The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll)

• A totw with 4p top position then 2p, 1p would have been better in my opinion. It would allow a nobody in a relegation team a chance to win with, if say they played 2 games in a week and achieved a high base score in both games. At the same time, a Neymar playing one game could easily compete with said lower league player get in it as well.

A team of the month is almost certainly just going to help the top of the market while a team of the the week would give people more of a reason to hold lower end players. The market was crying out for something to help the lower end and this new payout isn’t really going to do anything for them.

• @CJ0101 problem is the top of the market was already preloaded for a big dividend increase which hasnt happened so TOTM at best will only aid to stem the flow

• 6/10 for me

Positives

• TOTM is fantastic and keeps you more involved throughout the month.

Negatives

• Keepers own category. Now, hear me out on this. I was against keepers getting their own category, not because I don't think they deserve one, but because I know FI are stingey with dividends. Ideally I would like a big boost on match day divs to all categories plus keepers included. But I would rather FI had spent the divs on the other positions as it gives more value to a much, much larger group of players. How many players have benefited from this, maybe 50ish that have a realistic chance of winning? Whilst an increase to other positions would have benefited more like 400 players. I know plenty will disagree, and I know why, but to me it is disappointing.
    • IPDS- lower end of the market is struggling as it is. Adam posted recently they were going to sort out this problem. After this it has probably got worse
    • I don't think this is enough to flatten competitors.

• @Black-Wolf Yeah, everyone was (quite fairly) planning for at least a 50% increase and maybe more across the board. Don't get me wrong I’ve wanted something like this I just feel the totm should have been more generous or divs should have increased more for the game days.

• I'm not sure what ppl expect from FI. If a bank offered the possibility of a 30% increase on there money they'd be queuing round the block. They've introduced two new concepts TOTM and a goalie category which many ppl have been calling out for and increased PB to an acceptable level. I'd rather see FI continue to grow with sound financial prudence than over stretch themselves. I voted 9/10.

• @MickTurbo said in The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll):

@Dan-The-Man that's the fella. Where are u on the announcement?

It gave me a lot of what I wanted to see. I've been specifically asking for TOTM/TOTY for a long time so I'm over the moon to see that, as it rewards football and that's the direction I want FI to go in. Here's how I see it.

• TOTM = Major Win

• 20th of the Month Market Driver = Massive Win

• Champions League Boost = Big Win

• More types of payouts = Big Win

• Goal Keepers = Big Win

• Deadline Change = Win

• Silver/Gold Increase = Win

• Commission Extension = Win

• Dividend Payout Time = Win (hopefully fewer disgruntled traders)

• IPD Forever = Win

• Tournament Tease = Win

• No General Bronze Boost = Disappointment

• No General IPD Boost = Disappointment

Goal Keepers are now super interesting.... 2p clean sheet bonus + team of the month chance + PB... that's a game changer, so even though there wasn't a big boost to IPD... they increased the effectiveness of the existing IPD bonus.

I'm interested in hearing more from @Black-Wolf on why he's disappointed though because it seems like some people really aren't happy with it.

• GK's the obvious highlight.

I'm sceptical about team of the month as Europa League and champions League games count towards this, effectively a player not in European competition will have no chance of winning in months these competitions are played.

There's enough to keep me happy just not a lot to get me excited, so '5' is where I landed.

• @CJ0101 said in The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll):

@Black-Wolf Yeah, everyone was (quite fairly) planning for at least a 50% increase and maybe more across the board. Don't get me wrong I’ve wanted something like this I just feel the totm should have been more generous or divs should have increased more for the game days.

I was hoping for 50% (realistically) and actually expecting 30% (as a bare minimum!) that was my lowest level, based on their recent de-risking and making a bomb from commission. I had a figure in mind and if that wasn’t ‘announced’, I would leave the table with my winnings. FI have turned the platform heavily in their favour.

• Hasn’t adding goal keepers just diluted other players prices. Can’t see how having gk helps traders.

• @Dan-The-Man this TOTM, I dunno if u or anyone else can nail this. Is it or is it not like IPD's.

For example, I'm a big Kimmich holder and have been since last month. As I've said, absolute no brainer around a PB announcement.

So I fancy his chances of being in this TOTM at least 90% of the time, and probably top spot 50-60% of the time.

Will those shares which I've held since 30/6, become ineligible on 30/7, or is this team of the month a long term dividend like PB/MB

@Dan-The-Man this TOTM, I dunno if u or anyone else can nail this. Is it or is it not like IPD's.

For example, I'm a big Kimmich holder and have been since last month. As I've said, absolute no brainer around a PB announcement.

So I fancy his chances of being in this TOTM at least 90% of the time, and probably top spot 50-60% of the time.

Will those shares which I've held since 30/6, become ineligible on 30/7, or is this team of the month a long term dividend like PB/MB

Long term like PB/MB👍

• @Carboney smashing, cheers

• @MickTurbo seems to be lots of confusion on this, but the terms are clear. If you hold shares on midnight on the 21st of the month (any month) they are eligible as long as you still hold them at midnight on the last day of the month. So your Kimmich shares are in contention every month you hold them

• Correct me if im wrong but in the past did they not say the aimed to project a 20% annual yield

0_1594321363818_CBFDDF05-7ECB-437F-B0DD-0FFEF3F0EC0E.jpeg

• @Sol I know a lot of people are discontent but I think thats the first time I’ve seen someone say they’re considering leaving.

