Perspective

• Following this announcement, I've seen mostly negativity surrounding it.

I,like a minority, expected not too much from it. When I was seeing cries of 100% and rockets being thrown around, I knew that there would be disappointment.

Many can be short sighted. During a global pandemic, where people have lost jobs and lives, businesses have collapsed, Football Index has shone a light amongst the darkness. 5 place media payouts for over 6 weeks and extension of goal posts helped keep cash flowing in when nothing was moving, anywhere.

Other betting companies, completely idle. What many of you may not understand, is that Football Index is a business, not a free money button. So to expect something which YOU want, and be threatening to leave when it's not gone your way, is not going to pay you any dividends.

For over 2 years now, I've seen great changes, and disappointing changes to the market. But in the end, over time, better things led on from each turning point.

Take a deep breath and reflect on how you view not just this spectacular product we have, but on your ability to stick with it. Because this is a long road we have, and a fruitful one I believe for those who remain proactive, and not reactive.

• FI should've led with messaging of perspective, rather than £1bn market cap and so on. You can't blame people for being excited by FI's own messaging.

• NASDAQ and a fully functioning order book system all play a role in that £1bn market cap.

Way more to it than just increasing dividend payouts, which by the way, they have.

• @Meridismo04 said in Perspective:

NASDAQ and a fully functioning order book system all play a role in that £1bn market cap.

Way more to it than just increasing dividend payouts, which by the way, they have.

But how much longer do we keep taking losses before we see this so called ‘growth’. I’ve gradually gone down from 14% profit and as we speak I’ve dropped to 3.8% (was 5% this morning). If it wasn’t for deposit bonus I’d actually be in the red now!

• Banned

<FI> We are going to rocket and have £1b market cap!!! Here, have 1p.

• 30 percent rise plus totm

• Posted this here too as applicable to this thread also.

Not sure I fully understand the negativity. We’ve been offered an extra 30% on our returns which is good. I also for some reason feel FI have left something in the tank for the further announcements in August and the implementation of sell orders. They could well have a further surprise. I think short term pessimism will be punished and long term optimism will be rewarded and I personally feel better about the product long term than I did a few hours ago! Exciting future! I think people are just greedy. Some of the 100% rises I saw touted were dreams and lets be honest never going to happen. Would just mean the next increase would have to be more again. You can never please anyway. I think this structure suits the long term plans of the index. They’re getting to the platform they want to be one step at a time over playing all their cards at once. Just my thoughts anyway.

• @MrWh1te yeah I like a laugh and a joke to but 1billion! Wouldn’t be surprised if sum1 at hq added a zero by accident or for a joke!

• Very wise words. I think people are expecting things to rise too quickly. They need to realise we are in the middle of a global financial slump. Yes it could have been more, but they need to grow it sensibly, without risking all our monies invested. If they had given a 100% increase in PB then how upset would people have been if they couldn't sustain this and our investments had been at risk.

• I liked the announcement, keeps things interesting and its not a bad percentage dividend increase especially as there will be a lot of match days over the next year. Only thing is I wish I'd kept a record of PB scores!

• Even though I've only been on here for a short time, this has played out like it normally does.

It gets over hyped, expectations are set too high by the numerous postings across social media, people are disappointed as they've not become millionaires over night, rebalancing of portfolios even though it's a three year bet.

let it settle then review where you are if your concerned about your port, not every day is a rocket day.

FI can only spend what they can afford, they have increased rewards, they will have a roadmap how to achieve staggered growth. I understand if people say it's changed the bet again depending on your strategy, however give yourselves some time to reflect before you panic.

• The problem is they have taken away IS from them self's and will soon add 2% commission on bids which is massive for them. They have done that just to offer a small increase. In 12 months time when Div goes up again what else are they going to take 3% on bids and sales? I feel like they have taken quite big just to give a little back

• Where is Nasdaq and full implementation of order books???

No reason for it to take this long.

• @Comrade said in Perspective:

Where is Nasdaq and full implementation of order books???

No reason for it to take this long.

The announcement on 26 June said the Offers (Sell Orders) should arrive by August, but in today's announcement, the commission-free ME will be here now until the end of September. This could mean the Sell Orders won't arrive until October. NASDAQ won't come until the full order books are up and running.

• I disagree. This is not perspective, I think this is apologist. Let me show you why.

