just dont see how this drives the market. Only sentiment will which will definitely put off some bigger investers. But I'm not ruling out growth at all, just that the idea behind the product, and market sentiment will drive it.

• @Fletch I agree

Granted I do feel they could have done it a bit better, but I like where they are trying to go with things. Not saying its perfect and that we shouldnt complain, but same time this product has always been a longterm thing, well for me anyway.

Its all part of building, Rome wasnt built in a day. I feel FI are heading in the right direction in building this to be a great platform. As long as they keep sweetening the pot, money will pour in.

All they need to do is take some of the money out of TOTM and put it into PB/MB and I really think most people would have been happy enough.

• Just reading threw again, when it comes to IPD's are they for the full duration of your holds as well or just for 30 days still?

• 5/10 from me. I like the MOTM aspect, but weak PB div increases and GK category are a disappointment. There is a global Pandemic however, so I’m cutting them some slack. 🤓

• I’ll give my full pros/cons at the weekend when I’ve got time but one that has really pissed me off is Mr Coles lies.

The ONLY reason I don’t hold and haven’t bought into Kimmich is because since moving to a midfielder he has continued to post excellent scores (because he’s an excellent player) but on lots of occasions has just come up short in winning the dividends. It had become clear that he would only be of any major worth if tiered PB came in; something that AC has regularly said will not happen and even in his Q&A a few weeks back he was asked again and said ‘absolutely not’.
    So what have they done, introduced tiered PB in the shape of TOTM and something that Kimmich will absolutely boss and as a resulted his prices has rocketed.

I’m fuming at the announcement!!

• Was 5 down to 3 after a nights sleep. The team of the month is a lot of press for not a lot of money. All the have done is added is 1 an extra gold and 1 extra silver day in a month to pay out. Rubbish when you think of like that!

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Because the rise is artificial, you said your self it happened in a couple of months and it was mainly due to promos they ran to keep it all running. I don’t think that counts as traditional market growth.

I just don’t understand why because the market grew by 30% we’re automatically entitled to more than a 30% rise in payouts. If we got it brilliant and down the line we will for FI to grow, but when people are easily making 100% ROI I think it’s incredibly greedy to be disappointed with that announcement when all factors are taken into account.

There is plenty more to come from FI they won’t want to lay all their cards on the table especially with more big changes. They’ll throw some sweetened in along the way, although I’m sure some will still moan about the free money.

• @Zaka_7 said in The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll):

@Dr-Jan-Itor Because the rise is artificial, you said your self it happened in a couple of months and it was mainly due to promos they ran to keep it all running. I don’t think that counts as traditional market growth.

I just don’t understand why because the market grew by 30% we’re automatically entitled to more than a 30% rise in payouts. If we got it brilliant and down the line we will for FI to grow, but when people are easily making 100% ROI I think it’s incredibly greedy to be disappointed with that announcement when all factors are taken into account.

There is plenty more to come from FI they won’t want to lay all their cards on the table especially with more big changes. They’ll throw some sweetened in along the way, although I’m sure some will still moan about the free money.

If market growth vastly outstrips the only actual on here that is dividends, then not only does that hinder future growth, but put us at serious risk of the market deflating. You keep mentioning your 30% number, even though it has been thorough debunked that most players have not seen anywhere near a 30% increase. Most players have seen a 4p increase plus a chance to win 10p once a month. That's more like 10-15%. As most players have fallen in value in real terms since November 1, we have a right to ask questions and be a bit worried. Can we really sustain 12 MONTHS in this dividend structure? 6 months I wouldnt be worried, but 12!? We will probably hit saturation around November. Then we have 6-7 long months ahead of trading in sentiment, top players fallings, and lower end market with big spreads

• I like it. I think many expectations were unjustified and way too high. This all looks very sensible. It’s a ‘well played’ from me.

• Bronze days remaining the same is very very cheeky and a missed opportunity to provide liquidity on those days

• @Dr-Jan-Itor If it was a 50% increase everyone would be loving it but by your logic most players wouldn’t have seen anywhere near that due to the main Pb dominants so the issue doesn’t change?

I agree this won’t last us 12 months. But I don’t think it has too. The clause in the FI announcement said “We will review the dividend structure annually AND due to market growth”

I genuinely feel they haven’t played their ace yet. These are testing eceonomic times and they’re rightly being cautious incase COVID spikes again or they over commit and go tits because of it. No one wants that we’d all lose a lot more then. I feel this way it ticks us along until things become clearer and then when the sell orders / Nasdaq and Media changes happen I wouldn’t be surprised so see a further dividend boost very similarly timed to those things personally.

• Pros:-
    *The announcement was clear and easy to understand.

