The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll)

• Pros:
    Goalkeeper only category is great. What I've been after for ages.
    Team of the month is a good start, but could be better.

Cons:
    Very small increase to traditional PB payouts. Likewise media.

• Pros

Increases fun now GK are relevant

Cons

Site crashed completely so massively overpaid for GK who are all red now
    20 % increase instead of 50% to match days
    TOTM is a once a month "increase" instead of daily "increase" and only really benefits the big boys. Nothing to make the lower/ mid market, who should been improved on the once a year dividend they get.
    GK dividends don't start right away.
    Youth bubble beginning to pop due to not getting consistent games for TOTM and the perceived reduction in future Div gains when they get to their prime scoring years, they probably only be battling out for 12p gold days :(

• Pros

• Introduction of TotM payout format
    • GK payouts, enriches the game
    • Minor increase of media payouts (personally not a fan of MB)

Cons

• Initial TotM payouts are too high, should've been much lower and increased pot size for bronze/silver/gold payouts
    • Pitiful increases for bronze/silver/gold matchdays, this is what gets people excited and causes market growth
    • Previous bigging up of the review (£1bn market cap etc), blah blah blah, they clearly do not value the concepts of trust and belief (the sacred commodities of this platform by the way), more announcements like this and FI will be murdered

• Solid. 7 out of 10 from me.

I thought they might go 3/6/12 for Bronze/Silver/Gold and possibly 2/5/8 for Triple Media Days so that is a little disappointing BUT with the leagues all starting and finishing at different times and international tournaments next summer, I don't think they'll be many triple media days anyway.

I like the Goalkeepers category and Team of the Month is interesting too. If people manage to get three or more players in any team of the month, that'll be a nice windfall potentially.

• @NewUser607503

What's you overpaying on GKs got to do with the announcement?

• I voted 2 which on reflection might be a bit harsh, but the marginal increase to match day payouts is very underwhelming.

TOTM is a cool addition.

• I went right down the middle. I'm very disappointed personally as iv based my port around 2nd tier pb players who have seen very little rise. In fact my port is down since the announcement. I also don't own any goalkeepers and didn't have a cash balance to invest. Well done to the people who have and who have seen substantial rises. I like the totm addition. Not everyone can win and on this occasion my luck is shitout but that is the bet. People who moan about that this has gone against them maybe gambling is not for them

• Defo underwhelming rises to the traditional payouts. Buf I've seen a lot of ppl saying the previous rise was only enough to drive the market for 6 months and therefore this needed to be massive but I disagree with the first part of that.

Yes it's true that things were pretty great for 6 months after the last increase, but also true is that 6 months down the line COVID struck. Prior to that my port was still flying. I believe that if it wasnt for COVID, the previous increases would have drove the market until now. Therefore I believe that even before today, the market generally showed a bit of value, and more so again after this rise.

All that said, I cant lie, I was hoping for at least another 50% but theres definite mitigation in the shape of the team of the month which will of itself become a market driver once players are showing that they are in the running.

Genuine question here. Does anybody see a bit of a reflection of the SMDD's in this team of the month? I do personally. And that was something that a lot of us, me included, have called for recently. I think that it is another influencer in terms of making divs drive the market, all be it, at somewhat lower rates than many of us were expecting.

I think in general terms, this has done a little to quell the hype bubbles, which is why I'm not overly shocked to see initial dips in Greenwood, Sancho, Mbappe.

Far more surprising is the Trent dip, but I do wonder if that's driven by TOTM. I say this because the perception has been; particularly after the Hakimi/Kimmich re-classification, that TAA had top def pretty much boxed off, hamstringing every other defender around, but now theres an element of a tier system, many defenders are now brought back into the game, so arguably it benefits every single defender but TAA. Maybe, I don't know.

As for dips elsewhere, well that's just the GK pile in which I do think was an I'll conceived idea by FI. Therefore I've given the announcement a 6 because the positives outweigh the negatives for me, but there are undeniable negatives. Weve now got a whole new win mechanism though, and a somewhat more appealing div structure, so these ppl voting 1-3 I just cannot agree with at all

• @MickTurbo said in The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll):

Genuine question here. Does anybody see a bit of a reflection of the SMDD's in this team of the month?

