Can someone official please get us an explanation?

• Can someone at FI give clarity over the decision to open up the GK category for PB? Its been long rumored and punted by traders on every big announcement night, but always clearly explained why it shouldn't happen by numerous traders on here and twitter over the years. Lots of us knew the negative affect it would have on the other players values so I fail to understand that FI wouldn't have known.

Did those making the decision really not foresee the swing it would cause? Or did they know what would happen?

It does seem a few things have happened recently where the decision makers didn't know how traders would react. Is there not a trader consultation group still being used for things like this?

@Dan_FI @Global-Moderators @administrators @Marc_FI @FI_Mark

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can get us.

• @Westy Ill be honest I dont really understand your complaint all that much.

Sure short term people might cash in on top holds and use the money on GK since they are untouched, but its 1/2/3p so its not exactly going to topple the boat over.

Granted they should have gave more to PB/MB even if that ment not doing TOTM or giving smaller payouts as thats all gravy.

However I feel they will act on whats going on, and within a few weeks or a month or so things will be sailing along.

It wasnt what people wanted exactly, but all they did is increase the money people can win, now gks are new territory with an actual worth, but they cant go to far so everything will balance out long term.

If they just tweak the TOTM and PB/MB, I feel everyone would have been quite happy. Not saying we shouldnt voice our concerns, but we can see FI is trying to build a product longterm.

• You basically now need a port of goalkeepers, Messi for top forward every month, Kimmich for top midfielder every month and you’re sorted.

Should’ve been much less offered in TOTM and that should’ve gone into PB/MB div increase. GK’s should not of had anywhere near the increase they’ve been given or their own category going forwards.

I don’t think there’s much forwarding think going on at FI. In fact I don’t think there’s any thinking going on at FI. An absolute shambles for a few months now. The last and only sensible thing they’ve done since I’ve been on here was disabling IS during Covid but since then it’s been a horror show.

• Agreed this does not match the ambition of a 1 billion market cap ASAP. TOTM is pretty much an extra gold day a month.

• Great move.

Makes them worthwhile now.

Well done football index 👍

• If FI is to grow surely it needs new customers as well as existing ones?

I can't see why Goalkeepers shouldn't have been separated initially, it makes the market more rounded, especially to new investors

Likewise TOTM, it rewards good players who might miss out on PB because a Silva or Banega put in a worldie! It
    actually removes a bit of the uncertainty around buying expensive players

I think in the long run it will help the top end and the bottom end (which was always GK!)

• More doom and gloom.

• @Marksandygill nail on the head. 👌

It also gives newer users the same ground level chance as older users.

In fact, the only "losers" here, are the people aimlessly buying the top 10 & expecting them to constantly 🚀

Hello people - there's a whole market out there not just the top 10!

The move will benefit the other 95% - it's a genius move.

• The goalkeeper divs are hardly game changing they will soon look overpriced.
    Its another ‘toy’ to muck around with for 5 minutes.

• Short term it may not look pretty, but if these changes lead to loads of new users joining the platform over the next year, along with FIs marketing push, then FI can do a large dividend increase next year to accompany the market growth, rather than one now to create growth in a slightly stagnant period. I guess you could call it organically growing the market rather than artificially growing it. Just a positive look anyway. The other option is FI are stingy twats.

• The only thing that looks overpriced now is the top end, due to everyone inflating the market the past few weeks expecting ridiculous dividend increases.

We are heading for the largest recession in living memory people - wake up!

Meanwhile, i've been doing the exact opposite of the market again (knowing this thing goes in cycles) & I'm feeling pretty smug this morning knowing the rest of the market will now close the gap on the expensive top end.

• @Ericali said it before and I'll say it again, I normally find people like you total twats but cant help but agree with most things you say on here 🤣

• @Stevo thanks - I think 🤣

• @Ericali no total compliment I promise, others on here are just twats without the plus side.

• Is this really a thread where people who hold the most expensive players are upset because goalkeepers got a rise and their div earners have suffered a dip?

With the CL/EL multiplier applied to TOTM they may as well get rid of two thirds of players on the Index. They may as well just IPO players at those clubs when they qualify for Europe. At least they made goalkeepers relevant. Your div earners are going to earn you more divs!

• @PaulM said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

Is this really a thread where people who hold the most expensive players are upset because goalkeepers got a rise and their div earners have suffered a dip?

With the CL/EL multiplier applied to TOTM they may as well get rid of two thirds of players on the Index. They may as well just IPO players at those clubs when they qualify for Europe. At least they made goalkeepers relevant. You div earners are going to earn you more divs!

The top end will be fine.

Media is still media and most of the top end attract that, whilst the TOTM is going to likely benefit half of the top 10. There might be some price corrections on the youth aspect but nothing drastic. GK FOMO will die down shortly and it will be business as usual.
    Bloody love it!

• @Marksandygill

This is a good point. Introduction of GKs into matrix may harm the porfolios now, but it further entices new users onto the platform as months go by.

• @Ericali said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

@Marksandygill nail on the head. 👌

It also gives newer users the same ground level chance as older users.

In fact, the only "losers" here, are the people aimlessly buying the top 10 & expecting them to constantly 🚀

Hello people - there's a whole market out there not just the top 10!

The move will benefit the other 95% - it's a genius move.

I'm curious to why you think this benefits the other 95%?
    The top 10 are priced that way as they have the highest chance of earning dividends (either presently or future potential). By adding the totm wouldn't this benefit them? Especially when they're also likely to be playing European football.
    I don't see how this benefits the lower end other than GKs. Surely any money coming out of the top end right now is to go into GKs?

• The top end suffered yesterday because they had the tightest spreads & most people had a healthy cushion of profit.

It was logical to take the money from there to move into goalkeepers - no one is going to take a 40% hit lower down when you have a 5% spread at the top end are they?

The top end should roughly maintain they price, they have increased dividends a bit, & they have all had a 20-30% growth previous to the announcement.

I wouldn't expect much growth from them next season but they will return the most dividends - as expected if you are paying a premium.

The CA will come from lower down as the undervalued PB players will catch up.

• A statement regarding the removal of IS without notice would be appreciated too.
    Granted, it may be in really small writing somewhere in the Ts and Cs, but was it morally the correct action to take.
    What value are you putting on the amount of goodwill that has been lost.

Traders want confidence in a product.

They want clarity.

They want questions answered.

There are already serious rumblings. Please do not wait to address these issues when serious money is being withdrawn.