*I don’t mind the TOTM as it adds something exciting and gives those who sometimes just fall short of the PB dividends but are consistently good, a chance to win some dividend once a month.......BUT......(see Cons)

*Something needed doing with goalkeepers and they’ve certainly done that.......BUT....... (see Cons)

Cons:-
    *To consistently put the message out that there won’t be tiered PB and even in the recent Q&A to say ‘absolutely not’ and then implement TOTM which is tiered PB is disgraceful and AC should hang his head in shame for being a lying son of a bitch!! Kimmich is a great and consistent player but was falling just short and was only ever going to be a real gold mine under tiered PB.......something that was ‘absolutely not’ going to happen, so I didn’t invest or include him in my port, or thinking, much to my reluctance. Fucked over!!

*They have gone overboard on the TOTM payouts. These should have been lower and more put into the standard PB/MB dividends which at times can be a bit more random. As let’s face it the top forward and midfield spots will be totally bossed by Kimmich and Messi. However it’s been done to take the spotlight away from a poor dividend increase and will force some to take the risk of locking money into Messi (top forward every month) without maybe thinking of how they will get out of those shares when he leaves Barca for an end of career payday or retires.

*The OTT dividends and own category for goalkeepers (much reduced number to compete against) has caused a severe stripping of money out of the top players (I’m haemorrhaging money from the likes of Neymar and Dybala) all to be loaded into keepers. Why would you pay top dollar now for someone when you can get decent and less competitive dividends for someone up to ten times cheaper!

*The app and website are clearly not up to it and need serious capacity adding to the servers. Once I finally got on yesterday and tried to grab a goalkeeper he had already doubled in price.

*Stating that commission free buying has been extended indicates that we won’t be seeing the sell side of ME anytime soon. We need a sell side ASAP; not October, not September, not August.....NOW!!
    All this bleating about profits and getting someone really cheap is pointless if it’s just paper profit. A profit isn’t a profit until you sell and make good on that profit.

*Nothing whatsoever to aid the bottom of the market which is effectively loads of rotting carcasses with the changing of the goalposts and withdrawal of IS back to FI.

*1 billion market cap and loads of growth. Have you been dipping your toe into meth or cocaine use AC?

I’m sure there’s much more I could add but I’m still raging and on the brink of watching my port actually go into the negative for the first time. It’s gone from 14% pre-Covid and not stopped dropping since. Down 2% just from yesterday’s announcement.

And as for those ‘I’m alright joe’ posters who are either saying ‘I don’t understand how people can’t see how great this is’ or ‘stop being so negative’ or ‘you should’ve seen this coming and changed your port’
    I’m frankly sick to death of trying to continually shape or change my port off the back of what may or may not be announcements, just to be shat on. How can you guess what they’re going to do when they can’t even stick to things and promises they’ve made in the past. Nobody could have seen this announcement, that’s for sure!

It’s a shambles!!! When they decided to remove IS when Covid kicked in I thought they’d finally understood what was best for them, us and the platform. Oh how wrong I was as since then it’s been one horror show after another.

Given the chance to sell my whole port right now, even at a 10-15% loss, I’d take it.

• @Erased-Citizen looks like you’ve spotted a few more cons mate 😐

• @Erased-Citizen well said, totally agree

• @Erased-Citizen hear hear

• Right, get ready to shoot me down.

I think the main issue with yesterday's announcement is that people heavily bet on there being a div rise of >50%. They were wrong. So money pumped in at the top end doesn't now look like value wrt potential divs. FI only said there would be a positive change, people read that how they wanted (myself included), largely to mean a material increase.

A lot of crowing on here and twitter that "this doesn't help the bottom end etc"....but a straight pb div increase wouldn't necessarily have done that either. That issue requires sell orders and ideally return of IS (which is potentially more likely given FI haven't increased their exposure as much with this announcement).

In a world where the economy is about to absolutely tank, why do people think they can keep making returns on here, way in excess of any other market? Why would the div increase now, in a Covid riddled world, be higher than last Sept?

Don't get me wrong, I fully get that the market is a 'bit' fucked right now but there's a complete lack of perspective from some. FI will have done a risk analysis on what they could afford, taking into account Nasdaq/dev expenses, taking some money for themselves and allowing for 'shit happens' scenarios like Covid20 or a second spike. Would people rather they maxed the divs and then crumbled when footy gets cancelled again and media bleeds FI dry?

I am disappointed with the announcement, because I wanted more, but I voted it a 7/10 because there's plenty of good things about it, and once the full OB is in place there is a platform ready for serious growth (which is the point when FI said they would aim to reach the £1bn cap). Pissed off money will leave, new money will come...time is a great healer.