Having a dumb moment here... (guess this is what it feels like to be @ScouseSte) but what's SMDD?

• Im not happy. Its basically a 30% increase with one extra days payout a month. If you want to be arsy about it its actually a payout that amounts to one extra gold and one extra silver day a month.

Does anyone really think thats good enough after the FOOTIE has doubled in 12 months and they have opened up MB to all players.

This dividend structure is to be in place for the next 12 months and it isnt even going to satisfy traders for the next 12 days.

I hope they get their act together and rectify this shite

• @Dan-The-Man super match day dividends mate, remember the club card thing in January I think it was, 1p for every 250 match day points scored

• @MickTurbo said in The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll):

@Dan-The-Man super match day dividends mate, remember the club card thing in January I think it was, 1p for every 250 match day points scored

Ah yeah of course.

That thing which confused everyone for a month until we all checked our balance for the free winnings we didn't know we'd earned ha.

• @Dan-The-Man that's the fella. Where are u on the announcement?

• @Black-Wolf largely my thoughts, it is a good added bit of fun to the platform, but not much else, and I think FI have used it to mask over the lack of rise for tradititional pb divs- it looks like a lot, but not when only paid once a month. An increase is an increase though, so I'm not massively annoyed.

• 7/10 for me

Positives:

• the GK announcement has ruffled a few feathers but in all honesty people have been crying out for this for a long time and it had to happen. In six months it will feel part of the FI furniture and new users will be baffled it didn’t exist for so long.

• TOTM is a great idea and again has long been asked for by a lot of users. Rewards consistent performers and will make finishing 2nd on matchday less of a kick in the bollocks. Very generous payouts and could be a nice monthly windfall.

• 4pm dividend deadline should lead to more matchday trading on a weekend and will help any lower priced players who get off to a flyer.

• commission free bids until September means more Matching Engine fun for longer

Negatives:

• the pitiful increases to MB/PB which we are told are now set in stone for 12 months. This doesn’t encourage me about big capital appreciation over the next year. May need an interim promotion or boost so divs keep stimulating growth, which defeats the point of an annual review.

• not good for mid/low end players, other than the possible matchday trading boost referred to above.

• Worst ‘dividend review’ since joining. Cheap offerings from a company that have completely de-risked themselves. 1 billion growth? Maybe in 10-15 years from now. FI are delusional as a company. They have proved they are not only inept, but cheap also.

• @Notanyoldnewuser said in The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll):

@Black-Wolf largely my thoughts, it is a good added bit of fun to the platform, but not much else, and I think FI have used it to mask over the lack of rise for tradititional pb divs- it looks like a lot, but not when only paid once a month. An increase is an increase though, so I'm not massively annoyed.

Thats exactly as i first saw it. Its just a distraction from the truth

• A totw with 4p top position then 2p, 1p would have been better in my opinion. It would allow a nobody in a relegation team a chance to win with, if say they played 2 games in a week and achieved a high base score in both games. At the same time, a Neymar playing one game could easily compete with said lower league player get in it as well.

A team of the month is almost certainly just going to help the top of the market while a team of the the week would give people more of a reason to hold lower end players. The market was crying out for something to help the lower end and this new payout isn’t really going to do anything for them.

• @CJ0101 problem is the top of the market was already preloaded for a big dividend increase which hasnt happened so TOTM at best will only aid to stem the flow

• 6/10 for me

Positives

• TOTM is fantastic and keeps you more involved throughout the month.

Negatives

• Keepers own category. Now, hear me out on this. I was against keepers getting their own category, not because I don't think they deserve one, but because I know FI are stingey with dividends. Ideally I would like a big boost on match day divs to all categories plus keepers included. But I would rather FI had spent the divs on the other positions as it gives more value to a much, much larger group of players. How many players have benefited from this, maybe 50ish that have a realistic chance of winning? Whilst an increase to other positions would have benefited more like 400 players. I know plenty will disagree, and I know why, but to me it is disappointing.
    • IPDS- lower end of the market is struggling as it is. Adam posted recently they were going to sort out this problem. After this it has probably got worse
    • I don't think this is enough to flatten competitors.