Since the last dividend increase, the top 400-500 players have increased on average by about 30%. Most of these players have seen very little value increase today with pretty all the value going to keepers. Essentially, compared to 1st of November, you are paying more for the player and getting less out. And that's day 1 after the increase. If the product growth 20% in the next 6 months, new purchases will be getting even less value.

TOTM is great and I love. But when you think about TOTM, all they have done is add a one gold day and one silver extra a month. But they will be removing the promotion that is on anyway so there will be less gold and silver days anyway. Most players value then has not really changed in the last 24 hours. Most players on the Index have seen a 4p dividend rise, with the potential to win an extra 10p once a month. That is tiny considering how much prices have changed.

Now this would be fine, if the product was stalling or not growing, or even growing slowly. But even with Covid factored in, this is how much the product has grown since the last dividend increase

0_1594336819878_upload-d4c802c8-2222-4ae7-b840-d9c4a9c19add

Since the 1st of March, the market has grown around 30%. That is more in a few months than the entire increase today, and thats not considering that those few months only cover partial growth since last div increase. The actual market gorwth is more in the region of 70-80%. Why would anyone pay say 12 quid for Neymar now? Thats why I dont like people hiding behind covid, whilst there was a small downturn in March, the market quickly recovered. Whilst FI did that by increasing spreads, was it too much to ask for a bit more in return for also standing by the product?

In fact whichever way you cut the data, it looks pretty bleak if this is meant to push the market over the next 12 months. If I apply todays dividend table across the entire season, I dont get particularly amazing numbers. Only 9 players would have got more than .50p worth of PB divs, Messi of course smashes, but the second best is Neymar (.78), TAA (.61), Lewandowski (.60) and the rest are all under 60p. In fact, only 21 players even get to 30p.

From a market point of view, dividends should drive the values, otherwise it is sentiment driving it. Now the product may grow, and I think it still will. But it wont be dividends driving the markets. In fact you ask traders to be proactive rather than reactive, but I have only ever known FI to be reactive such is the case here. They missed a huge opporunity to show the market a clear way forward for 12 months and missed.

I don't expect free money or anything like that. And in fact, I think you are being lazy by suggesting people want that, rather than engaging in their very real concerns. This is not reactionary or a panic, but trying to understand the data and facts behind todays figure. I am worried that the dividend increase is miles behind market growth, and have worries about how the market is expect to grow against the fact that traders will be getting worse and worse value for money.

• surely you see how the GK intro has harmed established loyal ports, which they refer to wanting to reward?

• @Doddy said in Perspective:

30 percent rise plus totm

But it isn't for most of the players outside keepers. Most players have seen a 4p rise + an opporunity to win an extra 10p (worth one gold day). That is miles below how much more expensive they are compared to 9 months ago. In real terms, we are getting less value for money, and that is on day 1. In 6 months time if the market grows, the value for money will be even worse

• @Erased-Citizen Relax man it all bounces back round.

When I first joined last year, I bought all my shares at the back of a deposit bonus, well within a month my whole port was in red. I was shitting myself as I was new to the whole thing.

I stuck to my guns and some of my worst holds went on to become some of my best holds.

This things like a yoyo, it goes up and down. You have to think long term.

• @Kanzz said in Perspective:

@Erased-Citizen Relax man it all bounces back round.

When I first joined last year, I bought all my shares at the back of a deposit bonus, well within a month my whole port was in red. I was shitting myself as I was new to the whole thing.

I stuck to my guns and some of my worst holds went on to become some of my best holds.

This things like a yoyo, it goes up and down. You have to think long term.

So people keep saying but I’m not even seeing any yo-yo, it’s just down, down, down.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in Perspective:

From a market point of view, dividends should drive the values, otherwise it is sentiment driving it. Now the product may grow, and I think it still will. But it wont be dividends driving the markets. In fact you ask traders to be proactive rather than reactive, but I have only ever known FI to be reactive such is the case here. They missed a huge opportunity to show the market a clear way forward for 12 months and missed.

Sums it up nicely, far from being short sighted or failing to understand how business's work, many on here are visionaries & strong advocates for the exponential potential growth FI could achieve. However for any business to grow it needs careful nurturing & FI had the perfect opportunity to layout the mechanics that would generate the growth towards £1bn that they aspire towards & they spectacularly failed to deliver.

Perspective: unnecessary & self inflicted damage caused by over promising & under delivering, from the very basics of not even scheduling the announcement on time, to failure to match dividend growth with market growth, which will inevitably retard future growth & however it is dressed up was yet another missed opportunity.