I honestly think FI do this to themselves half the time. One day they say they aren’t going to remove instant sell, then they do.

Followed by hyping Germany joining but its not guaranteed to be shared liquidity which would negate any major benefits to us.

Then its claiming a £1 billion market cap within a few years, followed by a mediocre dividend increase that Adam Cole had been hyping on twitter for the last month.

A lot of us have serious money in this platform, most have a hell of a lot more than me. We deserve to be treated with respect and if FI can’t guarantee stuff they shouldn’t shout about it on twitter for months beforehand.

• @Black-Wolf from the trader meet apparently before the share split. Very well remembered mate.

AC offered the following :
    "We put the dividend yield at 19%"
    "Had you purchased 1 share in each player and held them for 12 months, this would be the dividend yield on that initial investment 12 months later"
    "A 19% annual yield is generous and we would like to retain that figure"

• I'm split all over the place on this... I can see big opportunities but I can also see big opportunities missed.

Firstly, from a trading point of view, and how the market is going to function - I do think that they have put some decent thought into this... I am looking at how I will trade and where I will see new opportunities to make money...

With the combination of functions FI has put into place - I can see several things happening.. With team of the month in addition to IPD's/PB/MB, there are going to be several opportunities to make short plays based upon fixture lists.

Promoting short term trading has been the modus operandi of FI for some time. I am pleased that they have implemented a decent set of options to really make some money off consistent performance.

They want us trading regularly, and what they have put into place will encourage that.. And that is actually a decent thing when it comes to liquidity across the market...

There will be a lot of trading based on fixtures. All sorts of opportunities to make significant dividend returns across a period of fixtures. This means that a lot of people will buy in at certain times, and will likely look to jump off at similar times. Not ideal before the Matching Engine, but if everyone is looking to sell at the same time then this sets up opportunities to trade on the sell off.. It also sets up opportunities to make big div wins in a short space of time if you study the fixtures...

This aspect I think is a positive. It will keep the market moving, as will the 4pm deadline for PB divs.

Negatives. Underwhelmed by the bronze and silver days. These potential rises have been consumed by the addition of GK section on PB. I don't hold any keepers, so I have not felt any benefit. But from an unselfish point of view, it has given people on the platform, new and old, an absolute equal opportunity to get on at the ground floor on a new category. That is about as good as I can do on a positive spin on that aspect.

I'd have preferred not adding keepers and attributing that money to the other PB categories, but I guess it does provide new opportunities.

It is very hard to imagine that the modest rises will boost the market to the level that people are looking at. But I can see some serious potential in short trading that would not necessarily have interested me before. I also think that there is still significant room for growth under the new structure across the board - and whilst it is unlikely to sustain massive growth for the next 12 months, we are not exactly in a good economy. I have £100k in the bank and it has made me about a quid in interest, I won £3 off 30 Ramos shares costing £26 the other day.

Overall, I think I am pretty happy with the moves that have been made. I can see a lot of ME trading opportunities on the horizon, and that is a new way of making money (again, almost creating new opportunities and putting people on an equal footing to some extent).. I am not exactly excited, but I certainly do not feel any level of doom and gloom.

People were perhaps expecting a little too much. I have not at any point expected more than 25%. Had the situation in the global economy been different, and FI withdrew market backed IS and only gave us 25% - then yeah, I'd be hurling my own shite at their headquarters. Under the current circumstances I am pleased with what they have come up with.

@Dan-The-Man this TOTM, I dunno if u or anyone else can nail this. Is it or is it not like IPD's.

My understanding (which could easily be wrong), is that once you have the shares, they are always eligible. The announcement said that all of our current holdings are eligible.

Kimmich is not a bad shout mate but I don't think he'll win it as often as that. I've not had a chance to run the data for June properly but Jonas Hofman would have had a higher score than him... he might have made the team though.

I don't swim in the that end of the pool but if I were gonna stick £5,000+ into a £5.37 player... the GOAT himself is 20p cheaper, won PB more than twice as often this season and could very well be in every TOTM, not to mention still has fixtures this season.

• Not sure I fully understand the negativity. We’ve been offered an extra 30% on our returns which is good. I also for some reason feel FI have left something in the tank for the further announcements in August and the implementation of sell orders. They could well have a further surprise. I think short term pessimism will be punished and long term optimism will be rewarded and I personally feel better about the product long term than I did a few hours ago! Exciting future! I think people are just greedy. Some of the 100% rises I saw touted were dreams and lets be honest never going to happen. Would just mean the next increase would have to be more again. You can never please anyway. I think this structure suits the long term plans of the index. They’re getting to the platform they want to be one step at a time over playing all their cards at once. Just my thoughts anyway.

• @Dan-The-Man said in The Announcement: Marks Out Of Ten Please?(Poll):

Goal Keepers are now super interesting.... 2p clean sheet bonus + team of the month chance

The clean sheet is still 1p:

0_1594322144340_upload-8984311c-850f-402f-87db-3209ddb43e47